Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Qualifying for the MAT, a national-level aptitude test, will allow you to apply to prestigious business schools in India and abroad to pursue MBA and related programs. Because over 600 business schools recognize MAT scores, it's essentially a passport to your dream educational adventure. The MAT exam analysis gives a thorough examination of the question paper, including section-by-section difficulty levels, topic-by-topic distribution of questions, and assessed good attempts. For all modalities, the exam is easy to moderately difficult. In the MAT exam, there is no possibility for rechecking or revaluation. The exam's official answer keys have likewise not been released. Candidates can take the MAT again if they want to improve their marks. Read this blog to learn about the most recent modifications, as well as vital preparation suggestions for the MAT 2022 exam, its syllabus, and more!
What is the Management Aptitude Test (MAT)?
MAT is a national-level entrance exam for MBA/PGDM admissions (AIMA). The MAT is accessible in three formats: offline (Paper Based Test or PBT), online (Computer Based Test or CBT), and remote proctored (Internet Based Test or IBT). Candidates have the option of taking the exam in whichever mode they want. The prices, exam schedule, and material are all the same for all three options, but the exam dates are different.
MAT Exam Pattern
The All India Management Association prescribes the MAT test pattern (AIMA). The MAT exam consists of 200 questions covering topics such as Indian and Global Environment, Language Comprehension, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills and Intelligence, and Critical Reasoning. In the Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) format, each of the five parts has 40 questions. The MAT questions have a moderate difficulty level. The MAT exam lasts for two hours and thirty minutes.
The MAT exam is available in three formats: paper-based testing (PBT), computer-based testing (CBT), and internet-based testing (IBT). The MAT exam pattern is the same for all three test types.
Marking Scheme for MAT 2022
- The MAT question paper is divided into four sections, each of which is worth 40 points.
- Each correct answer receives one mark.
- 0.25 points are removed for each incorrect attempt.
- Unanswered questions do not affect your grade.
- The scores from the Indian and Global Environment sections are not taken into account while determining percentiles.
Exam Mode for the MAT Exam
The exam is available in both online and offline formats to make it more accessible. Applicants can choose between the two choices based on their preferences. The MAT exam is available in the following formats:
Paper-Based Test, Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT), or Double Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT) (PBT)
Option 1 and 2 represent an internal bifurcation in the online mode, whereas option 3 represents an internal bifurcation in the offline mode.
MAT Exam Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for MAT are less stringent than those for other management and MBA admission tests such as the GMAT, GRE, CAT exam, and others. The Management Aptitude Test is open to graduates of any field from reputable institutions, according to its official website. Candidates are not required to be of a certain age. Applicants can also apply as many times as they like because there are no limits on the number of times they can apply.
Registration for the MAT Exam 2022
The registration process for the MAT tests in February (IBT, CBT, and PBT) is currently open. For one IBT, PBT, or CBT exam, the registration price is Rs.1650, whereas, for two IBT exams, the charge is Rs.2750. Online registration is the only option. Only online registration is possible, and it consists of five fundamental steps:
Step 1: Make a login.
Step 2: Complete the Online Registration Form.
Step 3: Upload photos to the registration form.
Step 4: Make a registration fee payment
Step 5: Review the summary of your registration.
Syllabus for the MAT Exam
The MAT exam syllabus is constructed in such a way that it assesses candidates' ability to pursue management courses. As a result, the Management Aptitude Test assesses candidates in a variety of areas, with a focus on practical knowledge and real-life scenarios. The following is a summary of the MAT syllabus and its several sections:
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency: A variety of issues related to data sufficiency, such as Venn diagrams, graphical representations, and so on.
- Mathematical Skills: Intermediate and advanced topics such as arithmetic progression, geometry, trigonometry, and so on.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Analogue-based inquiries, statements, arguments, and so on are included.
- Language Comprehension: This section assesses the candidates' command of the English language through reading comprehension, English grammar, and other methods.
