Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
The hotel management industry is definitely enjoyable to work in, with daily interactions with new people and travel to new work locations. The field is now filled with numerous technological developments and products, making it even more exciting. It is currently one of the global industries with the fastest growth rates. You can work in any country you choose because there are lodging establishments everywhere. You'll obviously need the appropriate training and experience in hotel management to do this.
There are many job opportunities in this industry, from entry-level to executive positions. Along with all of the other obvious benefits, the travel and tourism sector also provides competitive pay scales. This adds yet another compelling factor for prospective students to select Bsc hotel management as a career. Additionally, you can choose from a huge variety of job profiles based on your preferences and skill set.
So, if you are looking at hotel management courses after the 12th, read this article to know all about it.
Hotel management careers
Bsc hotel management offers you a wide range of career options that are accessible in both India and abroad, as well as incredible salary packages for every profile. The annual salary for an HM professional in India ranges from 2 lakhs to 20 lakhs.
Let's move on and look at the various industries and the exciting job opportunities they provide for students.
Jobs in Food & Beverage
It includes restaurants, catering, fine dining, food trucks, cafes, bakeries and confectioneries, nightclubs, etc. This is one of the main sectors. Specialized training in cooking as well as food and inventory management is provided to students at IHM colleges. After completing IHM courses, one can easily find managerial positions.
Chef - A chef is responsible for more than just preparing food and dishes for customers. such as creating menus, managing inventories, overseeing the kitchen staff, and upholding food standards, codes, and regulations. Chefs can be classified as sous chefs, head chefs, executive chefs, pastry chefs, etc. The team is led by the head chef, a sous chef prepares every meal, and the pastry chef is in charge of all the sweet treats.
Culinary Director: He coordinates the entire culinary operation and creates a detailed plan for the entire kitchen and waiting staff. He is also in charge of attending to the requirements of visitors and guests. Additionally, he oversees the general delegation of the workforce.
A food and beverage manager- The catering manager creates menus for a variety of events. In addition,
- explains the needs of the client during daily staff meetings.
- teaches the staff the fundamental manners and etiquette.
- limits the amount of inventory.
- assures the least amount of food is wasted.
- assigns tasks and shift schedules to the staff.
Jobs in travel and tourism in Hotel management courses in Mumbai
When you enroll in a hospitality degree program, you also learn the insider tips and tricks of the travel and tourism business. You can work on cruise ships, private jets, and airlines in this industry. Here, job descriptions can be found for positions in customer service, sales, managing guest relations, back-end marketing, etc.
Every country's tourism industry is expanding significantly as a result of factors like globalization, social media, societal changes, etc. As a result, more people are traveling to different places, increasing the demand for jobs in the hospitality industry. Even more, activities include organizing tours, writing travel guides, organizing destination events, etc.
After earning a degree in Hotel management courses in Mumbai, you may pursue the following careers:
- Manager of Guest Relations: This position entitles one to take particular care of customer reservations, guest services, and ensuring they enjoy their visit. This entails communicating with them and informing them of the services your organization provides.
- Coordination of the hospitality services will fall under your purview as you plan events, approve and finalize menus, oversee visitor stays, ensure the team treats them with respect, etc.
- Communications Specialist - When people travel to different parts of the world, they might struggle to express their needs and navigate the tour. You have to act as a mediator and guide them all the way as a communications expert. Manager of Digital Marketing and Director of HR He or she is skilled in online marketing and social media. This job entails running various online campaigns, maintaining an online presence, and conducting digital promotions for a brand.
- Tour manager - This position entails planning individualized vacations for clients based on their travel needs, preferences, and occasion.
Positions in events, sports, wellness, and leisure.
Formal and informal social gatherings make up a significant portion of this business. Yes, MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events), weddings, big milestone celebrations, spas and saunas, wellness retreat programs, sports festivals, etc. are what we're referring to.
Here are some examples of career paths related to the above-mentioned areas in Hotel management colleges near me -
- Hotel Event Coordinator
- Wedding Planner
- Spa Attendant
- Banquet Manager
- Project Manager
- Sports Event Executive
- VIP Services Manager
- Wellness Area Manager
Other functional job roles also include -
- Office Coordinator
- Finance Manager
- Front Desk Executive
- Housekeeping Manager
These profiles have to work in coordination with the entire hotel staff as well as the client to make things happen.
Experience in the Hotel management colleges near me field -
You may be wondering right now what it's like to work in this industry. Here are a few highlights you might want to be aware of:
- You have the opportunity to interact and meet people from various cultures and dialects, which enhances your development as a person. – on a personal and professional level.
- Due to all these above-mentioned things, you also walk out with a strong network of professionals.
- You have the opportunity to learn about international mannerisms and hotel etiquettes while taking this course because this is a global industry.
- Compared to classroom lectures, this field involves more practical training, making learning more enjoyable.
- You receive practical instruction from some of the best in the field.
- In this course, your hard and soft skills are polished.
Different aspects of hotel management -
- Hospitality Property Management
- Communications Specialist
- Front Office Management
- Event management
- Legal Matters
- Business Development and Sales
- Finance & Accounting
- Project Management
- Hotel Financial Accounting
- Public Relations
- Marketing (Online/Offline)
- Food & production services
- Menu planning and design