There are multiple career opportunities for professionals with a Masters in Financial Management. There is a large variety of positions to suit professionals with different skill sets and capabilities. Some of the top jobs in finance include Banking, Retail Banking, Financial Analysis, Financial Planning, Investment Banking and Corporate Finance.
Though you can get into entry-level finance jobs with a Bachelors qualification, you need a Masters certificate to grab the top jobs. Pursuing a PG Diploma in Financial Management helps to develop an in-depth understanding of the core areas of finance and develop the necessary analytical skills required to grab high-paying finance jobs.
5 Facts to Know Before You Opt For a Career in Finance
- As per Forbes, the average starting annual salaries in the finance sector range from $46000 to $67000, depending on the specialization.
- The average working hours of finance professionals are longer when compared to other professions. Statistics confirm that employees of reputed investment firms work for a minimum of 10 hours a day.
- The job market for finance professionals is extremely competitive. Pursuing a PGDM in Financial Management from a reputed university, will increase the value of your resume and improve your employability.
- The finance industry is rapidly changing and you have to be up-to-date with the latest technology to make it big in the field of finance.
- The finance industry is very dynamic. You have to update your knowledge and keep learning every day to stay on top of the game.
Tips to Grab Coveted Finance Jobs after Completing Your PG Diploma in Financial Management
- Employers are increasingly opting to recruit students, who participate in their internship programs. They evaluate the performance of the candidate during the internship period and offer them jobs after the completion of the course. Choose a B school that offers internship opportunities with reputed companies as part of its PG Diploma in Financial Management.
- A strong academic performance is a prerequisite to get jobs in the finance sector. Work hard to gain in-depth knowledge and perform well in quantitative, and technical disciplines along with the core subjects of management.
- Participate in the various activities conducted on the college campus and outside that help you develop financial and leadership skills. For example, you can participate in the investment challenges hosted by different organizations, join finance-oriented positions in various organizations etc.
- Research the different options available in the finance sector and choose an option that suits your skills sets and capabilities.
- Networking is crucial to know about job opportunities in finance sector. Use the networking opportunities provided at your B school to connect with seniors, alumni and industry veterans.
Now that you are equipped with the right strategies, you can easily work out the way and grab lucrative job offers in the finance sector.