Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
We'll look at how a student can get into a reputable college or university after completing Hospitality management studies. For different courses, such as diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate, or doctorate, the admission process is different. HM
Admission to Diploma Programs
To enroll in a recognized/high-quality university or college that offers a diploma in Hospitality management studies, you must apply for and pass one of the following entrance exams.
- AIMA UGAT
- AIHMCT WAT
- BVP CET
- DTE HMCT
- JET Entrance Exam
Admission to Undergraduate Programs
A student can gain admission by participating in relevant entrance tests across India, as well as other entrance exams such as the NCHMCT JEE. When a student achieves high grades, they are invited to participate in personal interviews. Based on this, a student can apply to any of India's colleges to pursue a Bachelor of hospitality degree in Hospitality management.
Admission to Postgraduate Programs
All aspiring students who want to enroll in a reputable college to pursue a master's degree in Hospitality management can take any relevant entrance exam or apply for direct admissions, which are available at some colleges and universities.
Admission to Doctoral Programs
The student must have a master's degree in Hospitality management studies or a related field from a recognized university with a minimum of 55 percent. Depending on the location and university, the course can last two or five years.
PG Courses in Hospitality Management
A master's degree in Hospitality Management is a two-year full-time program that focuses on the administration and management skills needed in the hotel and hospitality industry. The course is in high demand in India because it leads to a managerial position after the student completes their master's degree. Recruiters and HR professionals are constantly on the lookout for candidates with a master's degree in Hospitality management.
Here is a list of a few PG courses in Hospitality management studies:
- Master of Hotel Management (MHM)
- Master in Tourism and Hotel Management (MTHM)
- MBA in Hotel Management
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- MSc Tourism and Hospitality Management
- MBA Hospitality
Hotel Management Doctoral Programs
The Ph.D. in Hospitality management is a research-based program that lasts between two and five years. A master's degree in Hospitality management from a recognized university is required for aspiring students.
For instance –
- Hotel and Tourism Management Ph.D.
- Hotel Management Ph.D.
Eligibility for Hospitality management courses in Mumbai
You must prepare thoroughly for any Hospitality management course to which you apply. Study with tenacity and dedication, and give it your all. Nothing will be able to stop you. Here's a general guideline for students pursuing Bachelor of Science in hospitality management or master's, and doctorate degrees.
Please keep in mind that the eligibility criteria for students seeking admission to a college or university may vary from college to college and location to location. The following eligibility criteria apply to most Indian colleges and universities that offer a Hospitality management program.
The following are the requirements for taking a Hospitality management course at various levels:
1. Diploma in Hotel Management Eligibility: Students seeking a diploma in Hospitality management must have completed their 10+2 examinations in any subject from a recognized board. At least 50% of the marks must be obtained by the student.
2. Bachelors in Hotel Management Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must have completed their 10+2 education with a combination of subjects. The student must have received a minimum of 50% in the aggregate on the examination.
3. Master's in Hotel Management Eligibility Criteria: The master's in Hospitality management eligibility criteria are quite straightforward. The student must have a Bachelor of hospitality degree in Hospitality management and have passed all of their exams with a grade point average of 55 percent.
4. Doctorate in Hotel Management Eligibility Criteria: Students who want to pursue a doctorate in Hospitality management must first earn a master's degree in the field. Entrance exams and personal interviews are used to determine admission.
Career Option After Hospitality management courses in Mumbai
The following list will give you a general idea of which industries you can enter after completing your Hospitality management degree. We can assure you that there are numerous career opportunities in Hospitality management, and the industry will continue to thrive. For smooth operations, a good hotel needs great hotel managers and other staff members, which is the case when a student like you enters the picture.
After earning a Bachelor of Science in hospitality management, you can pursue the following careers:
- Club Management
- Hotels and Restaurants
- Forest Lodges
- Hotel & Catering Institutes
- Catering departments for shipping companies, banks, armed forces, and railways
- Hotel & Tourism Associations
- Hospital Administration and Catering
- Airline Catering and Cabin Services
- Guest Houses
- Cruise Ship Hospitality Management
Possibilities for Employment After Earning a Hotel Management Degree
As a hotel manager, you can supervise daily operations and assign tasks to your subordinates at a reputable hotel. You'll also be in charge of conducting a standard property analysis, improving hotel amenities, locating nearby competition, understanding customer demands, and locating all nearby attractions, among other things. A Hospitality management student may be required to determine where the hotel generates the majority of its revenue – profit centers, point of sales, and so on.
Following is a list of job opportunities and various career options available after earning a hotel management degree:
- General Manager
- Residential Manager
- Tourism Officer
- Executive Housekeeper
- Front Office Manager
- Convention Service Manager
- Catering Manager
- Conference Center Manager
- Event Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Tour Manager
After completing hotel management courses, you can expect to earn a higher salary.
It is true that a student with a master's degree in hotel management will earn more than someone with a bachelor's degree. However, this does not imply that a bachelor's degree holder has less value in the industry. It's important to remember that your CTC will rise as you gain experience working in the real world. Furthermore, in order to complete a master's degree, you must first complete a bachelor's degree.
As previously stated, your salary will undoubtedly arise as you gain experience, but you must first take the necessary steps. Obtain admission to a reputable university and complete the course with complete dedication and focus. You'll see that nothing is out of the question!
Here is an example of what a student might earn after completing a hotel management course at various levels:
- Salary after completing a bachelor's degree in hospitality management: After earning a bachelor's degree in hotel management, a student can expect to earn between 3-6 lacs per year.
- Salary after completing a hotel management diploma program: After completing a diploma in hotel management, a student can expect to earn between 2-4 lacs per year.
- Salary after completing a hotel management postgraduate program: After completing a master's degree in hotel management, a student can expect to earn around 5-8 lacs per year.
Hotel Management's Scope in India and Abroad
Hotel management is a highly rewarding career with a wide range of opportunities in India and abroad. You can pursue higher education in a foreign country with a bachelor's degree in hotel management. You can apply for doctoral programs or earn a master's degree from a reputable institution.
Because the hospitality industry is the second largest in the world, there will always be a need for good hotel management students. Recruiters and HR professionals are always on the lookout for students with a hotel management degree, as previously stated.
We hope that this blog has been of great help to you and has provided you with the right kind of knowledge and information that you have been looking for.