A Postgraduate course in Finance is a much-in-demand course for students interested to pursue a career. It offers a host of employment opportunities by preparing the students to be industry-ready professionals with a sound understanding of the different aspects such as working capital management, international currencies, investment management, portfolio hedging and so on.
Students with a Bachelors qualification and possessing skills such as attention to detail, mathematical and analytical skills, good communication skills and research-oriented mind can apply for a PGDM in financial management program at reputed institutes such as ITM.
Career Choices after PGDM in Finance
The finance department is the lifeblood of any business organization. Every industry requires specialists in financial management to take care of their investments, planning mergers and acquisitions and other crucial issues. In such a scenario, a PG diploma course will equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to get a high-paying job in India or abroad.
Some careers in finance include
- Asset management
- Financial planning
- Investment banking
- Financial market analysis
- Corporate finance
- Business analysis
- Personal finance
According to reports from Payscale, the average salary for beginning level jobs in finance is between 3 to 15 lakhs, depending on the skills, knowledge, location and qualification of the candidate.
Reasons to Pursue A Post Graduate Diploma in Finance
Pursuing a PG diploma allows you to develop a deep understanding of the various concepts of financial management as well as the working of the financial markets. This knowledge will help to improve your employability. Here are some other reasons to pursue the PGDM course:
- Business Knowledge – The syllabus of the course is designed to prepare the students to handle the demanding challenges in fintech. It covers various aspects of planning and management such as different financial instruments, their valuation and trading, scientific research, technical analysis, scientific asset allocation process, foreign currencies and portfolio hedging.
- Management Skills – Apart from the in-depth knowledge about the subject, the course also helps you to develop the required leadership and managerial skills to handle the crucial function of a business organization. The various individual and group projects, and personality development programmes help you to develop the necessary traits to be a successful financial manager.
- Networking – Enrolling for a PG diploma in a reputed organization provides vast networking opportunities. You can connect and network with your fellow students, faculty, successful alumni and industry veterans.
- High Salary – A Masters certification program will highly increase your employability and help you to compete for top positions with high salaries.
Pursuing a PG diploma course provides a boost to your career in financial management. It provides the right opportunities to develop your skills and connect with the right persons.