Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
New businesses are created every year, and new hotels and restaurants are also opened. The establishments bring about an upsurge in employment demand. The younger generation is, therefore, more likely to enroll in a variety of courses in the hotel management industry. For students, hotel management internships are required. Exposing students to the practical side of the profession is beneficial. Furthermore, it is a serious matter that must not be ignored. In the final semester exams, the student's performance and experience count. Are you trying to find a hotel management internship? Are the many departments and positions confusing to you? In-depth information on hotel management internships is provided in this article, along with helpful advice and instructions for applying.
There are two options for students to apply for hotel management internships. The first is via colleges. The university itself sends student resumes to various hotels. In these situations, students have the option of choosing the hotel management internship offered by their colleges. The students must take a seat and get ready to perform well in an interview. The second option is undoubtedly the best one even though it is not the simplest. Students who want to serve as interns at various hotels must send their resumes to such establishments. Students can send their resumes to the hotel's training department or HR. Alternatively, they can call them first to see if there is a position open before sending a resume. If everything goes as planned and a student is chosen, they must wow the panel during the interview to land an internship.
Different areas of hotels to expertise in
- Culinary department
- Food and beverage department
- Human Resources
Why is a hotel management internship required?
To learn professional skills, a hotel management internship is required. A hotel management internship becomes quite crucial in this industry. It's because, in the hotel industry, client pleasure comes first. Interns learn how to engage with clients as well as everything else needed to deliver the finest service during their internship. While all these abilities can be learned from books, they cannot be mastered without receiving hands-on instruction in actual situations. For students, hotel management internships make the job simpler. Additionally, when an intern searches for a job after completing their internship, their skills are evaluated. As a result, it is essential to work as an intern in the best hotels domestically and overseas. Finding a job will be simple if you learn from the best and build a strong resume. Law students should be aware of helpful advice for getting an internship.
What function do interns in hotel management serve?
Interns will be given work assignments in the department of their choice. Interns in the hotel industry are only allowed to focus on one area of interest. A few hotels allow their trainees to train in several departments and obtain additional experience.
- There is numerous employment available for students who choose to intern as managers during their hotel management internship. Students may learn how to run the front desk, the housekeeping department, or the food and beverage division. The main focus of the task is managing the designated department. In the hospitality industry, a manager's responsibility is to ensure that client's demands are met adequately.
- Cooking, catering, and working in the banquet area are all tasks that interns in the culinary sector must complete.
- Those who are skilled in the kitchen ought to work as an intern in this division. During the hotel management internship, students might work in the hotel's kitchen as chefs or bakers.
- The housekeeping division ensures that everything is tidy and well-maintained. They are also responsible for inspecting. The responsibility for cleaning hotel rooms and ensuring that room attendants have completed their tasks correctly will be handed to interns. They have to wash the laundry, maintain the yard and gardens, and occasionally help with building upkeep.
- Another intriguing alternative for students is front desk work in the lodging section of the hotel management internship. The department's interns will receive training on how to perform a variety of reservations and reception-related jobs.
- The responsibilities of a front desk intern include attending to visitors, making reservations and canceling them by needs and hotel policies, and taking care of the fundamental necessities of the client. Additionally, experience working as a porter or concierge will be given.
Useful tips for interns
Every student pursuing a hotel management internship should keep the following advice in mind if they hope to land a position in a prestigious hotel.
- Learn as many languages as you can starting at a young age or while enrolled in this program or any other course in hospitality. Enroll in English classes to improve your language skills. Try to learn a foreign language if you can. Even if they are covered in the course, make an effort to learn as many as you can.
- Every student should concentrate on their interpersonal skills before applying for a hotel management internship. They cannot afford to miss out on an internship at a prestigious hotel because of poor communication abilities.
- Make an effort to perform well on each exam. Attend the classes frequently. The student's performance and timeliness will reveal how effective an intern he or she will be. Every hotel wants to hire a dependable and committed intern. Nobody wants to hire an intern who isn't very committed to their profession.
- Don't just apply to any hotel at random. Conduct extensive study and shorten the list. When trying to make a decision, consideration should be given to aspects including geographic location, the hiring process, the stipend, and employment assurance.
- Make it a point to thoroughly research the hotel, employees, policies, and management before attending an interview. They will undoubtedly be interested in the applicant's motivations for wanting to work for them. The applicant will have no trouble responding to inquiries of this nature.
Both practical experience and academic knowledge are taken into consideration when selecting interns for Hotel Management internships. Your chances of landing an internship at a prestigious hotel can be improved if you keep up strong grades and regular attendance.