WICA Event
You are here: Home \ blog \ WICA Event
9 October 2017 - 11:05, by , in blog, IHM, Comments off

It took few days to get a team together , one of the best from Third Year Bachelor of International Culinary Arts for the WICA competition held on 27th September, 2017 ,
“Student Chef of the year” co-sponsored by Nestle.

18 colleges across Mumbai participated in this competition held at Don Bosco College of hotel management, Kurla. The Jury comprised of Chef Amit Bajaj (Indigo Deli), Chef Salil Fadnis (Sahara Star), Chef Raghu (Taj) and several other dignitaries

The competition’s criteria was the preparation of Indian food involving the participation and presentation of the team. The contestants were permitted to be 80% prepared and the remaining 20% of work, was at the actual event, in an hour’s time.

The student team of ITM-IHM, Oshiwara designed an elaborate Parsi food display with classical and futuristic, both being plating styles.
This included the presentation of masala chai in a kettle , refreshing raspberry soda , freshly baked kadak pav , Nankhatai, gajar mawa nu acchar, patrani macchi and roasted pumpkin mash, chicken farcha, salli boti and baby greens of beetroot , mori dal-chawal , orange infused lagan nu custard with green tea icecream and chikki. We even extended Parsi hospitality by presenting the guests with a Parsi spice mix, often considered as a token of appreciation and a memento blessing. The student team was awarded with a SILVER and stood second. We even received the First prize in the Jury (critics) award. They will be felicitated at Chef’s Connect 2017.


Comments are closed here.