In ITM B-school, students are given every opportunity to grow holistically that will transform them into finer people. With the same purpose, the department of Retail Management & Marketing organised a rural trip for the PGDM students where they visited Roha, a small village in the Raigad district of Maharashtra, organised in association with Rotary Club of Roha.
The main objectives of the trip were-
• To educate students, who are mainly from the urban cities, about rural India
• Give them a first-hand knowledge and experience on rural economy
• Introduce them to their lifestyle, heritage, culture and demonstrate how rural India is transforming with the advent of technology
• Get a first hand account of how government policies are assisting in development
• Students visited a local shrine, Dhavir Temple; local school and Ashram, and interacted with the members of gram panchayat. We received overwhelming welcome everywhere we went. The students at the school entertained us with lezim dance and our students participated in the rally conducted on ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padrao.’
Students from RMM also conducted a survey to understand demand and supply in different sectors of the rural economy.