Most of the institutes offer Business Analytics (BA) as a specialization in MBA programs. However, ITM conducts Business Analytics course with placement assistance. This course equips the students with the requisite skills and knowledge to grow in the field.
Best Career Courses BA
- MBA in BA is the most popular choice for students planning to pursue a career in analytics. It is a 2-year full-time course that focusses on advanced concepts of data analysis and business intelligence. This course is offered by Universities affiliated to the UGC, and institutes affiliated to these universities.
- PGDM in BA is the best career-oriented option for students. Most of the autonomous institutions such as ITM, offer a PG Diploma in Business Analytics. The curriculum of the program is designed to suit the demands of the industry. Students can gain extensive knowledge about the core subjects of management along with the latest techniques of data analysis, visualization and presentation.
- Apart from these 2 courses, there are some online and offline certificate courses to learn BA. Most of these courses range for a period of 6 months to one year.
Eligibility to Enrol for a Course in Business Analytics with Placement Assistance
BA specialization is available at the Masters level, hence a Bachelors certification in Statistics, Commerce, Maths or Engineering with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA is the minimum qualification to register for the course.
Tips to Choose the Right B School
- Check the accreditations of the institute. Choose an institute that is recognized by AICTE to ensure that your PGDM certificate is recognized by Indian and foreign employers and universities.
- Always choose an institute that offers a business analytics course with placement assistance. Check the profile of companies that visit the institute for campus placement and know about the minimum starting salary packages offered by them. According to Payscale.com, the average starting salary in business analytics is Rs.8 lakh per annum.
- The curriculum of the course should be on par with the industry requirements. You can find details about the course curriculum on the website of the college.
BA is a promising field that provides a host of career opportunities. Choose a reputed college or institute to pursue a PGDM in BA to ensure you get the right exposure.