Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Fashion design is one field that offers students limitless opportunities to students and professionals. The excitement isn't going away anytime soon, and the Bachelor of Fashion Design course will be highly sought after for many years to come.
This blog will help students pursuing a fashion design and textiles course and want to know the reasons to study fashion design and the benefits of fashion and textile design courses.
What exactly is fashion design?
Fashion design is the art of creating customized apparel and lifestyle accessories, and it is now a viable career option. It is a promising creative profession that also serves a high package in the glamorous industry. However, it is a demanding industry in which one must be creative as well as possess good managerial skills.
If you can work your magic with colours, shapes, designs, cuts, and textiles, you've found the perfect profession to reinforce your decision.
What is the role of a fashion designer?
- Creating a design process from conception to completion.
- Participating in market research, fabric and technique trends, and looking for design inspiration.
- Editing designs in real-time and developing new ideas.
- Choosing appropriate fabrics and snips.
- Creating designs for customized packages.
- Working with the technical team to ensure that the packages are accurate.
- Product re-examination before presentations.
- Client presentations of story, theme, and seasonal boards.
- Career opportunities for fashion design students.
Career options after Bachelor of Fashion Design course
Fashion designers are inextricably linked with the industry, as a profession that requires no introduction.
If you're a fashionista, you've probably heard of top Indian fashion designers like Varun Bahl, Manish Malhotra, Sabyasachi, and so on. They have successfully transformed the Indian films’ fashion scene. A good designer handles everything from sketches to textures and patterns; from outfit styling to looks.
You will have a good understanding of what clothes look good on which people if you pursue this career. As a retail buyer, you have the option of opening your own store and selling your own products, or you can purchase products from other designers. If done correctly, this field can be quite profitable.
Getting a job at a boutique, department store, or large brand such as Lifestyle, Zara, Emporio Armani, and so on can be extremely rewarding. A retail manager is responsible for setting daily goals for employees and ensuring that marketing and promotions are working properly.
When it comes to a career in this field, this is one of the most difficult and exciting job profiles. As a fashion stylist, your job is to choose the appropriate pieces from the designer's collection or wardrobe to create the best outfits for your clients' body types, preferences, and tastes. A stylist is responsible for everything from makeup, accessories, and hairstyles to a person's overall appearance.
A textile designer designs 2D unique or repetitive patterns for printed fabrics weaves, and knit patterns. These fabrics can be used in interior design to make clothing or soft furnishings. Textile designers can work as part of a team or independently in both industrial and non-industrial settings. The majority of textile designers use CAD to create textures and patterns.
Jewellery and Footwear Designing
Jewellery and footwear are two distinct industries that complement the textile sector. After all, even the most beautiful dress is incomplete without the proper footwear and fashion accessories.
Personal Shopping Assistant
Do you enjoy going shopping?
It's time to rejoice because a personal shopper is an expert who assists brides, celebrities, and even everyday stylish dressers in choosing the best dresses from the racks. You must be a professional in order to negotiate the best deals, shop the best stores, and select the best designs and brands based on the client's specifications.
Qualifications for a career as a fashion designer
A diploma or degree of Bachelor of Fashion Design/Fashion Technology/Textile Design or a related field is required.
After completing your 12th grade, you will need to pass the NID to get admission to the top fashion design colleges exam/UCEED/CEED/NIFT entrance exam to pursue bachelor's courses in India, though diploma and short-term courses are also available.
Eligibility criteria for fashion designing courses
- Aspirants with a Class 12 diploma in any subject (Science, Commerce, or Arts) can pursue a Fashion Design course at the graduate level.
- Most famous design colleges only accept candidates who have completed their schooling from a recognized board.
- Aspirants who have completed a design course at the graduate level are preferred for admission to fashion designing courses at the postgraduate level.
Career in fashion design
Is a Bachelor of Fashion Design good for your career?
It is one of the most sought-after jobs in the world. As a highly creative field, it can allow you to blend cultures, transition from traditional to contemporary attire, and even experiment with colour themes! Every dress has a story to tell, and you can be the one to tell it!
Advantages of fashion design course-
- A career in Fashion Design would provide you with the most satisfaction.
- You can start your own brand from scratch if you are your own boss.
- It will alter your perspective of the world because the field is full of creativity and fun.
- On almost every product, the industry will give you a huge margin.
- The profession allows you to gain recognition for what you do.
- Clients can come from anywhere in the world, and you will have numerous opportunities to travel around the world.
- Prepare to face a wide range of tasks in a single workplace.
- If you pursue a career in fashion design, you may also have the opportunity to meet celebrities and other people who share your passion for fashion design.
Fashion design has proven to be a pivotal point in many aspects of one's professional and personal life. Dress codes, parties, business meetings, weddings, and other events necessitate a change of clothing. And it is the designer's job to design the audience's wants and needs. Fashion designing courses help you do just that!