Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
PGDM in India is one of the most popular courses, ensuring students a successful career. For millions of students, it is more than just a diploma. It is a dream that will come true if the issue of the high costs of PGDM programs is resolved. Given the high cost of the degree, government colleges and other organizations in India provide financial assistance to deserving students through MBA scholarships in India.
Are you seeking a postgraduate scholarship for PGDM students in India?
If you answered yes, you've probably wondered how can you get scholarships?
When should you use it? This blog will provide answers to all of your questions.
It will explain in detail the PGDM scholarship in India.
Importance of students’ scholarships
Students get scholarships in recognition of their academic achievements and educational programs. Receiving a scholarship is a significant accomplishment, whether you are just starting out in your career or are in high school learning new skills. Scholarships are especially appealing to young hopefuls who are just starting out in their careers as employees in terms of financial rewards.
Receiving a scholarship may allow you to attend a variety of educational institutions as well as change jobs. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for serious seekers.
Also, if students leave no stone unturned in their preparation for the PGDM admission tests, a lack of financial resources should not be an impediment to their success. Scholars can lighten their load by taking advantage of the MBA scholarship programs described in this blog and continue to work hard for their success.
Postgraduate scholarship for PGDM students in India
There are several government scholarships available for MBA students, including full-time management scholarships. Check out the following three well-known MBA scholarships available in India, along with their eligibility and application procedures:
Post Graduate Merit Scholarship For University Rank Holder
The scholarship program comes first on the list of Government Scholarships for MBA Students. The University Grant Commission (UGC) of the Government of India is awarding Post Graduate Merit Scholarships to university-rank holders. This program focuses on top and second-place finishers across the country in various graduation courses. The award is intended to encourage bright students to pursue postgraduate studies.
Who is eligible:
- You must be under 30 years old.
- Must be enrolled in a post-graduate program at a university (central/state) or one of the 25 autonomous institutions/deemed universities/non-UGC affiliated colleges.
- You should have finished the previous graduating exam in first or second place.
- A bachelor's degree in life sciences, physical sciences, chemical sciences, earth sciences, mathematical sciences, social sciences, commerce, or language is required.
- A minimum grade point average of 60% is required.
The scholarship is worth INR 3100 per month for a two-year period.
How to apply:
- Visit the NSP website.
- Before registering, read the guidelines carefully.
- Then select your scholarship.
- Fill out the form with your basic details.
- Send in your scholarship form and keep a copy for your records.
ONGC Foundation Scholarship Scheme for OBCs
The ONGC Foundation Scholarship Scheme is the next best government scholarship for PGDM students. As part of its CSR strategy, the Oil and Natural Gas Company provides a variety of scholarships to OBC and other minority populations. Those who are currently enrolled in the first year of a full-time Engineering/MBBS/MBA/Master in Geology/ Geophysics degree program at a recognized institution are eligible to apply for the Foundation Scheme for OBCs.
Who is eligible:
- Age should not exceed 30 years.
- Indian nationality is required.
- 1st year engineering graduate/1st year MBA master's degree
- Family income should not exceed $200,000 per year.
- 60% or higher in 12th
The selected scholars will receive a lump sum payment of INR 4,000 per month, totaling INR 48,000 per year.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must fill out an online application form on the website https://www.ongcscholar.org/.
- To apply for a scholarship, visit the official website and click on the ‘Apply scholarship’ link on the home page.
- Select the ‘ONGC Scholarship for OBC Category’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the blanks with the necessary information.
- Submit the form after double-checking it.
Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST
The scheme was designed with candidates from the poorest parts of society in mind, with the aim of giving them the opportunity to pursue postgraduate studies in professional subjects such as engineering, technology, management, and pharmacy at Indian universities, institutes, and colleges.
Who is eligible:
- Candidates who have completed their undergraduate studies and have been accepted into the first year of a professional postgraduate program are eligible for this PGDM scholarship.
- The applicant must be pursuing a master's degree on a full-time basis.
- The upper age limit for male applicants should not exceed 45 years, while the upper age limit for female candidates should not exceed 50 years.
Candidates accepted for PG scholarships will receive a monthly scholarship of INR.5000/- (M.Tech) with a contingency grant of INR.15000/- per year, and a monthly scholarship of INR.3000/- with a contingency grant of INR.10,000/- per year for the duration of the PG Scholarship.
How to apply:
- There are only online application forms available for completion.
- By visiting the national scholarship portal, students can apply for national scholarships.
- Go to this link to apply online.
- Students must click on ‘New User/ Register’ after clicking on this link.
- To register, go through all of the instructions and then click the proceed button.
- Fill out the registration form with all of the necessary information.
OPJEMS (O. P. Jindal Engineering & Management Scholarships)
The O.P. Jindal Engineering and Management Scholarships are ranked fifth among government scholarships for MBA students. The Group established these scholarship programs (OPJEMS) in 2007.
These scholarships promote academic and leadership success and are awarded to deserving students who share Shri O. P. Jindal's vision and principles, as well as the potential to lead in entrepreneurial achievement and innovation.
Who is eligible:
- First ten best performers from each management year. For first-year students: the college considers entrance exam ranking when admitting students.
- For students in their second, third, and fourth years, based on their academic achievements the previous year.
INR 150,000 per Management Student
How to Apply:
- Visit www.opjems.com(the official website)
- Select the OPJEMS Link.
- Read all of the instructions carefully before beginning to fill out your application.
- Before submitting the form, double-check the additional information.
Students in India mostly opt for PGDM courses due to their high placement rates and demand. These courses might come with high tuition fees and they might be unaffordable to many. Postgraduate scholarships can help talented students pay for their courses and allow them to make a successful career in the field of their choice. To benefit from PGDM scholarships students must check the eligibility criteria and fill out the form carefully.