Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
The State Common Entrance Test Cell of the Maharashtra government is in charge of the MH CET examination. It's a state-level assessment. This exam is held to provide admission to undergraduate courses such as engineering and technology, pharmacy and Pharm.D, and agriculture. In Maharashtra, more than 400 institutes accept MHT CET scores for admission to various Engineering and Pharmacy programs. The MHT CET test is open to candidates from Maharashtra as well as other Indian states. The cost structure varies from year to year. Candidates can acquire admission to a variety of Maharashtra-based institutions/colleges by taking this exam. In this article, we will go over all you need to know about MHT CET.
Eligibility Criteria for MHT CET
- Candidate Nationality - Candidates must be of Indian nationality.
- Age Limit - The authorities have not set an age limit for the candidates.
- Candidates must have passed the 12th grade or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as obligatory courses from a recognized board/university. Candidates who are taking their qualifying test, i.e. their 12th grade, are also qualified to take the exam.
- Minimum Marks Required - General category students must have received a minimum of 50% aggregate in their 12th-grade examination, while SC/ ST/ OBC candidates must have received a minimum of 45 percent.
Admit Card for MHT CET
- The MHT CET Admit Card will be released by the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell a few days before the exam.
- On the official website, admit cards will be accessible for download.
- Once the hall ticket is published, a direct link to download it will be provided here.
- The admission card will contain information regarding the Maharashtra CET exam date and time, the exam center address, the paper for which the candidate is sitting, and the candidates' basic information such as name, photo, and signature.
- Candidates must read all of the information on the admission card before downloading it using the instructions below.
How Do I Get a Copy of the MHT CET to Admit Card?
- Visit MHT CET's official webpage at cetcell.mahacet.org.
- From the drop-down option, choose "MHT CET Admit Card" and click it.
- Please enter your user id and password.
- When you press the submit button, the admission card will appear on the screen.
- Multiple copies of the MHT CET Admit Card should be printed.
- The exam center address, as well as the day and time of the examination, will be printed on the MHT CET Admit Card. Candidates must double-check the information on their admit cards and report any irregularities.
The MHT CET Application: How to Fill It Out
The application form is only available online. Candidates who want to apply must fill out the application form before the deadlines. The following is a step-by-step guide to filling out the Maharashtra CET application form.
- Step 1 -go to the official website.
- Step 2-Select "MHT CET Registration" from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3- To complete the registration procedure, fill in the essential information and click the submit button.
- Step 4- Candidates will be routed to the application form after completing the registration process. Complete the application process by filling out all of the required fields.
- Step 5: Scan your photo, signature, and ID proof, as well as any additional papers required for the MHT CET form.
- Step 6- pay the application fees
The application form will be submitted immediately after the application fees have been paid. Candidates must print out their completed application form after downloading it. Candidates are urged to keep their forms safe until the admissions process is completed.
Application Fees for MHT CET
- In the General Category, candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), and J&K Migrant candidates:
- INR 800 /- in fees
- Candidates from the Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and Persons with Disabilities from Maharashtra only:
- INR 600 /- as a fee
- There is an additional fee of INR 500 for late registration.
Exam Pattern for MHT CET
- The MHT CET Exam Pattern has been published on the Maharashtra State CET Cell's official website. According to the official announcement, Mah CET Exam Pattern has not changed. The syllabus for Class XI and Class XII will be included in the question paper. Class 12th curriculum will receive 80% of the weighting, while Class 11th syllabus will receive 20% of the weighting.
- For B.Tech/ B.E/B.Pharma/Pharma D courses, MHT CET is performed according to the topic group chosen by the students: PCM or PCB.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are needed by students seeking admission to engineering and technology degree programs.
- In Maharashtra, students wishing to enroll in Pharmacy/Pharmacy D programs must take Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology.
MHT CET Exam Pattern for PCM
- Subjects: Physicists, chemists, and mathematicians
- English, Urdu, and Marathi are the examination mediums; however, mathematics can only be tried in English.
- Number of Questions: There will be 15 questions in total. Physicists, chemists, and mathematicians each received 50 points.
- Physics and Chemistry will receive one mark for each correct answer, whereas Mathematics will receive two marks for each question.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Physics and Chemistry will be taught for the first 90 minutes of the class.
- Mathematics takes 90 minutes after Physics and Chemistry are completed.
MHT CET Exam Pattern for PCB
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology
- English, Urdu, and Marathi are the examination languages.
- There will be a total of 200 questions, 50 of which will be from each segment.
- The marking scheme is as follows: 1 mark will be given for each right answer.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The time limit for PCB Group: The exam will take 3 hours to complete. The first 90 minutes will be dedicated to Physics and Chemistry, while the second 90 minutes will be dedicated to Biology.
Syllabus for MHT CET
The MHT CET Syllabus contains a list of topics that will be used to construct the MHT CET question paper. Maharashtra Cet Syllabus is based on the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education's curriculum for classes 11 and 12.
- According to the disciplines chosen at registration, the MHT CET Syllabus includes chapters and themes from Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- When creating the question paper for the MHT CET, the standard XI curriculum will be given 20% weightage and the standard XII curriculum will be given 80% weightage.
- The exam will be conducted in two academic streams: PCM and PCB. Candidates can select a stream based on the courses they studied in the eleventh and twelfth grades.
Important MHT CET Instructions
- For Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, the difficulty level of MHT CET will be comparable to JEE Main, whereas, for Biology, it will be comparable to NEET.
- Candidates should choose their examination media while filling out the MHT CET Application Form because it cannot be amended later.
- Candidates will only be permitted to continue on to the Biology/Mathematics part after completing the first 90 minutes of Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidates can choose between the PCM and PCB groups. However, the percentages earned in individual disciplines such as physics and chemistry will not be convertible in this situation.
Tips for MHT CET Preparation
- Revise the Crucial Themes- Due to an overflow of material, many applicants are unable to remember important topics. Students should make a list of crucial subjects and review them during regular intervals to avoid this. Depending on the assessment of your strengths and weaknesses, these gaps could last anywhere from 15 to 20 days.
- Solve MHT CET Previous Year's Papers- At this point, students should solve MHT CET Previous Year's Papers to gain a better grasp of the relevant themes, the types of problems that can be expected, and good time management.
- Attempt a Mock Test- A Mock Test gives you a sense of what the actual question paper will be like.
- Every other day, candidates should attempt to solve at least one sample exam paper. Candidates' confidence will be boosted, and it will be easier to assess where they stand.
- Take regular pauses- Students should take regular breaks between exam preparation sessions. If there are any crucial topics for which pupils have not yet prepared, they can do so now.
MHT CET Mock Exam
The MHT CET sample test will be available on the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell's official website to help students prepare for the Computer Based Test. Mock Tests will also assist you in studying for the MHT CET test. Candidates will be able to determine their degree of preparation, the exam's difficulty level, the types of questions answered in the exam, and much more by taking the mock exams. Official mock test papers will be prepared at the same level of difficulty as the actual exam and will cover the whole Maharashtra CET syllabus. Candidates are strongly urged to take practice examinations on a regular basis to improve their exam preparation.
Maharashtra CET is a key entrance test for admissions to Technology and Pharmacy programs in Maharashtra. MHCET is one of those tests that assess your diligence and correctness. For exam preparation, students must create a comprehensive study plan and follow a complete strategy.