Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Medical lab technicians, or MLTs, collaborate with other healthcare professionals, such as doctors, nurses, dentists, and pharmacists, and they play a crucial role in evaluating, monitoring, and assessing a patient's health situation. By doing this, they keep the doctors and other professionals informed so they can develop a treatment plan and plan the patient's appropriate care. Today's medical lab scientist must, by necessity, be both theoretically sound and practically effective in his chosen field. You'll have a ton of opportunities, good pay, guaranteed employment growth, and much more after you complete your 12th-grade education. It is highly recommended to pursue a career in medical lab technology, or MLT, for a variety of reasons. When choosing the MLT Course, considerations like pay and benefits, career advancement and stability, and plenty of chances must already be on your mind. Here, we'll talk more about the MLT course.
What is Medical Laboratory Technology
Medical Laboratory Technicians are trained to do laboratory tests and are in charge of starting the healing process by identifying symptoms. They then assist in disease diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. They are a crucial component of the healthcare sector. By gathering, sampling, testing, reporting, and recording medical investigations, medical laboratory technicians/technologists play a crucial part in the entire system. They focus on microscopic, biochemical, and pathological analyses of the body's cells, tissues, and fluids. With the aid of clinical laboratory tests, a medical laboratory technician is thus concerned with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease after completing the MLT Course. A demanding career in a hospital, small emergency room, private laboratory, blood donation centre, doctor's office, or clinic is offered by this course.
MLT Course Information
Human physiology describes the chemistry and physics of the bodily structures that make up human anatomy and how they interact to maintain life's essential functions.
- Medical terminology- The study of terms used to describe the human body is known as medical terminology. The four components that make up a typical medical term are the root word, a prefix, a suffix, and a combining form. These components serve as the foundation for medical terminology in the MLT Course.
- Medical law/ethics- The rights and obligations of medical personnel and their patients, including confidentiality, negligence, and criminal law, are covered under medical law and ethics. The optimum MLT Course of Action is determined by carefully studying a specific issue, typically a clinical case, and applying values, facts, and reasoning.
- Infection control- Infection control refers to policies and practices used to limit the spread of infections in healthcare settings with the primary goal of reducing infection.
- Medical emergencies- Planning, supervising, and medical management for emergency medical response, disaster preparedness, and medical control are all aspects of medical emergencies that you will learn about in the MLT Course.
- Biochemistry- Basic and applied biochemistry is the study of biological processes at the cellular and molecular level using the principles of chemistry.
- Hematology is the study of illnesses affecting the blood and blood components, such as blood and bone marrow cells. Hematology also includes the study of immunology and serology. Studies in immunology and serology concentrate on detecting antibodies, looking into immune system issues, and figuring out whether organ, tissue, and fluid compatibility for transplantation.
- Microbiology is the study of microorganisms, whether they have one cell, many cells, or are acellular. It also includes bacteriology, mycology, virology, and parasitology. Numerous subfields of microbiology are included, such as virology, bacteriology, protistology, mycology, immunology, and parasitology.
- Clinical Pathology- Clinical pathology is the diagnosis of disease through microscopic examination of individual cells, tissue samples, and laboratory testing of blood and other body fluids.
- Pre- and post-analytical laboratory procedures- In the MLT Course, pre-analytical variables take place before the real specimen is tested, and post-analytical variables happen after the test result is generated.
- New techniques- To stay relevant in the years to come, healthcare must work hand in hand with advanced technology.
Responsibilities you learn in the MLT course
- The technology used in medical labs combines several sciences. You learn the fundamentals of many subspecialties in medicine. In this training, subjects including microbiology, blood banking, immunology, clinical chemistry, molecular biology, pathology, hematology, etc. are covered.
- Therefore, you have the option to further specialize in a variety of niches to access a wide range of employment options.
- The MLT course taught students how to use electronic and electrical lab equipment, as well as how to identify various ailments. In the MLT course, maintaining the patient record and tracking patient improvement are also covered. The obligations consist of: Their backing of medical professionals ensures superior medical care.
- While the technicians operate under the technologists' direction and do common laboratory tests manually, the technologists specialize in areas such as bodily fluid analysis, blood banking, immune system research, haematology, phlebotomy, and microbiology. They also study human tissues.
Job Opportunities after MLT Course
The technology used in medical labs combines elements of science, medicine, and technology. One might even claim that it offers the best of all possible worlds in terms of helping people, providing healthcare services, and learning new methods and technologies. These are the employment options following an MLT course.
- Medical lab technician- Medical lab technicians work in lab settings at hospitals, labs, diagnostic facilities, and nursing homes. They assist with test administration, operate lab apparatus, and record data and results.
- Open their center – To verify the pathology results, the entrepreneur should launch his or her center in collaboration with a pathologist.
- Academic institutions like colleges and universities - Use instructors and tutors to train new students.
- Molecular biotechnology businesses - Industry of research and development: MLT helps to speed up and direct development so that therapy can reach people who need it.
- Medical writing- Writing for the medical industry entails producing well-organized scientific papers, such as news articles, clinical research reports, and content for websites devoted to healthcare.
After completing an MLT course, finding work is simple due to the high employability rates brought on by the increased demand. Without trained laboratory workers, a healthcare facility cannot carry out its daily activities. You are the only one who can prevent you from pursuing a career in paramedical science after completing the MLT Course; nothing else!