- Questions on national and worldwide public awareness in India and the world
Admit Card for MAT Exam 2022
On its official website, AIMA has released the MAT 2022 Admit Card for IBT, PBT, and CBT Mode. Following the processes mentioned below, you can download the admittance card from the official website:
- The official website of the AIMA can be found here.
- From the drop-down option, choose 'MAT 2022 Admit Card.'
- Please enter your username and password (registration number and form number).
- There will be a link to download the MAT 2022 Admit Card.
- Print the Admit Card after downloading it.
- Candidates should double-check their admit cards to ensure that all of the information is correct. If a candidate detects any incorrect information on the admittance card, he or she should contact the testing authorities. The admit card will provide the candidate's name, roll number, test date, time, and location, as well as the form number.
Exam Preparation Tips for the MAT
Candidates should spend at least six months studying for the MAT exam. For successful preparation, they should concentrate on honing their problem-solving skills by studying prior MAT question papers and taking online practice exams, among other resources. The MAT study strategy should be well-planned and aligned with the MAT exam structure and syllabus. Here are some pointers to help you prepare for the MAT exam:
- To improve reading abilities, and comprehension skills, and keep up with current events on a national and worldwide level, read the best books for MAT exam preparation, journals, newspapers, and online blogs daily.
- Practice MAT question papers, sample papers, and online mock tests to improve speed and accuracy as well as familiarity with the test structure.
- Regularly assess your level of preparation to identify your strengths and weaknesses in each section of the MAT course.
- Focus on concepts that have a higher weight in each area to do well on the MAT.
- To attempt as many questions on the MAT as possible, time management is vital; consequently, don't waste time on complex or tough problems.
Exam Centres for PBT and CBT Mode MAT Exams
- More than 50 locations throughout India will host MAT 2022 exam centres. Candidates taking the MAT in both PBT and CBT formats must go to the exam centre that was allotted to them.
- The name of the MAT exam centre to which you've been allocated can be found on your admit card. Candidates must read the exam centre information carefully when viewing their MAT Admit Card.
- In the MAT PBT format, 34 test cities will be available for selection during MAT 2022 registration.
- For the MAT CBT format, candidates can choose from 29 exam cities.
MAT 2022 Results
On the official website, candidates can check their MAT IBT/ PBT/ CBT results and download their MAT scorecard. Check out the steps below to find out how to get your MAT 2022 results.
- Go to the AIMA's official website and select the 'Download/View' button.
- After selecting 'MAT Result for May Session,' select the specific test session from the drop-down box.
- Please enter your login credentials (registration number and form number).
- Go to the submit tab to see the MAT 2022 scorecard.
- The scorecard can be downloaded and printed.
Important Guidelines for the MAT Exam
The following are some of the most important exam day instructions that must be followed by all applicants:
- Candidates must bring their admission cards to the exam centre to take the MAT 2022 exam. It contains important information such as the applicant's roll number, personal information, and the exam centre to which they have been assigned, among other things.
- Candidates are not permitted to bring calculators, doc pens, log tables, electronic or wearable devices, books, revision notes, or other similar equipment that could be used to engage in unethical behaviour.
- Candidates are not able to enter the MAT 2022 exam centre after the examination has begun unless they have a roll number and a seat assignment. A seat with a roll number will be issued to each contender. The candidate should sit in the designated seat. A candidate's candidacy will be cancelled if he or she fails to appear in his or her assigned seat.
- Using the test booklet incorrectly: Any page(s) removed from the Test Booklet (in the case of a Paper-Based Test Examination) would result in serious disciplinary action being taken against the candidate. The candidate is either permanently or temporarily barred from taking the exam, depending on the gravity of the offence.
Candidates must begin preparing for MBA admission into mat exam colleges after the announcement of the MAT 2022 result. The advantage of taking the MAT is that AIMA submits students' scores to their desired institute for admission consideration. As a result, MAT qualifiers are not under any pressure to choose a college. They should begin preparing for the Personal Interview and Group Discussion.