Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
The XLRI Jamshedpur administers the XAT, or The Xavier Aptitude Test, a national-level aptitude test. Over 160 B-schools nationwide, including XLRI Jamshedpur and other XAT colleges, will use the XAT results for admissions.
On behalf of XAMI, XLRI administers the test. To choose the best candidates for management education, XLRI has been administering the XAT test at the national level for more than 70 years. You may find vital information on the 2023 application deadlines, XAT exam date, the exam's syllabus and schedule, preparation tips, interviews with previous XAT top scorers, and much more. Additionally, you will discover significant connections to XLRI's Free Mock Exams and authentic Past Test Papers for the exam.
The test will be given on January 2, 2022. The XLRI administers the exam, a national-level exam, to choose from among all eligible applicants for management education in the nation.
The institute is skilled at organizing the exam and choosing the top applicants for management studies. Several additional institutions use the results in their selection process.
More than 150 management schools employ the results in their admissions procedures. The first step in applying to XLRI and XAT colleges is to take the three-hour test. In addition to XLRI, applicants enrolling in XAT Associate Institutes must submit additional applications based on their preferences. The exam is computer-based, and the questions include general knowledge, decision-making, verbal and logical reasoning (VA & LR), quantitative reasoning, and data interpretation (QA & DI) (GK). The greatest difference for this year is that the XAT 2022 will not have an essay writing part.
What is XAT?
The Xavier Labor Relations Institute (XLRI) in Jamshedpur administers the Xavier Aptitude Test, a national-level MBA entrance exam, on behalf of the Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). For the last 70 years, XLRI has been conducting the exam at the national level in India to choose the best candidates for its management programs. The results, which are approved for admission to MBA/PGDM programs provided by 11 XAMI member institutes, 83 associate institutes, and more than 600 additional B-schools, are regarded as among the toughest entrance tests.
The most crucial factor applicants should take into account when studying for this computer-based exam is the Xavier Aptitude Test exam analysis. The critical information, such as the weighting of the sections and significant themes that should be reviewed first, will be provided by the test analysis. This year, the organizers did away with the essay-writing portion. Compared to past years, the XAT 2022 exam is challenging. There are 26 questions in the verbal and logical abilities areas. There are 21 and 27 questions in the decision-making and quantitative ability & data interpretation portions, respectively.
Even more challenging than CAT, CMAT, and SNAP, according to some experts, is XAT, one of India's toughest admission tests. CAT preparation is ineffective for passing the exam. Students who want to apply for the exam in 2023 should concentrate on being ready for these sections in light of their strengths and shortcomings. Reviewing the performance analysis from the prior year would also be extremely beneficial.
The following information must be understood by applicants in addition to time management, speed, and accuracy:
- The on-screen calculator feature won't be available to students taking the test in 2023.
- There is no set amount of time for any section of the question paper, and candidates are free to answer the questions in any sequence.
- You may leave up to 8 questions unanswered, and for each additional question you choose not to tackle, you will receive a negative score of 0.10.
- Part 1 of the test lasts for 165 minutes, and Part 2 lasts for 25 minutes.
- Unlike other competitive management tests, the XAT now includes extra sections including general knowledge and decision-making.
To complete the application form 2023, log in using the credentials generated in the previous step. The following information must be included on the application form:
- Date of birth, category, nationality, parents' names, permanent/current address, and contact information are all examples of personal information.
- Academic information: grades for the 10th and 12th grades, scores for graduation and postgraduation, and information on professional degrees and courses.
- Work experience information: Full-time employment information through March 31, 2022.
- Candidates who are interested in applying to XLRI programs must indicate which program they would want to enroll in Business Management (BM), Human Resource Management (HRM), or the Fellow Management Program.
- Exam City Preference: Depending on their convenience, candidates can choose between two exam cities from the drop-down list.
While completing the application form, scanned photographs of the following documents must be uploaded:
JPG or JPEG format of a recent image. File sizes shouldn't exceed 80kb. 200 x 230 pixels are the suggested size.
Signature: Written in black ink on a white piece of paper. No file should be larger than 80 kb. The suggested size is 140 x 60.
For more details about the XAT exam date, it is crucial to check the official website.
The first step to taking the exam is to register for the exam. To sign up for the exam, applicants must complete the online application form and pay the necessary costs. Below is a quick description of the 2023 registration and application process:
- XAT 2023's website may be accessed at xatonline.in.
- Enter the necessary information by clicking on "New Registration."
- The candidate receives a special ID and a registration link via their confirmed email address.
- To confirm your registration, click the link.
- Visit the 2023 web page and choose "login."
- To open the application form, enter your email address and password.
- Complete all of the XAT 2023 application form's required fields.
- Before pressing the submit button, verify the information.
- The 2023 application fee is due.
In the application form, candidates may choose up to four cities. Depending on availability, the testing organization will provide a test location to a candidate in the city they have prioritized. The allocation will be done in the city of the second choice if a seat is not available at the test center in the first city. You can also check out the XAT exam date for more details on the same.
Cut off for XAT
The cutoff for 2023 will be made public by XLRI after the XAT 2023 test, according to XAT colleges. Candidates are only shortlisted for subsequent stages, such as group discussions and individual interviews if they meet the cutoff for the particular institute. The XAT cutoff for 2023 is anticipated to be released around the fourth or first week of January 2023. It is based on a variety of variables, including the exam's level of difficulty, the total number of applicants who took the test, the average score, and the normalized score. On www.xatonline.in, the cutoff may be viewed online. You may achieve an excellent percentile of 85 to 90+ with a raw score of 26 to 28 overall.
Syllabus for XAT
The Verbal & Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge areas covered in the syllabus are all essential. There is no curriculum for the special section on decision-making. Its preparation is based on questions from prior years. The next three sections cover crucial themes related to their respective fields. Reading comprehension, English grammar, and verbal ability are all included in verbal and logical ability. Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, set theory, and other topics are covered in the quantitative ability & data interpretation section. In the GK area, themes include literature, inventions, innovation, the world, economy, politics, culture, society, people, business, art & entertainment, sports, and more.
Candidates must study following the test format and sorts of questions from the papers from the previous years because the XAT has no set syllabus. The format of the XAT exam has changed in recent years, as have the questions themselves.
The test is intended to evaluate a candidate's aptitude for thinking, data processing, interpretation, and mathematics. The candidate is also graded on his or her ability to make decisions and general knowledge. The following are crucial syllabus items to keep in mind:
- Math, geometry, and algebra are the three primary areas of quantitative abilities.
- Critical thinking, inference-based questions, reading comprehension exercises, sentence corrections, etc. are all examples of verbal and logical abilities.
- The decision-making area includes moral conundrums, administrative problems, and other situational queries. Other admission exams often don't have any portion like this, making it exclusive to the exam.
- The GK portion has an emphasis on both static general knowledge and recent events in the disciplines of economics, politics, etc.
- The majority of essay topics are broad or abstract. These are also based on contemporary problems and happenings.
The following eligibility requirements must be met to be eligible to take the exam:
- Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited university in any field that is at least three years long.
- Additionally eligible to apply are those in their last year of a bachelor's degree program and those awaiting their results.
- The test has no minimum score requirement.