Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
The combination of artistic fulfillment and financial reward makes fashion design one of the most well-liked academic fields! It focuses on the development and production of garments and other accessories. Taking this course could assist you in achieving a particular level of expertise in the quick-paced fashion industry. Numerous colleges and universities throughout the globe provide a range of undergraduate, graduate, and diploma programs in this area. B Des Fashion Design is a very vital and well-liked fashion designing degree program that starts from scratch and covers all of the crucial topics in great detail. Everything you need to know about b des fashion design will be covered in this article.
What is the objective of B Des Fashion Design?
Teaching thorough knowledge of the fashion industry, including design, production, marketing, and quality control, is the aim of the b des fashion design program. This course covers a number of essential topics, including fashion studio, fashion illustration, history of fashion, and the relationship between fashion and culture and occupation. Additionally, it covers a sizeable section of textile science in fields like Textiles and Apparel Management, Material Study, and other related ones. Along with these and other significant business concepts, the course also covers merchandise marketing, textile marketing, e-retail, and fashion branding.
Students learn how to create and choose the most appropriate clothing for various situations and cultures in the b des fashion design course in addition to how to design apparel.
Candidates will gain design skills for a variety of uniforms, theatrical costumes, and other products in addition to professional and business clothes.
Along with creating and marketing them, candidates for the B Des Fashion Design program will also study quality control and quality management of fashion products.
What is the application process for B Des fashion design?
- Merit-based admission or competitive admission are also options for the B Des Fashion Design program. At a few private colleges, admission is also offered on the basis of merit.
- Students get admitted to the majority of private institutes that offer a B Des Fashion Design based on their 10+2 results.
- Application to College: The applicant must submit an application to the college using the forms available on their official website. On the campuses of several colleges, paper forms are also accessible.
- Merit List Generation: Based on the marks received at the 10+2 level, the institutions will create and publish a merit list of the candidates who have been shortlisted.
- Counseling and document verification for the shortlisted candidates: The shortlisted candidates will be called for counseling and document verification. Candidates must provide the necessary supporting papers to prove their eligibility.
- Candidates who pass all of the steps above will be admitted to the course.
How do I submit a B Des Fashion Design application?
The admission process at all NIFTs and respected private colleges is based on institute-specific entrance exams. The usual application process for b des fashion design at these universities is described below.
- Candidates must submit an application to take the admission exam. Applicants must submit applications to each college, even if each one has a distinct form.
- Exam: Entrance exams for the B des fashion design program are frequently held in January and February. There are entrance exams for various colleges in the months of April and May.
- Results and Cutoffs: Following the entrance exam, the organizing body will announce the results of each candidate as well as the minimum score needed to pass.
- Seat Allocation: Based on their rankings, candidates who pass the entrance exam will be given seats at various colleges.
Specializations in B Des Fashion Design
- Bachelors in Textile Design
- Bachelors in Apparel Production
- Bachelors in Knitwear Design
- Bachelors in Accessory Design
- Bachelors in Leather Design
- Bachelors in Fashion Communication
Requirements for Eligibility
- The following section discusses the common requirements for admission to B Des Fashion Design offered by most colleges.
- Candidates must pass or enroll in a secondary high school exam from a recognized board, such as the ICSE/CBSE or an equivalent board, in any discipline, including business, the arts, and science.
- After class X, students can apply, but they must have a three-year diploma that the AICTE has approved.
- Students may enroll in this fashion designing degree course after completing their HSC exams.
- In the 10+2 exam, at least five subjects must be passed.
- Candidates must legally be nationals of their own country if they reside abroad.
- Before beginning the counseling process, the candidate must pass any additional exams that may be required.
- If the applicant is an Indian who does not reside in India, they do not need a passport.
- Supernumerary candidates who pay fees based on the foreign fee scheme are given 10+5 B des fashion design places.
- Only one topic from the 10+2 is necessary for admission to a bachelor's degree in fashion designing. Candidates must receive an English score that is at least 50%.
Suitability of the b des fashion design course
The candidate should be skilled at creating images that accurately convey their thoughts and ideas to others.
They should be imaginative and excellent observers, keep up with the newest information and be able to interact with others.
The course is appropriate for those who want to work as lecturers and teachers in colleges and universities.
What are the Benefits of the B des Fashion Design Course?
- The garment, leather, textile, and other fashion-related businesses welcome degree holders with open arms.
- With a degree in fashion design, one is qualified and capable of starting their own fashion business to showcase their fashion talents.
- The course offers its pupils beauty, fame, success, and huge compensation packages in addition to gratifying their creative fantasies and materialistic desires.
- They can pursue more degrees, such as master's, and eventually research degrees.
If you're passionate about fashion styling, a career in fashion design is the right decision for you. A B Des Fashion Design graduate has the option of working or opening their own business. If a candidate wants to launch their own company, they can begin a boutique, a fashion brand, or a store. As independent designers, they can promote their creations to other fashion houses.