B.Sc Fashion Designing
Bachelor of Fashion Design
Fashion Design DegreeIntroduction
One of the most innovative course options, B.Sc Fashion Design is a rich vocational training stream not only in India but abroad. The Fashion enterprise has grown leaps and bounds and that too in a decade. If you're looking for a profession in the area, choosing the proper Fashion Designing course is sure to open up a plethora of possibilities for you. However, before enrolling in a Fashion Design course, it's really good to understand a few crucial factors about the programme.
Bachelor of Fashion Design: What is it about?
The degree imparts to the students an intensive knowledge of the world of fashion, distinct aspects of creativity, sustainability, development of trends, style sensitivity. These prepare the scholars for a profession withinside the style industry. The course imparts into the scholars' entrepreneurship spirit by incorporating areas of study like factors of manufacture, textiles, and fabrics, economic relevance.
The Degree offers a complete program wherein the scholars can study the history and development, features of fashion Bye theory-based classes, at the same time presenting them realistic exposure to transform their creativity through first-hand experiences.
The course specializes in building the interpersonal and communicative abilities of the scholars alongside honing their entrepreneurial abilities. These skill-sets widen the job scope of the scholars. The job possibilities consist of Fashion Designer, Fashion Stylist, Production Designer among others.
Why Study Bachelor of Fashion Design?
Bachelor of Fashion Design is a complete graduation-level degree that imparts to the students the talents and creativity required in the discipline of fashion, while at the same time presenting exceptional exposure in practical understanding and first-hand experience withinside the diverse aspects of the fashion world.
However, numerous motives make college students want to Pursue this course:
- This is a versatile direction that gives possibilities to students from all streams, regardless of Science, Humanities, or Commerce.
- This course is ideal for college students who have got an innovative bent of mind and style sensitivity.
- This course equips the scholars with all of the innovative and entrepreneurial talents that allow them to be excellent candidates for employment in the fashion industry.
- This course offers a competent degree to the scholars that makes them eligible to open their very own fashion house. Through this, they could utilize and show their fashion creativity to the fullest.
- The ever-changing style industry is full of possibilities. After finishing this course successfully, the scholars can get opportunities to sign up for the fashion industry through unique job profiles. These job possibilities regularly provide exceptional pay packages and a ticket to the glamour world.
- The course additionally opens up future professional possibilities like advanced research and studies in the discipline of fashion. Students can pursue a master's degree in the discipline before doing their PhD or studies. They also can take a look at the work overseas.
Bachelor of Fashion Design Job Prospects and Career Options
The regions of employment for students of B.Sc Fashion Designing encompass both public and private sectors of the fashion industry.
The government sector initiatives of textile development and sustainable fashion provide employment possibilities.
Both government and private clothing production businesses and education sectors employ scholars who've completed the Bachelor of Fashion Design course successfully.
In the private sector options, possibilities are available in pinnacle Designer Houses, Top Fashion Brands, Fashion Retail Companies, Fashion Show Management Centre, Jewellery Houses, Media Houses, Fashion Magazines etc. The students are offered a wide array of job possibilities with both lucrative packages and opportunities in the glamorous world. The salaries can range as per the experience of the candidate in the field, the job profile, and the region.
The starting income of the degree holders ranges between INR 2,60,000 and INR 9,20,000 per annum.
What to do after completing your Bachelor of Fashion Design?
There are a huge variety of professional alternatives for students on completion of a course. The future scope for these college students is increasing with the subsequent growth in the Fashion industry. The demand for fashion designers is growing with every passing day. This is mainly because humans are becoming more and more fashion-conscious. Some of the top career alternatives available to fashion graduates are as follows:
After finishing a Bachelor of Fashion Design course, college students can take up internship programs with top brands and design houses. This will offer them essential exposure to the fashion market.
College students can also take advantage of the massive job demands in the fashion industry. They can find employment in pinnacle retail agencies and fashion brands and labels. The pinnacle recruiters in this field consist of Pantaloons, Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle, Max Fashions, Reliance, design labels like Sabyasachi, Ritu Kumar, amongst others.
Graduates can choose higher research also. They can pursue Master's degrees in Fashion Design, diploma courses in Textile Design, Fashion Technology and Fashion Communication.
Scope of Fashion Designing In India -
A profession in B.Sc Fashion Designing is surely a very good preference because the fashion enterprise has gained recognition and reached its peak. However, the fashion industry has plenty of cut-throat competition and significant challenges. The practice may be witnessed from times, immemorial. The scope of fashion designing does not restrict to India only but one could have desirable job possibilities overseas as well. After completing the course, students have innumerable choices in front of them. Graduates can be a part of fashion houses/manufacturing/export units for a paid job or launch their very own label in the market.
B.Sc Fashion Designing is one of the most famous Design specialisations amongst students. Every year lots of applicants apply to specific faculties across the country with an aspiration to become successful designers in future. If you too are wishing to pursue your bachelor's in this course, you have landed at the best place.
Call to action
ITM Institute of Design and Media, set up in 2010, is certainly considered one of India's top fashion design
Colleges offering interior design courses including Bsc fashion design. ITM IDM Presents various courses in fashion design. Our campuses in Mumbai - Andheri
and Navi Mumbai- Nerul feature the modern-day design
tools and specialised labs on campus with state of the art infrastructure and a lush green environment.
ITM also has these benefits:
- Plug right into a professional network of over 15,000 alumni, you will get inner information on new job openings and develop your network.
- Masterclasses carried out by famous Indian and global experts.
- Industry updated curriculum carefully curated by the industry experts that satisfies worldwide standards.
- Faculty with great experience in their fields
- Variety of programs and specialisations offered
- The partnerships with international universities and colleges from the US, UK, Europe & Asia guarantees access to global education to our students. These collaborations assist in bringing in internationally acclaimed faculties and broaden our programs. We share robust academic relationships with, Queen Margaret University, UKEMI Normandie, France Groupe ESSCA, France
- Amazing placement record with top recruiters coming to placement drives held by the college.