ABOUT THE GUEST:
Anish is enthusiastic about helping organizations leverage the power of data and analytics to drive business success. With over 8 years of experience in the field, he has a strong record of designing and implementing analytics programs and providing actionable insights to senior leadership.
He is expertise in spans a range of industries, including Financial Services, Telco, CPG, Travel, and Technology, and I have a proven ability to help organizations optimize their talent management strategies. His top 5 Gallup Strengths as per Clifton StrengthsFinder are Context, Strategic, Empathy, Intellection, and Input.
He is also an active member of the people analytics community, regularly sharing his knowledge and insights at industry events and through my writing. He has also been mentioned in leadersHum as "Top 45 People Analytics Experts You Must Follow In 2022". His journey in the field of Analytics has been well captured by my alma mater upGrad in their #RealStoriesRealImpact campaign.
AGENDA FOR THE GUEST TALK:
- Present scenario in the industry?
- What is people analytics?
- Data collection and analysis techniques?
- Challenges and solutions?
Present scenario in the industry?
- Open AI: It is an AI research and deployment company. The mission is to ensure that artificial general intelligence benefits all of humanity.
- Open Ai makes tasks easy at the same time eliminating the requirement of deep knowledge and understanding in coding(Python, R, etc)
- Can’t rely just on technical knowledge but need to have specialized knowledge in your domain.
- Enhance domain knowledge and learn more about practical applications of data science and machine learning algorithms.
- Recession is on the verge so need to have specialized knowledge of the domain.
- Talent scenario: Salaries aren’t matching up to inflation.
What is People Analytics?
- Data + Tech + Analytics = People
- Also called HR Analytics, Talent Analytics
- Solves people-related issues in the organization.
- Techno Functional expertise required at all.
- Great demand across IT and non-IT sectors
Data Collection & Analysis Techniques
- There are two types of data sources that are referred Internal Employee Data &External Trends
- Data Visualisation tools like Power Bl or Tableau are key skills.
- Recently work has been put into predicting workforce attrition prediction.
- and Salary forecasting
- Attrition prediction remains the number one challenge in the domain.
Challenges and solutions?
- Data Foundation, Integration, Privacy, and Quality- Finding out data is the difficult cause of privacy and integration hampering in quality of the data.
- Support from Business
- Right set of Talent- Difficult to find the right talent who has deep knowledge of the domain.
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation): is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information from individuals.
- Present times call for specialization.
- People Analytics is HR + Analytics.
- People Analytics makes the HR function of the Organization more efficient.
- Very new domain and hence still plagued with challenges.