The students of Digital Marketing and Transformation got the opportunity to have hands-on training experience on industries’ best data visualisation tools that is Tableau and PowerBI from Microsoft. The teaching was undertaken by Mr. Sayantan Ghosh ,Business Consultant, SmartConnect Technologies who is well versed with the tools and concepts of data visualisation and how to simplify raw data into a very understandable format and having a healthy experience in the industry. Tableau software is one of the fastest growing data visualization tools which is currently being used in the BI industry. It is the best way to change or transform the raw set of data into an easily understandable format with zero technical skills and coding knowledge.
On the other hand, PowerBI is the collective name for an assortment of cloud-based apps and services that help organizations collate, manage, and analyse data from a variety of sources, through a user-friendly interface. Power BI pulls data together and processes it, turning it into intelligible insights, often using visually compelling and easy-to-process charts and graphs.
The topics he has covered were
- Intro to Tableau and Power BI
- Requirements for these visualisation tools
- Working and features to be used in industry
- Dashboards, stories and all the other features required in industries
Digital marketing entails developing messaging, putting it in front of your target audience, evaluating its efficacy in terms of conversions or sales, and revising and improving your strategies based on the results and that can be done in a better way when you can analyse and view your data. When it comes to analysing the data, we have to learn these tools so that data can be presented in a better format and with attractive visuals.
Key Takeaway from the workshop:
- Learnt a lot about Tableau visualisation tool and PowerBI
- Foundations for building Data Visualizations
- Formatting Tools and Menus
- Using Filters Using the Detail panel, Using the Size panels Customizing filters Using and Customizing tooltips
- Overview about visualisation tools and their need in industries
- Different features that help us to enable and generate better reports.
The workshop consisted of theoretical background and concepts with hands on practice during the session which contributed to the interactive practice. In the end of the session, we also gave a presentation on the data provided on which we have applied all the learnings which has been gained during the workshop. Healthy doubt solving sessions also had a positive impact on our understanding about the same.