OM & SCM Department , ITM Business School , Kharghar Guest Session on EPC, Project Planning and Control
About the speaker:
Mr. Sudhakar Chillarige is a graduate in Mechanical engineering from Osmania University, Hyderabad. He is a certified Lead Auditor – quality Assurance with exposure to Nuclear Industry. He is currently working as a consultant in Jacobs Offices at Casablanca in Morocco (North West Africa). Previously Mr. Chillarige worked in Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) – was associated with the design, build and operation of a pilot plant for producing elemental phosphorus from rock phosphate. He is a receiver of many awards and has many accomplishments in his name. Some of them are listed below:
Awards and Achievements:
- Recipient of Gold Medal for being first in the School Board exam in 1969
- Won the Jacobs Master Builder Award in year 2000, for the best project execution amongst all the Jacobs offices globally - Best in class from - Client Satisfaction, Cost, Schedule, Quality and Safety performance.
- Presented a paper in 2013, in the international conference on “Refinery Technology meet “on the subject of “Use of Laser Technology in complex Revamp projects “at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- Worked as a faculty for teaching “Project Management “subject for one semester for the Post graduate diploma in Management - students of ITM college of Management at Kharghar in Navi Mumbai.
- Guest lectures -
i. L&T - Management Training Institute at Lonavala
ii. PHD Chamber of commerce at Delhi – on Quality Assurance
iii. VJTI – Faculty on Quality Management.
iv. Lloyds Register of Quality Assurance – on Project Management
Overview of the session:
- Overview on EPC execution principles & approach
- Better understanding of EPC framework
- Risk management
- Project Planning & Cost Control
- Impact of Covid on Construction Projects
All the students as well as staff from Operations Management and Supply Chain Management (OM&SCM) joined for session.
Mr. Sudhakar first started the session by describing what is project management, how work process is done and how the project plan is implemented. After that he moved on to project execution methods and EPC. He talked about the accuracy range, various frameworks, contracting, risk management and project planning and scheduling. To summarise the session, he talked about the impact of COVID-19 on various industries and how we can cope up with that. Overall, it was a great learning for such an experienced person.
It was great learning from Mr. Chillarige. We learned about the various aspects of project planning and controlling, various tools and techniques and are now intrigued to implement it in various processes. We all thank Mr. Sudhakar Chillarige for giving us such knowledge.