Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
All students, including those without a Mathematics A-level or equivalent, should find the MAT exam to be approachable. The MAT exam is designed to assess a student's proficiency in mathematics at the AS-level and some topics from the A-level. The required skills and knowledge for the test are outlined in the MAT syllabus, which can be found under the practice materials tab on the official MAT website.
On the official website, mat.aima.in, AIMA has also made the MAT 2022 Result for the September session public. MAT 2022 exam takers can log in with their roll number and registration number to download their scorecards.
What is a MAT exam?
AIMA administers the Management Aptitude Test (MAT exam), a national entrance exam, for admission to MBA/PGDM programs offered by more than 600 B-Schools in India. Every year, the MAT exam is given in four sessions: February, May, September, and December. Candidates may take the MAT exam in one, two, or more sessions, and in up to two different modes at once.
Business schools use the MAT exam (Management Aptitude Test) to evaluate candidates for admission to MBA and related programs. Recent growth in MAT examinees is evidence that the All India Management Association's MAT has increased in value and recognition. More than 600 MAT exam colleges in India accept MAT, one of the top MBA entrance exams in the country. Furthermore, the majority of MBA programs that accept MAT exam scores for admission offer a range of well-known, emerging, and distinctive specialties.
The MAT exam 2022 qualifying standards for educational and other prerequisites are established by AIMA (All India Management Association). Aspirants must meet the MAT exam eligibility requirements to sit for the exam.
- To be eligible to take the MAT exam, candidates must have graduated from a reputable MAT exam college in any field with a grade point average of at least 50% (45% for ST, SC, or PWD).
- Additionally, any final-year undergraduate student (e.g., BA, BSc, B.Com, B.Tech, etc.) is qualified to submit a provisional appearance.
The MAT exam 2022 application procedure is similar for exam modes such as PBT, CBT, and IBT. Students may fill out the application form online. By paying the exam fee of INR 1,850, candidates can submit their MAT exam application form for their preferred exam phase on the AIMA MAT exam website.
- You must enter your name, birthdate, email address, mobile number, and password.
- Complete the MAT exam 2022 application form along with the required details and documents.
- Further students should choose their preferred test format. This could be CBT, PBT, or IBT, test locations, and among five business schools.
- Students should also add another scanned signature copy and a current passport-size photo.
- Students may pay their fees through net banking, or a debit/credit card.
Exam day guidelines
Candidates for the MAT IBT mode should set up a laptop or desktop and check their internet connection at least an hour before the exam time.
- Candidates for the MAT IBT mode should dress formally and be prepared to submit their admit card and other supporting documentation for remote verification.
- MAT exam PBT and CBT are held on stipulated times.
- Candidates must reach the examination hall by 8:30 AM.
- If taking the exam in PBT mode, candidates should have a blue or black ballpoint pen with them.
Candidates should ensure not carrying any forbidden items with them in the exam hall. These items includes phones, calculators, electronic watches, and other similar items.
A digital or photocopy of the MAT exam admissions card won't be accepted as one.
How to answer MAT questions?
Here’s how to answer the MAT questions:
- One of the crucial things to consider is to strive for the highest marks.
- If taking the paper-based test, check the box next to the appropriate response on the answer sheet.
- If you are taking the CBT or IBT MAT, select the option for the correct answer.
- According to the MAT exam pattern, the exam can be finished in 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Students receive one mark for right answer
- For each wrong answers students get -0.25 negative mark.
MAT exam pattern
By the MAT Exam Pattern, there will be a total of 200 questions on the question paper, evenly distributed among the five categories of Indian and Global Environment, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, and Intelligence & Critical Reasoning. It is crucial to practice MAT previous year questions during MAT exam preparation to ensure a clear understanding of the level of difficulty and the types of questions asked during the exam.
Here’s what the MAT exam pattern entails:
- The test paper has a 2-hour time limit.
- The MAT exam question paper contains 200 MCQs of the objective type.
- The difficulty of the question is easy to moderate.
- There are 40 questions in each of the five sections of the test paper.
- Students get one marks for each right answer.
- Each incorrect response receives a negative marking of -0.25 marks.
Language comprehension, math aptitude, data analysis and sufficiency, intelligence and critical reasoning, and Indian and global environments are the exam's sections.
Only four exam sections are used to determine the merit score, and while the Indian and Global Environment section's score is separately displayed on the scorecard, it is not used to determine the merit score or percentile.