Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
₹ 60 Lakhs
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is a two-year business management program that students can pursue after graduation. It is a popular management course that is available for full- or part-time. When it comes to career opportunities, both MBA and PGDM courses have equal value in India and abroad.
The PGDM admissions process and fees differ between colleges. For admission, some colleges have entrance exams such as the CAT, GMAT, CMAT, ATMA, XAT, MAT, and NMAT, while others use a 10+2 merit-based system.
The PGDM addresses industry needs and assists management aspirants in developing relevant skills to become industry-ready professionals. Unlike the MBA, which is more theoretical, the PGDM course adds value beyond the regular MBA curriculum and is industry oriented. PGDM programs are more focused on grooming programs, mentorship, and industry exposure. In addition, placement services are more strict for PGDM programs. As a result, pursuing a PGDM course from a recognized institute is usually a great option. The PGDM course fee ranges between INR 1,000,000 and INR 2,000,000.
PGDM course details
- PGDM full-form- Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- PGDM course level- Postgraduate
- PGDM course duration- 2 years
- PGDM examination type- Semester/ Trimester System
- PGDM course eligibility- Bachelor’s degree in any stream
- PGDM course admission process- Direct admission or based on the entrance examination
- PGDM Entrance Examination- CAT Exam, MAT Exam, GMAT Exam, CMAT Exam, XAT Exam, NMAT Exam, ATMA Exam
- PGDM Course Average Fee- Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 20,00,000
- PGDM Average Annual Salary- INR 4-10 LPA
PGDM Job Positions-
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
- Finance Manager
- Account Manager
- Advertising Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- GDM Top Recruiters-
McKinsey & Company, The Boston Consulting Group, Bain & Company, Deloitte Consulting, Booz Allen Hamilton, PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services LLC, EY LLP Consulting Practice, Accenture, etc.
When should you take a PGDM course?
When individuals have the following goals, they must pursue the two-year PGDM program:
- If they want to pursue a management career that allows for continuous learning and professional development.
- They want to study international business because it will provide them with all of the information, knowledge, and skills they need to run an efficient export-import business.
- They want a more hands-on approach to learning that includes hands-on corporate experience to help them polish their communication skills, as well as numerous engaging workshops and activities to help them improve their interpersonal skills while surrounded by their peers.
Who should pursue a PGDM degree?
The following students can pursue a PGDM program:
Students who want to develop leadership skills, improve decision-making skills, and critical reasoning skills. Students who form their personalities through classroom lectures, role plays, guest lectures, business trips, and personality development programs must enroll in a PGDM course.
Students who want to study interdisciplinary courses must enroll in a PGDM program. This course was created by combining various disciplines such as economics, management, and accounting. Nowadays, students require a wide range of experience, the PGDM course prepares students to compete in the global marketplace.
Students who want to work on real-life business problems under the mentorship of experienced industry professionals, understand business processes and apply and implement management concepts and models should enroll in a PGDM course.
Why pursue a PGDM program?
Pursuing a PGDM degree is extremely beneficial for the following reasons:
The PGDM program features an industry-focused curriculum that includes topics such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, business analytics, and design thinking. To stay ahead in today's competitive and agile business environment, any management professional must have a good understanding of these topics.
A PGDM degree can significantly boost a candidate's employability. Pursuing a PGDM qualifies a candidate for managerial positions that would not be possible with a bachelor's degree.
Students pursuing a PGDM can expect to earn a lot of money. Even at the entry-level, some PGDM graduates will earn annual packages of more than Rs 20 lakh. A PGDM program will expand your networking opportunities. Candidates studying a PGDM course will realize the importance of developing connections and networks with peers from various verticals, sectors, and industries.
PGDM courses after graduation
The following are some of the PGDM specialisations:
- PGDM in Human Resource Management
- PGDM in Information Technology
- PGDM in Sales and Marketing
- PGDM in Business Analytics
- PGDM in International Business
- PGDM in Entrepreneurship
- PGDM in Digital Marketing
- PGDM in Supply Chain Management
- PGDM in Hospitality Management
- PGDM in Banking and Finance Management
Criteria for PGDM course eligibility
Participants in the PGDM program may come from any discipline, including engineering, humanities, commerce, economics, medicine, and other fields of study. Candidates with relevant work experience, as well as recent graduates, are encouraged to apply. The eligibility criteria for PGDM courses vary slightly between institutes, but the basic requirements remain the same
Participants must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline, recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) for admission to postgraduate programs, to be eligible for admission to the PGDM Program.
A minimum of 60% or 6.5 CGPA on a scale of 10 should have been obtained at the graduation level at prestigious universities such as IIM.
There is no upper age limit for enrolling in the PGDM program.
The candidate's bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification must include at least three years of education following completion of higher secondary schooling under the 10+2 system or equivalent.
Applicants to the PGDM program are chosen based on their academic performance in the 10th, 12th, and graduation years, as well as their CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT scores, written tests, essay writing, group discussions, extempore, and personal interviews.
The work experience of applicants is also given appropriate weightage.
How to apply for a PGDM course?
Admission to the PGDM program can be obtained in two ways:
- Direct admission
- By obtaining valid scores in PGDM Entrance Exams such as the CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, SNAP, CMAT, and ATMA
- Institutes will announce their cut-offs once the results are released.
- Candidates who meet the cut-off scores get an invitation to participate in the group discussion/personal interview/written ability test.
Direct or merit-based admission-
- Several universities offer first-come, first-served admissions to students.
- Candidates must apply to colleges or universities based on their preferences and areas of interest in order to gain admission.
- Students should have at least a 50% graduation rate in any discipline.
- Individuals with 1-3 years of work experience will be preferred.
- Students with a minimum aggregate of 50% in their bachelor's degree can also apply for management quota or institute-level quota seats in private MBA colleges.
A Postgraduate Diploma in Management allows students to be more flexible in their practice because it focuses on the student's real-world skills and competencies rather than the academic structure. A PGDM holder learns another essential acumen of corporate growth, such as strategic thinking skills, organizational skills, soft skills, communication skills, and much more