Lecture was initiated with what is E-commerce. It is the activity of buying or selling of products on online services over the internet.
- There is major three bucket in which e commerce works (B to B), (B to C), (C to C)
- Total current market size of e-commerce industry is 75 billion dollars till 2022. It is projected that till 2026 it will touch to 200 billion dollars.
- Every year it will raise up (30% to 33%)
- Social commerce is use of social media platform like Facebook and Instagram to market and sell the product and services.
In this total market of ecommerce logistics total cost is 13%-14%
- Order Selling processes.
3PL (PARTY LOGISTICS)
- Is an organisation use third party business to outsource elements of its distribution, warehousing, and fulfilment services.
Blue Dart also works as TPL and follows HUB & SPOKE Model
- Hub is a centralised warehouse and shipment system and spoke represent a direction of delivery.
- Currently in Mumbai Blue Dart is having 6 Hubs and 60 spokes.
- In India 220 Hubs and 2800 spokes.
- It is "the process of moving goods from their typical final destination for the purpose of capturing value, or proper disposal. RTO (RETURN TO ORIGIN) moves goods from customers back to the sellers or manufacturers.