Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
These courses are in high demand these days due to the increase in hospitality services. India has seen evident growth, and as a developing country, it is the best way for the economic development of the country.
The factors like good finance, stable jobs, and promotion possibilities make students want to explore the hospitality sector.
This is a great opportunity for them to get knowledge about different cuisines in India and different cultures including international tastes.
Why choose Hotel management courses?
The booming hospitality actor makes way for hotel management courses. These courses will proved students with the necessary knowledge to open up their own businesses.
This will give rise to employment and a growing economy. Everyone can walk on the path of self-employment and also help to give jobs and roles to people matching the needed job profiles.
According to a recent report, international hotel chains are expanding in India, with a 47 percent market share by 2020 and a 50 percent market share by 2022 in the tourism and hospitality sector.
BHM program provides students with a platform for developing a comprehensive understanding of the hospitality industry.
As one of the most popular courses, it opens up a wide range of opportunities in the hospitality industry both in India and abroad.
Here is a list of some of the best Hotel management courses
There are many opportunities in this field. The student can select a course based on his or her academic qualifications. The following is a detailed list of the courses:
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management
- BA (Hons) in Hotel Management
- BBA in Hotel Management
- Master of Science in Hotel Management
- MBA in Hotel Management
- Certificate Courses in Hotel and Catering Management
- Craftsmanship Courses
- Tourism management
- Hotel accounting
- Business law
- Indian heritage
- Food science and nutrition
- Basic accounting
Eligibility criteria for these courses
If you are interested in a career in hospitality, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. This is as follows:
- Certificate Courses: Certificate courses are generally short-term courses lasting 6 months to a year. Candidates may pursue these courses after completing the 12th grade.
- Diploma Course: A candidate must have passed class 1oth or 12th with at least 40% marks and English as a compulsory subject.
- Degree Course: To be eligible for an undergraduate degree, the candidate must have a 12th-grade point average of at least 50 percent and English as a compulsory subject.
- After completing an undergraduate degree program, the candidate may pursue a postgraduate degree program. This program requires a graduation grade point average of 45 percent from a recognized university.
Skills you need to have to pursue these courses
- Exceptional communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Leadership qualities
- Self-discipline & Consistency
- Imagination & Ingenuity
- Problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational skills
Benefits of pursuing BHM
A structured curriculum, a diverse syllabus, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and opportunities for international exposure are all advantages of pursuing a career abroad.
The following are some key advantages of pursuing BHM-
- Interacting with people from various cultures and languages exposes one to new experiences.
- A variety of universities around the world offer hospitality programs that place a greater emphasis on practical experience than theoretical knowledge.
- Because this is a global industry, you will learn to manage hotels all over the world.
- You will also be able to gain hard and soft skills through a plethora of industrial training opportunities.
- If you consider all of the above factors, you will be able to build a strong professional network.
Hospitality course subjects
- Marketing Management
- Beverage Studies and Management
- Regional cuisine
- Fundamentals of the Front Office
- Fundamentals of room division - I
- Food and Beverage Production - I
- Hygiene and Food Safety
- Industrial Exposure
- Introduction to Indian Cooking
- Accommodation Management - I
- Hospitality Marketing
- Travel and Tourism Management
- Industrial Exposure - II
The best colleges are as follows
- Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management in Chandigarh
- Institute of Hotel Management in Jodhpur
- Institute of Hotel Management in Kolkata
- Institute of Hotel Management in Lucknow
- Institute of Hotel Management in Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management in Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management in New Delhi
- Delhi Institute of Hotel Management in New Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management in Goa
- IIHM in Hyderabad
- Garden City University in Bangalore
- IIHM in Ahmedabad
- IIHM in Bangalore
Career and job opportunities after hospitality courses
A degree in hospitality will provide you with a variety of job opportunities if you want to pursue a career in the hospitality industry. There are numerous job opportunities available in the hospitality industry.
One of the primary reasons for the high demand for hospitality professionals is that it is a multifaceted industry. It consists of various functions that deal with various areas of activity.
Several factors contribute to the country's hospitality sector's growth, including its contribution to GDP and the creation of thousands of jobs.
According to statistics, the tourism sector employed 39 million Indians, accounting for 8.0 percent of total employment in the country. And it will support 53 million jobs by 2029.
- Front Office Manager
- Food and Beverages Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Flight Attendant/Steward
- Housekeeping Manager
- Restaurants Hotels
- Insurance Agencies
- Guest Houses
- Colleges & Universities
Top recruiters are listed below
- The Leela Palaces, Hotels, and Resorts
- ITC Hotels
- Lemon Tree Hotels
- The Oberoi Group
- Neemrana Hotels
- The LaLiT
- The Residency Group of Hotels
- Sarovar Hotels & Resorts
- Indian Hotels Company Limited
- Oyo Rooms
- The Marriott
- Radisson Hotels
- Grand Hyatt
Job profiles are as follows-
- Kitchen Chef
- Front Desk Officer
- Cabin Crew
- Event Manager
- Hotel Manager
Salary after completing the course
The hospitality industry is one of the most profitable in the country. It has a wide range of opportunities and payscales for students who are willing to work hard with passion, dedication, and hard work.
Top companies in India pay 2.5 lakhs per year for entry-level BHM graduates.
It is important to note, however, that salary structures will vary depending on your roles and positions, as well as the organization in which you work. Also, your educational qualification plays an important role.
Scope of Hotel Management courses in India
The hospitality industry has traditionally been associated with high salary packages, numerous job opportunities, and rapid growth.
With a BHM degree, you can become a successful manager in a 5-star hotel, restaurant, resort, or hotel.
However, post-pandemic, domestic tourists are expected to drive growth, and international tourist arrivals are expected to exceed 30.5 billion by 2028, generating more than US$ 59 billion in revenue.
So, be prepared to seize emerging career opportunities in the tourism sector; alternatively, you can start your own business or even work abroad.
Furthermore, for those interested in furthering their education in this field, there are numerous higher education courses available in this field. (MHM), MBA (Event Management), and so on.