Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
There are certain career tips that every young person needs to know. This essence of knowledge helps them to fulfill career opportunities and lead to job satisfaction. Here are some career advice and guidelines that a young person should embrace.
Enhance your employability with a postgraduate diploma
Besides skills and experience, possessing degrees is of paramount importance. It makes a candidate’s CV stand out from the rest and a postgraduate diploma is one such degree that enhances employability. Besides helping to acquire new skills, it helps one to have competitive advantage over other jobseekers applying for the same position.
Other snippets of a great career advice
- Every young person should concentrate on strength and understand their weaknesses. No one excels in everything but at the same time there must be something one is good at. So one must focus on that aspect and develop it further. Similarly, there are things that one is not great at but there is no reason to feel discouraged.
- It is always safe to have an alternative career option. Studying postgraduate diploma helps a candidate to do that very easily. For example, one who studies finance in undergraduate level can easily specialize in marketing with a postgraduate diploma. This allows a candidate to take up jobs both in the field of finance and marketing.
- Networking plays a very important role by advancing one’s career regardless of profession or industry. Pursuing a new course or going across team verticals help a candidate to establish contacts with a number of renowned companies through campus interviews. In addition, it also helps to create contacts with students who specialize in other areas which may help them in the long run.
- Though it is not applicable in every situation but one should volunteer if they get a chance to lead a project. Supervising a project helps in the professional and personal growth of young professionals. This enhances management and leadership skills.
- No matter in whichever field one is working, every young person needs to stay updated about the latest trends in the relevant industry they are working and also stay current on technology. Technology is a rapidly evolving field and it is important for everyone to keep up with current developments.
- An important career advice for youngsters is that they should come out of their comfort zone and volunteer to work beyond that by opting for a new field with a post graduate diploma. This will not only help them to sharpen their skills but keep their names in the good books of the employer.
- Hopefully, every young person would be benefited from these career advices. Joining the top institutes like ITM Institute will further accelerate their growth and help them to achieve their targets.