Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
What is Medical Laboratory Technology?
Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) is a healthcare profession that involves the collection, analysis, and interpretation of laboratory test results. It plays a crucial role in healthcare, as accurate and timely laboratory test results are essential for diagnosing and treating diseases.
In the Medical laboratory technology course, students are taught to perform a variety of diagnostic tests and procedures to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Moreover, it is a rapidly growing field, with new technologies and techniques emerging all the time.
Why pursue Medical Laboratory Technology?
There are various benefits of pursuing a Medical Laboratory Technology course. Here are some of them:
- The healthcare industry is one of the fastest-growing industries, and it offers job security to its employees. Medical laboratory technologists enjoy job security as the demand for their services is expected to grow in the coming years.
- With the increasing prevalence of diseases, the demand for medical laboratory technologists is also increasing rapidly. Hence, pursuing medical laboratory technology gives you vast job options.
- Pursuing a career in medical laboratory technology offers many opportunities for professional growth and career advancement. Medical laboratory technologists can specialize in different areas such as microbiology, hematology, histology, cytology, etc.
- Medical laboratory technology plays a vital role in the healthcare industry. Thus it helps students to work in treating diseases and contribute to the well-being of society.
What is a DMLT course?
- DMLT stands for Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is typically a 2-year diploma-level course that provides students with the skills and knowledge required to become a medical laboratory technician.
- Students who have completed their 10+2 education in the science stream are eligible to apply for the course.
- During the course, students are trained to collect, process, and analyze various types of specimens such as blood, urine, and tissue samples.
- After completing the DMLT course, students can work as medical laboratory technicians in hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and research laboratories. They can also pursue higher studies in medical laboratory technology or related fields.
Difference between DMLT and MLT courses
The main difference between DMLT and MLT courses is the level of education and depth of knowledge that each program provides. DMLT is a diploma-level course that provides basic training in laboratory technology, including laboratory techniques, equipment, safety, and quality control.
On the other hand, MLT is an undergraduate program that provides more comprehensive training in laboratory technology, including the theoretical and practical aspects of laboratory work. While DMLT graduates can work as laboratory technicians, MLT graduates can pursue a wider range of career opportunities, such as laboratory managers, laboratory supervisors, and research technicians.
Roles and responsibilities of medical laboratory technologists
Here are some roles and responsibilities of medical laboratory technologists:
- Medical laboratory technologists are responsible for the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment. They ensure that equipment is properly functioning and that it is regularly checked for accuracy and precision.
- The primary responsibility of medical laboratory technologists is to perform laboratory tests on patient specimens, such as blood, urine, and tissue samples.
- Medical laboratory technologists are responsible for ensuring that laboratory test results are accurate and reliable. They do this by following strict quality control measures, including the use of standardized testing procedures and the use of appropriate control samples.
- After laboratory tests have been performed, medical laboratory technologists are responsible for analyzing and interpreting the results.
- Medical laboratory technologists must communicate effectively with physicians and other healthcare professionals to ensure that laboratory test results are properly understood and utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Medical laboratory technologists are responsible for maintaining accurate records of laboratory test results, including patient information, test results, and any additional notes or comments.
Job opportunities available for DMLT graduates
Here are some top job options for a student pursuing a Diploma in medical laboratory technology.
Medical Technician- Students who have done their diploma in medical laboratory technology are ideal for this job. They are responsible for collecting and processing various types of specimens such as blood, urine, and tissue samples, and performing laboratory tests and procedures.
Healthcare administrator- The role of a healthcare administrator involves a wide range of tasks, including budgeting, staffing, scheduling, and ensuring compliance with healthcare regulations. They are responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of the facility, including managing finances, personnel, and patient care.
Medical Technologist- Medical technologists are responsible for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting laboratory test results. They use specialized laboratory equipment and technology to perform many laboratory tests.
Laboratory System Analyst- A Laboratory System Analyst is a professional who specializes in managing and optimizing laboratory information systems (LIS). The primary responsibilities of a Laboratory System Analyst include designing, implementing, and maintaining laboratory information systems.
Research Assistant- A research assistant is a person who provides support to a research team or individual researchers in conducting research projects. However, their role varies depending on the field of research and the nature of the project.
Microbiologist- A microbiologist is a professional who specializes in the study of microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites. They are involved in a wide range of activities, from conducting research and developing new medicines to diagnosing and treating infections.
Technical Analyst- A technical analyst is a financial professional who uses technical analysis techniques to analyze financial markets and securities. They use price charts, volume charts, and other technical indicators to identify patterns and trends in the financial markets.
Salary range and job prospects
Here are the average salaries of some of the top career options in Medical Laboratory Technology:
|Jobs||Average Salary in INR|
|Laboratory Testing Manager||7.9 lakhs|
|Technical Analyst||7 lakhs|
|Medical Officer||5 lakhs|
|Healthcare administrator||4 lakhs|
|Medical Technologist||3 lakhs|
|Research Assistant||3 lakhs|
|Laboratory System Analyst||2.8 lakhs|
|Medical Technician||2.2 lakhs|