B-Schools often provide scholarships to meritorious students in MBA or PGDM programs. It is important for you to know that the corporate world likes a management graduate who has won scholarships during his studies. Being a professional course, PGDM does add a lot of value to both your CV and your professional life.
Why should you choose a PGDM course over a traditional MBA?
The answer is quite simple. With ever-changing markets, new specializations emerge and so does the need for you to imbibe the new skillset. PGDM brings forward unique specializations that make students industry-ready. Since the course is dynamic, depending on the market conditions, it becomes a tad expensive to students. Although, many B-Schools these days offer scholarships that make it easy for students to complete a PGDM degree.
Does It Boost Your Interpersonal Growth?
Your interpersonal skills play a vital role when you enter the business world. In business, time and again, you have to deal with other people. A PGDM course equips you with all the soft skills needed for being an efficient working professional in the corporate world. When the course provides you with so many perks in one package, the cost is obviously high. Availing the scholarships is a good option to pursue your PGDM course successfully and with fewer worries.
Is PGDM Equivalent to MBA?
Yes, it is. PGDM is a professional postgraduate course, recognized by AICTE. During recruitment, it is considered to be equivalent to an MBA. It offers a dynamic course curriculum that suits industry needs, unlike MBA’s rigid and theoretical curriculum. Hence, it is a good decision to apply for a PGDM instead of a traditional MBA, however costly it is. Because it has its own perks and you can apply for different scholarships available to pursue the course.
As mentioned, you can apply for scholarships and pay for your MBA or PGDM. How? And what makes you eligible for the scholarship?
Let us understand how you can avail these scholarships and achieve your dreams.
Eligibility for Application:
- You should be a citizen of India
- You should have a minimum 50% in your bachelor’s exams and one of the following entrance exams CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, NMAT by GMAC, and GMAT.
There are usually two types of MBA or PGDM scholarships: internal scholarships and external scholarships. Internal scholarships are offered by business schools themselves, and external scholarships are offered by other organizations. MBA scholarships are awarded based on a variety of factors. One of these factors is a scholarship test as explained above.
ITM Business School Scholarships
ITM Business School offers MBA and PGDM scholarships to its students. This scholarship program is known as the iFirst scholarship program. iFirst scholarship allows students to fund their postgraduate education and chase their dreams.
Process for Scholarship:
- Apply for the PGDM course
- Take the scholarship test
- Go through admission process and secure your admission
- One week later, the list of meritorious students eligible for scholarship will be announced.
What do you stand to gain from the scholarship, if you win it?
- If you stand 1 st in the merit list, then you claim 100% tuition fees scholarship
- If you stand 2 nd in the merit list, then you claim 50% tuition fees scholarship
- If you stand 3 rd in the merit list, then you claim 25% tuition fees waiver as your scholarship
- If you stand 4 th in the merit list, then you claim 10% tuition fees waiver as your scholarship