Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Financial Management Post-Graduate Diploma (Financial)
The AICTE and Ministry of HRD (Govt. of India) Approved PGDM Program in Banking & Finance was developed by faculty with academic and industrial expertise, as well as managers and leaders with whom we regularly interact. These professionals know the industry inside and out, and they keep the finance course up to date every year.
The first year of Financial Management education covers all of the functional areas that make up a firm, such as marketing, accounting, human resource management, and economics. Your topics in the second year tend to be more focused on preparing you to excel in banking and finance.
Following the conclusion of your PGDM in Finance Management, you will be selected for campus placement by some of the best organizations looking for smart and knowledgeable executives. The corporations could be well-known banks. It's possible that they're fast-moving consumer goods corporations. They could also be solely financial services firms.
Who should pursue a Postgraduate Finance management diploma?
In terms of content and strategy for preparing students for management and leadership roles, MBAs and PGDMs are very similar. PGDM, on the other hand, is seen as a superior alternative for individuals who want to learn more about the practical side of running a business, whether it's a start-up, a small business, an MNC, or anything in between. Even IIMs provide PGDMs rather than MBAs.
MBAs have their own set of benefits. They're a wonderful choice if you manage your own family business and want to learn more about how to run a firm on a theoretical level. MBAs, of course, provide a certain amount of practical experience. When it comes to corporates, though, PGDM students are preferred.
If you want to pursue a PG in Finance Management, you should do it now.
– You have a natural aptitude for accounting, taxation, and investments
– You wish to work in banks or financial institutions
– You run a family business and want to learn more about finance
– You desire a well-paid job.
What is the PG in Finance (Postgraduate Diploma in Finance Management)?
Working capital management, international finance, mergers and acquisitions, and other essential areas are covered in the post-graduate diploma in financial management (PGDFM).
The Finance technology course covers a wide range of topics, including examining a firm's costs, maintaining an effective balance sheet, and understanding national and international financial concepts and strategies. The curriculum is designed to help students build financial management abilities that are in demand in the workplace.
The duration of a PGDM in Finance program varies depending on the college or institution from where it is taken.
PGDM (Finance) is comparable to MBA (Masters of Business Administration) in Finance; however, PGDM is offered by Autonomous or private institutions whereas MBA can only be offered by Universities or Government Colleges.
Job and Career Prospects PGDFM
Finance is the backbone of any organization, and students who specialize in finance have a plethora of career prospects. With the rapid development in privatization, more and more companies have joined the market, increasing the demand for financial management students. After successfully completing the Finance technology course, a candidate is qualified for a variety of professional opportunities.
The average package or compensation of a PGDM finance is from one of the country's highest-paid sectors. A financial manager can earn between Rs 3-4 lakhs per year on average, or possibly more based on work experience, qualifications, recruiters, and job location.
Salary for a Post Graduate Diploma in Finance Management degree holder
A fresher's pay in this sector might range from Rs 30,000 to 1.5 lakhs per month. The compensation depends on the job type, the organization, and the passing institute. Finance has long been a profitable business, with salaries increasing significantly as people gain expertise.
The industry pays quite well for a PGDM in Finance, and some of the jobs and salaries available are listed below:
Bank Officers are in charge of all financial services tasks within the bank.
between 3 and 5 lakhs
Manager of a bank
This is a high-ranking position in the financial industry. Managers are in charge of assigning tasks and overseeing all financial matters.
Approximately 6 to 7 lakhs
He is in charge of the company's or organization's entire financial management.
70,000 to 900,000
Manager of Finance
All financial transactions are overseen by this person.
between 7 and 12 lakhs
An accountant keeps track of all of a company's financial transactions, including expenses, income, and other transactions.
Approximately 6 to 7 lakhs
Sectors for Recruiting
The following is a list of industries where PGDFM graduates can work:
- Asset management
- Corporate banking
- Credit risk management
- Private equity
- Derivative structuring
- Money management: This entails buying, selling, and carrying corporate bonds, investments, and other financial instruments. Portfolio managers, mutual fund analysts, and hedge fund traders are examples of common jobs.
- Insurance: For financial students, the insurance industry offers numerous prospects. Some frequent careers for PGDM finance students include estimating the insurance of a firm's assets or working as an agent for an insurance company.
- The candidate must have a graduate degree with a minimum qualifying percentage, which varies based on the tests taken or the college to which he wishes to apply.
- Students are shortlisted by some institutes based on their performance on entrance exams such as the CAT, GMAT, XAT, CMAT, and others.
- To be admitted to a college, a candidate must obtain a minimum score based on the college's qualifying cutoff.
The Admissions Procedure
The following is a general admission process for PGDFM courses that is followed by most B-schools:
- Candidates who have completed three or four years of undergrad can apply for a variety of management entrance exams, which vary by college.
- After completing the application, the candidate must pass the entrance exam.
- Various institutions set their cutoffs for different categories based on the number of students who took the entrance exam, and if a candidate's score is higher than the cutoff, he or she can advance with the admissions process.
- Most institutions conduct several sorts of institutional exams of various kinds of capabilities such as GD, after selecting students through written exams. After a written essay writing test, a personal interview is scheduled.
- Finally, all candidates who pass all of these procedures for any given university are contacted by the college.
Topics included in this course
- Principals and practices of management
- Management accounting
- Managerial accounting
- Managerial economics
- Indian banking and financial system
- Management of banking
- Security analysis and portfolio management
- Banking leading policies and procedures
- Project and infrastructure financing
- Capital market
- Accounting system and financial analysis
- Management of bank
- Rural and cooperative banking
- Risk management
- Marketing of banking services
- Banking regulations and laws
- Capital market
- Accounting system and financial analysis
Finance specialization and its scope:
- This area of expertise encompasses all aspects of financial management. Cost accounting, finance management, mergers and acquisitions, and other topics are covered. Students with this expertise have a multitude of options.
- In today's market, the course has a lot of potentials; after completing it, the candidate will be qualified for a variety of employment in areas such as insurance, mutual funds, and loans, among others.
- Candidates can start as a trainee or finance manager in various firms, which will offer doors for subsequent promotions and opportunities to go up the corporate ladder to positions such as finance manager and CFO. All of these positions offer a competitive salary and other benefits.
The need for Finance professionals
Globalization, deregulation, mergers and acquisitions, changes in tax laws, trends in start-up funding and valuations, competition from e-commerce, rapid technological innovations, rise and fall of regimes, rising public expectations, and improved living standards are all forcing every business, big or small, to constantly rethink its business strategies. Finance professionals are continuously researching innovative strategies to add greater value to their firms in the ever-changing business environment. Finance leaders must now think much beyond their traditional responsibilities of financial accounting, auditing, and regulatory reporting. Their job has evolved into something far more dynamic, tough, all-encompassing, intellectually satisfying, and financially lucrative.
Programs for PGDMs Finance is a highly organized, industry-approved degree in which students can choose from up to 12 contemporary electives and develop strong competence in a variety of financial disciplines. The Indian financial sector is primed for rapid expansion, opening up numerous opportunities in practically every field, and students are well-prepared for managerial and leadership roles in this rapidly expanding field. The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, Government of India, has approved the PGDM in Finance as a 2-year Full-Time course. AICTE approved MBA equivalency in 2008, and ASIC, UK has accredited the course since 2014.