Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
The best thing to uplift anyone's mood is to present them with some cakes and pastries! Eating something you like makes you feel extremely happy and high on energy!
If you are someone who loves to make cakes and pastries, what better than a bakery and confectionery course! The course will allow you to learn the tricks and techniques you need to be a perfect baker.
You need an immense amount of patience and hard work to sail through these courses. In return, you will be able to bake the best cakes for your loved ones and also start a business of your own!
Now isn’t this interesting, read along to know more about bakery and confectionery courses.
Why go for bakery and confectionery courses?
The world is a fan of sweets and they are the best when we need to apologize or congratulate someone! Any celebration is incomplete without cakes and pastries. Thi gives un enough reason to pursue a career in baking.
Even in India, the growing economy and scope for employment makes it perfect to be a baker in today’s times.
Students who are interested in baking can enroll in professional bakery and confectionery courses to obtain formal culinary certification.
Students learn a variety of baking, freezing, decorating, and styling techniques, among other things. If you enjoy making unusual desserts and want to work as a pastry chef, bakery & confectionery courses are for you!
Bakery and confectionery courses eligibility criteria
The admission requirements for baking and confectionery courses vary by institute. The minimum qualifying requirements that institutions consider when admitting students to the diploma in bakery and confectionery program are listed below-
- Individuals must have completed 10+2 in any stream from a recognized board (Science, Commerce, Arts, or Humanities).
- They must achieve a minimum of 50% in 10+2
- Students must take various entrance exams to gain admission to universities in India that offer a Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery.
- NCHM JEE, administered by NTA, is one of the most popular entrance exams.
What can we learn in the bakery and confectionery courses?
The course syllabus and subjects will help you to confirm if this is the course you need and also the severity of the subjects and practical exams.
Theories you will learn-
- Hygiene & Sanitation
- Food Costing
Practicals you will need to perform-
- Computer Awareness
- Food Library
Bakery and Confectionery average course fees
The cost of a baking and confectionery diploma varies depending on the institute.
Several institutions may charge a high fee for the course, while others may charge as little as 25000 INR.
The cost structure is determined by the college's management authority, which takes a variety of factors into account.
A diploma in baking and confectionery ranges between 25,000 and 100,000 INR.
Top Bakery and Confectionery colleges and institutes in India
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering, and Nutrition
- Institute of Hotel Management
- Jodhpur Institute of Hotel Management
- State Institute of Hotel Management
- Maharishi Markandeshwar
- RIMT University
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges
- Apex University
- TEDCO School of Culinary Arts
- CakeUncle- The Complete Bakery Institute
- Lavonne Academy of Baking Arts and Pastry Arts
- Whisk and Bake Institute
- Culinary and Baking Arts Studio
- International Institute of Culinary Arts
Skills you need to acquire for Bakery and Confectionery courses
While a course in the field will teach you how to weigh ingredients, mix them, and pour them into molds, there are certain additional skills that a professional in Confectionery must possess.
- Correct knowledge of ingredients
- Sensibility to not waste anything
- Quick learner
- Proper knowledge of pricing
- Basic knowledge of maths
- Justification of the procedures needed.
- Need to understand demographics (specifically when you own your bakery)
- Need to be a good communicator, so can describe the product well and can convince customers into buying new things.
- Patience and stamina are two important traits.
- Cake Decorator
- Pastry Chef
- Head Baker
Scope of work after Baker and confectioner course
- Executive Chef
- Chef Manager
- Food Entrepreneur
- Sous Chef
- Banquet Chef
- Specialty Bakers
- Pastry Chef
- Food Production Manager
- Pastry Professionals
- Food Blogger
- Food Photographer
- Food Critic
- Restaurant Manager
What is the purpose of a BHM degree?
The course is intended to familiarise students with the requirements of the hospitality industry. It assists them in comprehending the fundamentals and skills required in this field.
Career opportunities after BHM
- Front Office Manager
- Food and Beverages Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Flight Attendant/Steward
- Housekeeping Manager
Employment areas after a BHM degree
- Restaurants Hotels
- Insurance Agencies
- Guest Houses
- Colleges Universities
Hotel Management after graduation
Students interested in a career in the hotel industry (hotels, resorts, and tourism) enroll in hotel management courses after graduation.
NCHMCT JEE, AIMA UGAT, and AIHMCT WAT are the top admission exams. You need to clear any of these to enter a good college.
Candidates for hotel/hospitality management must have excellent communication skills as well as a charismatic personality.
As a result of globalization, the hotel industry is rapidly expanding. Every year, a large number of people work in the hospitality industry, adding to the economy.
Hence, Hotel Management is a lucrative career path to take.
Degrees after graduation
- Master of Hotel Management (MHM)
- Master in Tourism and Hotel Management (MTHM)
- MBA in Hotel Management
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- MSc Tourism and Hospitality Management
- MBA Hospitality
Hotel Management Certificate Certificate courses-
These certificate courses are very important because they help people advance in their careers. Because there are so many professionals in the Hotel industry, these certificate courses are excellent for gaining recognition.
Why pursue a hotel management certificate course?
- This certificate course adds a certain level of excellence to a professional's resume.
- With a broader perspective, certificate holders have a greater opportunity to become more competitive in the industry and receive more job offers.
- This certificate course also enables them to advance quickly and transfer to the department of their choice.
Offline and online certificate courses-
Online certification options offer courses at a reasonable rate-
- Udemy Hotel Management Certificate Course
- Coursera Hotel Management Certificate Course
Offline certificate courses are as follows-
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore
- Metropolitan Group of the institute, Pune
- IHM, Mumbai
- SP More College, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Hospitality and Management, Mumbai
- Mumbai College of Hotel Management, Mumbai
The above-mentioned courses will help the candidates to secure better job prospects and gain the knowledge necessary for them.
Hope this blog was useful for everyone looking for bakery and confectionery courses as well as hotel management courses and certificates!