Report on Role of Logistics in International Trade Speaker: Dr. Vishhal Bisen, “Managing Director” at M/s Samveda Logistics InfraResources Pvt Ltd
About the speaker:
Dr. Vishhal Bisen, a multitalented personality with proven track record in the field of Logistics / Shipping / Supply Chain Management having more than 26 years of professional experiences with Doctorate (Ph. D.) degree in Management Science. Dr. Vishhal is a Ph.D. in Management Science on Logistics/Supply Chain Management and also, he has a Diploma in TQM & ISO 9000 from AIIMS, Chennai.
He is recipient of many prestigious awards such as:
- “Man of Excellence Award – 2019” for Outstanding Professional Achievement & Inspiring Social Contribution at India – International Business Summit on 14th June, 2019 at New Delhi.
- “Dynamic Logistics Professional of the Year - 2018 award at Gujarat Star Award, Dec – 2018 at Gandhi Dham (Gujarat)
- “Dynamic Shipping & Logistics Professional of the Year - 2017 award at Gujarat Junction, March- 2018.
- “India 5000 Best MSME Awards” for excellence in Quality & Customer Satisfaction in 2017.
- “Indywood Maritime Excellence Award” for professional excellence in Logistics & supply chain sector on 25th September, 2016 at Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad.
Overview of the session:
- Growth of logistics
- Importance of logistics
- 12 verticals of logistics
Around 35 people from Operations Management and Supply Chain Management (OM&SCM and International Business (IB) joined for session.
Mr. Vishhal Bisen started the session by focusing on why logistics is important and how it came into play, after that he discussed the 12 verticals of logistics and focused on their importance. He also introduced the students to various new terminologies which are used in the logistics sector. It was an amazing session where students of OM&SCM and IB learnt a lot.