Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
₹ 60 Lakhs
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Are you a recent 12th pass-out planning to make a career in the food & beverage industry? Then a degree in culinary arts is your best bet.
Food & beverages, one of the most attractive and in-demand careers in 2022, is surely a lucrative option for many 12th pass-outs. This is because of its high paying jobs, fast promotions, and a plethora of fields to join. This blog discusses the demand for F&B professionals and how to make a career in the field.
Is F&B A Promising Career?
Absolutely, the food and beverage sector is one of the best career options in 2022. Actually, food is about a lot more than just consuming it. If you've ever delved deep into the nitty-gritty of the food industry, there's a good chance you'll wind up working in the Food and Beverage Industry. Here is why a career in F&B is the right choice for you.
1. High Demand
Whether it’s the hospitality and tourism industry, food outlets, or the event planning industry, the demand for professional F&B professionals is everywhere. Almost every field requires certified and expert chefs, food experts, bakers, F&B service supervisors, catering managers, etc.
While the restaurants and other eating outlets are the chief recruiters for experts in culinary, hotels, pet food brands, catering businesses also require F&B managers on a large scale. Just in Canada, the need for restaurant staff, including food and beverage, will grow to 14.3 million professionals in 2022.
2. Satisfying Career Options
After completing a degree in culinary arts, there is a pool of opportunities lying ahead and the jobs in the F&B industry are quite satisfying. The F&B industry lets you unleash your creative side and bring fresh menu and dish ideas to the table. As an F&B manager, your job includes:
- Operations management
- Budget management
- People management
- Menu designing
- Communication with manufacturers
3. High Paying Jobs
The jobs in the F&B industry understand the worth of an experienced and certified professional. This is why executive chefs and F&B managers are paid really high in India and abroad. According to Payscale estimates, the average salary for an F&B manager in India is around INR 5 lakhs.
So if you are confused about whether food and beverage management is a good career or not, the answer is yes.
What Are The Career Opportunities In The Food & Beverage Industry?
After completing a degree in culinary arts, 2 questions pop up.
1. Which fields hire professionals in the F&B field?
- Food manufacturing companies
- Cruise Ships
- Event planning companies
- Cafes & bakeries
- Food transportation
- Food processing
- Food maintenance
2. What are the Food & Beverages position titles?
- Wine Server
- Food technologist
- Research scientist
- Nightclub or Casino Manager
- Chef (Assistant chef, executive chef, head chef)
- Line Cook
- Maintenance Manager
- Kitchen Helper
- Research Associate
- Food Journalist
- Food and Beverage Service Supervisor
- Food and Beverage Server
- Food stylist
- Food photographer
- Catering Manager
- Beverage Services Manager
Apart from these job options, there are numerous other food and beverages positions in a hotel from time to time that one should look out for.
How Do I Start A Career In The Food Industry?
Here is a complete step-by-step guide on starting a career in the Food & Beverage industry.
1. Get A Degree in Culinary Arts or Relevant Field
After completing your 12th, it is important to get the necessary education and degree in culinary arts. At present, there are numerous course options in the field, such as
- Diploma in culinary arts (6 months-1 year duration)
- Diploma in hotel management (6 months-1 year duration)
- Diploma in food production (6 months-1 year duration)
- Diploma in food and beverage service (6 months-1 year duration)
- Diploma in Professional Patisserie & Confectionery (6 months-1 year duration)
- Certificate course in culinary arts (6 months-1 year duration)
- Certificate in food & beverage service (6 months-1 year duration)
- Certificate in Cruise ship management (6 months-1 year duration)
- Certificate in bar management (6 months-1 year duration)
- Culinary & Restaurant Management Certificate (6 months-1 year duration)
- Certificate course in Food Production and Patisserie (6 months-1 year duration)
- Certificate course in hotel management (6 months-1 year duration)
- Bachelor's degree in culinary arts (3 years duration)
- Bachelor's degree in international hospitality & tourism management (3 years duration)
- Master's degree in culinary arts (2 years duration)
- Master's degree in hotel & tourism management (2 years duration)
2. Do Internships
Internships are the best options to get the experience of actually working in the F&B industry and learning what the on-field scenario is like. It is best to enroll in a course that mandates internships, as the support from your professors will also boost your confidence.
Try doing at least 1-to 2 internships while pursuing your degree in culinary arts to build up your CV, acquire the required skills, and understand the basics of working in the food & beverage service industry.
3. Get A Job or Start Your Own Business
After completing a degree in culinary arts, you have unlimited career options. You can find a job suitable to your interests to start your own venture, such as a bakery, restaurant, café, catering business, etc.
Want To Pursue Your Passion For Food? Make It S Career With ITM
Have you always wondered about what it is like working with big names like Taj, Oberois, ITC, Radisson, Starbucks, etc.?
With ITM, you can make your dream of working as an F&B manager or hotel manager or the chief chef at these giant industry leaders come true. ITM provides quality education, world-class labs, highly educated faculty, expert mentorship, and 100% placement support to our students. Our degree in culinary arts and hotel management is designed to instill a perfect blend of theoretical knowledge and practical experience in our students.
ITM regularly organizes seminars, workshops, international student exchange programs, and career counseling sessions so that you have what it takes to make a successful career in the F&B industry.
Want to know more about our courses? Visit our website here.