Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Every serious MBA applicant should be aware of the XAT Exam because it is one of the toughest MBA admission exams. By comparing the average number of students who take this exam with the average number of students who take the CAT exam, the degree of difficulty can be approximated. The XLRI uses this nationwide exam to choose the top applicants for management education from around the nation. The numbers are shocking. Even though there aren't many colleges that recognise the results of this exam, those who do are all among the top in India. The marking system hasn't seen any significant adjustments in the past two years. It is advised that you pay close attention to the XAT 2022's most important features. We're going to give you information on the XAT exam and syllabus here.
The objective of the XAT Exam
The Xavier Aptitude Exam was created by Xavier University as an aptitude test. To accept students to MBA/PGDM programmes, XLRI, Jamshedpur administers a national-level management entrance exam. Because nearly 700 universities nationwide, including XLRI, 95 Associates, and the 12 XAMI member institutes, accept the results of the XAT exam, it is one of the most popular exams among MBA applicants. When the official announcement is posted on the official website, registration for the XAT exam will open.
XAT Exam Format
According to the XAT Exam Pattern 2022, the question paper will be divided into two portions, each containing 101 questions. Reviewing the whole XAT exam pattern is essential to developing a successful preparation strategy.
- Exam Mode: More than 70 Indian cities have test centres where the XAT exam is given in an online CBT style.
- XAT Exam Medium: The exam is only administered in English.
- Exam Part 1 lasts for 165 minutes, while Exam Part 2 lasts for 25 minutes. There are 190 minutes in total (3 hours 10 minutes).
- There are 100 multiple-choice questions and one essay question.
- Sections: There are five portions in total, each broken down into two halves. The three parts of Part 1 are Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Aptitude, and Data Interpretation. General knowledge and essay writing comprise the two sections of the second portion.
- The scoring system is as follows: each accurate response receives one point, while each erroneous response receives 0.25 points.
Procedures for Enrolling at Any XAT Associate College
Candidates must take the actions listed below in order to enrol in one of the Associate Institutes:
- Visit http://www.xatonline.in, make a payment, and register.
- Visit the webpage for the relevant institute if you're interested in learning more about applying to XLRI and other XAT colleges.
- Examine their registration and application procedures. Candidates should be informed that XLRI does not certify the calibre of degrees or programmes offered by Associate Institutes.
- Each institute chooses the weighting to be given to each of the test components based on its own requirements.
- The selection of applicants for these institutes does not include XLRI in any way.
XAT Exam Review
The most important thing students should consider as they prepare for this computer-based exam is exam analysis for the Xavier Aptitude Test. Important details like the weighting of the sections and the most pertinent subjects to cover first will be included in the exam analysis. The essay-writing portion of the exam was eliminated this year. The XAT exam is challenging compared to previous years. There are 26 questions in each of the verbal and logical ability areas. The decision-making and quantitative abilities & data interpretation sections each have 21 and 27 questions. When the official announcement is posted on the official website, XAT exam date registration will start.
The XAT Exam's syllabus
The syllabus covers every significant topic in Verbal & Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge. A unique component that has no set curriculum is decision-making. The questions from previous years are being used to prepare it. The final three topics cover important topics in their corresponding domains. The Verbal & Logical Ability area includes Verbal Ability, English Grammar, and Reading Comprehension. The Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation section covers a variety of subjects, including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, set theory, and more. The topics covered in the GK area include politics, culture, society, people, business, art & entertainment, sports, innovations, the world, economy, science, technology, books, and other topics.
Pattern and Analysis of Question Papers
- The question paper is broken down and analysed section by section, along with the difficulty of each sort of question. An analysis of the XAT exam paper is also included.
- Ability to communicate verbally and logically
- Six texts and 15 questions made up the Reading Comprehension component of the Verbal and Logical Ability test.
- Three passages included three questions, and the other three contained two questions. Traditional poetry with two questions was also present.
- Grammar issues were straightforward, whereas problems with poetry and paraphrase were more difficult.
Decision-making and Analytical Reasoning
- The Choice Making was a moderately tough portion of the XAT exam.
- There were no singlets in this part of the XAT exam.
- There were three questions for each of the seven situations.
- Ethical dilemma, quantitative ability, and data interpretation were all addressed in three passages each, whilst business decisions were covered in four.
- There were 12 questions about data interpretation and 16 questions for quantitative ability on the exam.
- The majority of the QA questions involved arithmetic, algebra, and geometry.
- There were four sets of DI questions in this section of the xat exam.
- Overall, the part was not too challenging.
- Overall, the General Knowledge section was not too difficult.
- 25 questions from current and static GK (business economics, famous people, and prizes) made up this section (Economy, Geography, Science, and Technology)
Strategy for preparation
You should prepare for the XAT exam in advance because, as we all know, it differs from other MBA entrance exams. It's also one of the hardest exams for MBA admittance. The English, Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation, Decision Making, and General Awareness sections of this exam each have about 100 questions. The question papers are divided into four sections.
There is a sectional time limit on the 180-minute XAT exam. The great part about this exam component time limit is that the General Awareness section only has 15 minutes while the Verbal Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation portions each get 165 minutes. As a result, 165 minutes can be used whichever the user pleases.As the Reading Comprehension chapters are always extensive and Decision Making requires complex logical reasoning, this makes it easy to traverse this exam.
The decision-making and general awareness portions of this exam are included. The remaining portions are similar to CAT. Candidates could take this exam by focusing on the extra sections if they are CAT candidates. Examine the exam syllabus and pattern, as well as the exam papers from the previous year. This will help candidates assess their level of preparation. Create as many practise exams as you can. Always keep an eye on your solutions and tweak them as necessary.