Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
The XLRI Jamshedpur conducts an exam every year to choose exceptional young minds who can enroll in various MBA programs. Foreign applicants with GMAT scores are also welcome for admission to the XLRI. One of the most well-known competitive exams, the Xavier's Aptitude Test, is accepted by a number of top elite institutions. The XAT test is very difficult. When you have one month to prepare for this exam, start concentrating on filling in the gaps.
Aspirants have a thorough understanding of all topics relating to decision-making, verbal and logical ability, quantitative ability, and data interpretation by the time they finish their preparation in the last month. Spend this last month studying for practice exams, going over important material, and picking up static GK. Learn how to prepare for the XAT 2022 in the following month by reading this article.
A summary of XAT 2022
The XAT colleges are adept at setting up the test and figuring out which candidates are best suited for management courses. The outcomes of the Xavier Aptitude Test are also taken into account when hiring candidates at a number of other schools. This three-hour test is a requirement for admission to the XAT colleges. Applicants must send individual applications to Associate Institutes other than XLRI. The removal of the essay writing section from the Xavier's Aptitude Test in 2022 will be the biggest change.
XAT 2022 Exam Format
Each section below includes a breakdown and analysis of the XAT 2022 question paper in addition to a description of the difficulty of each question type. The last six years' worth of exam paper ratings are listed below.
- Logic and Verbal Ability:
- The Reading Comprehension section of the Verbal and Logical Ability test consisted of 15 questions and 6 passages.
- The other three passages each had two questions, while three of the passages had three questions each. There were two questions as well as some well-known poems.
- Grammar problems were simple, but problems with poetry and paraphrasing were more challenging.
- Using logic when making decisions:
The XAT 2022's Decision-Making section was a little challenging.
- In this part of the exam, singlets were not allowed.
- There were three questions for each of the seven scenarios. Four of the sections dealt with corporate decisions, while three with moral dilemmas.
- Data interpretation and quantitative aptitude:
- The exam for quantitative ability and data interpretation had 12 DI items and 16 QA questions.
- Geometry, algebra, and arithmetic predominated in the QA exercises.
- This section of the XAT 2022 had four DI sets.
- The segment was generally of a medium difficulty.
- Basic Information
The General Knowledge section was moderately challenging overall.
There were 25 questions from current and historical GK (business, people, and honors) in this section (Economy, Geography, Science, and Technology).
Exam practice and preparation
Utilize the final month of XAT 2022 preparation to its fullest by concentrating on revisions, mock exams, and fortifying weak areas. Your chances of improving your speed and accuracy go up the more practice questions and mock exams you take. To get a good exam percentile overall, try to get the highest score possible in each of the four exam sections.
You can more easily comprehend and interpret difficult Decision Making, Data Interpretation, and Logical Ability exam questions if you frequently take practice exams. Candidates can learn how to answer questions and gauge how much time they spent on each subject by taking practice exams. The higher their mock test scores, the more confident they will feel. You can use it to prepare for actual exams.
Preparation for decision-making and general knowledge.
Only the XAT 2022 will have the Decision Making and General Knowledge sections available. Continue reading for crucial preparation advice on making decisions and general knowledge:
- Follow current events to brush up on your knowledge in general. Learn about current events in politics, the economy, sports, trade, and other areas by reading the news every day. It is preferable to catch up on significant events and accomplishments in the final month before exams if you did not adequately prepare for this section. Give preference to GK yearbooks or annual or biannual business journals. This test's GK section is the simplest and quickest to finish. To answer its 25 questions, you should give yourself no more than 15 minutes. To save as much time as you can, try to answer three or more questions in a minute.
- Making Choices: This section's reasoning is supported by a variety of hypotheses. It is advised to provide all information in the most logical and moral way possible, including that which is related to CSR, transparency, law, and other corporate principles, in order to receive the best grade on this part without wasting much time. It is suggested that you study business case studies and previous test questions if you want to do well in this subject. The decision-making section of the exam consists of 22 questions with multiple choice answers based on sections and paragraphs.
The XAT 2022 Exam Pattern can be viewed.
Before the scheduled date, you should study for the XAT exam. This exam primarily measures decision-making, calculation, cognition, language comprehension, and general knowledge. The Decision-Making section of this exam is distinctive. The only way to prepare for this section since there isn't much study material is to use test questions from previous exams.
There is a sectional time limit on the exam. Exam Part 1 is due in 165 minutes and covers decision-making, verbal and logical ability, quantitative ability, and data interpretation. Exam Part 2 is due in 15 minutes and covers general knowledge. Essay writing was brought back in the XAT of 2022, and part 2's time limit was extended by ten minutes. The exam is challenging to score because of its unique marking methodology. Below is a schedule for the XAT 2022 test.
The XAT 2022 exam is more difficult than in the past. There are 26 questions in each of the verbal and logical ability sections. There are 21 and 27 questions in the decision-making and quantitative ability & data interpretation sections, respectively.