Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
₹ 60 Lakhs
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Choosing a career in the healthcare industry could be quite challenging. But the good part is, that it introduces you to a plethora of career opportunities. For decades now, when it comes to picking out a healthcare profession, doctors have been the No.1 profession. But over the years, people have outgrown these stereotypes and looked out for other majors too. Lately, Medical Lab Technology has flourished and become a highly recommended healthcare profession.
The gateway to becoming a full-fledged professional is the BSc MLT course. MLT is the backbone of healthcare. Those who envision a career as a medical lab technician need to enrol on a Lab technician course after 12th science. Post which you will be eligible to opt for the BSc MLT course.
But to help you understand the field better, we’ll give you an in-depth overview.
About Lab technician course after 12th science and its field
For those of you unaware of the field, the BSc MLT course and its job roles here’s everything you need to know about it.
Medical Lab Technology is the science of conducting tests in order to diagnose the illness/disease correctly. As a Medical Lab Technologist, you help the doctor identify and treat the illness appropriately with your skills. This is why before pursuing the profession, there’s one thing that you need to be certain about - accuracy & an eye for detail. They are the skills that will lead you to success right through your career.
The 3-year undergraduate program - BSc MLT course equips you with in-demand skills & hands-on experience. Hence, pursuing the program from a dignified institute is a must. The better the institute, the better you’re trained for the competitive medical industry. If you’re looking out for a good institute or college around you, do check out the ITM Institute of Health Sciences. A reputed institute with multiple branches across the country, the institute has successfully trained millions of students so far.
Though we mentioned it earlier, we’ll give you the perfect breakdown now. A person who has completed 10+2 in Chemistry/Physics, Biology/ Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a score of 50% & above is eligible to graduate with a BSc MLT course. But remember, it has to be from a reputed board or institute only.
Career Scope after the Bsc MLT course
- On successfully completing your BSc MLT course, you’ll be either offered placement opportunities from the institute you studied at or can look for it yourself.
- Seeking employment at a private or government hospital as well as an educational institute becomes much easy.
- Once you’ve gained good experience from a renowned organization, you can also open up a laboratory of your own.
The possibilities are endless, don’t doubt yourself!
Skills Needed to be an MLT Professional
Before choosing to pursue the undergraduate BSc MLT course, here are a few pre-requisites/skills needed.
- One must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- One must be good at handling various medical equipment.
- One must be capable of multitasking and completing duties under pressure.
- Pro-activeness and enthusiasm are the keys to a successful career after completing the BSc MLT course.
- One must be good with numbers and have a deep sense of medical knowledge.
- People in this industry tend to stay successful for a longer duration only when they keep their career over everything else. Since the healthcare industry is quite sensitive & duty calls you at unexpected moments, you won’t be kept at a job for long if you’re unavailable at most times.
- One must be fine with collecting various samples such as urine, blood, stool, etc.
That being said, if you’re truly passionate about what you do, success will follow you wherever you go!
How can I get admission to the ITM Institute of Health Sciences?
If you’ve read through the article above thoroughly, by now you surely would have understood if or not you wish to take up a job in this field.
In order to be eligible for admission at ITM Institute of Health Sciences for the Bsc MLT course you need to have the following:
- An aggregate score of 40% minimum with Physics, Chemistry, & Biology in 10+2
- Should have had Medical Laboratory Technology as a vocational course in the 12th grade, if you’re a CBSE student.
- For SC/ST and other reserved classes, 35% aggregate is a must.
The good part about ITM Institute of Health Sciences is that its well-equipped medical labs give you a higher advantage in acquiring holistic training. Finding a college in India, that is A-accredited could be very challenging. But ITM IHS has set the bar quite high since it has been training students for decades now.
Their vision & mission to grant the best industry-relevant training through theory and practice is what makes the college outstand the rest.
The constant urge to grant students a better learning experience from the previous year has helped ITM IHS sculpt the BSc MLT course better over the years.
We assure you that the ones who’ve completed their BSc MLT course from here have made it to big medical centres in the industry.
Besides if you wish to further pursue a master's degree, post completion of your BSc MLT course, you need not switch to a different college/institute. ITM IHS has it all in one place for you.
Don’t hold your dreams back anymore, pursue a lab technician course after 12th science and be ready to step into the industry as a medical lab technician.
If you wish to seek further guidance about the program, you can get in touch with us. For more BSc MLT course details and information, or career guidance you can contact our career counsellors who are available 24/7.