Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
You can apply for a PGDM (postgraduate diploma in management) course after you have completed your graduation and passed the common entrance test. It is offered in different fields and marketing is one of them.
The PGDM program is offered by institutes not affiliated to any university. The institutes are autonomous and the syllabus is regularized by AICTE. One of the courses after graduation is PGDM in retail management and marketing.
ITM Institute offers this program at its campus in Navi Mumbai. It is a two-year full-time course. It offers exposure to retail operations in India. It prepares candidates to face the challenges of this industry.
Benefits of marketing courses after graduation - PGDM
- The syllabus of the program is industry-relevant. The benefits of doing a PGDM program is that you can aim for higher designations and packages once you complete the course.
- The course includes a five-month industry internship. The candidates get to work directly in the top companies. The candidates get hands-on work experience. Sometimes it leads to pre-placement offers from the internship companies for the candidates.
- Corporate social responsibility has become the core value of many companies. The PGDM includes a one-month NGO project where the candidates have to work for a social cause. This teaches the students the working of the NGOs and how the NGOs help a lot of people.
- The course is a combination of education and skills training program. The skills taught to the candidates are communication, language, etiquette and grooming. This training helps the candidates in career growth.
- The classroom teachings include focused insight sessions and case-based and live projects by experienced faculty and industry experts. There is a research-based Capstone project.
Topics covered in the PGDM
The retail marketing course is designed to meet the needs of the 38 industry in India. The curriculum covers topics related to service operations, consumer behaviour, sales management, marketing management, visual merchandising, category management and supply chain issues related to the business.
The program covers different aspects of overseas retail business, international business, mall management, research and selling and negotiating skills.
The PGDM program offers global, rural and local immersion.
Global immersion - It offers a 10-day Singapore internship program with Nanyang Technological University.
Rural immersion - It conducts rural research projects.
Local immersion - The candidates learn retail marketing techniques by running a live retail store at a mall.