Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Every year, the XLRI Jamshedpur holds an exam to select exceptional young minds who can enroll in different MBA programs. For admission to the XLRI, foreign applicants with GMAT scores are also welcome. Several top elite institutions accept Xavier's Aptitude Test, one of the most well-known competitive exams. The XAT exam is extremely challenging. Start focusing on closing the gaps once you have a month to study for this exam.
All topics pertaining to decision-making, verbal and logical ability, quantitative ability, and data interpretation are thoroughly understood by aspirants by the time they complete their preparation in the final month. During this final month, spend time studying for practice exams, reviewing crucial information, and picking up static GK. Read this article to find out how to get ready for the XAT 2022 in the upcoming month.
An overview of XAT 2022?
The XAT colleges are skilled at organizing the exam and then determining which applicants are most qualified for management courses. A number of other schools' hiring procedures also factor in the results of the Xavier Aptitude Test. The XAT colleges require this three-hour exam as a prerequisite for enrollment. To Associate Institutes other than XLRI, applicants must submit their applications on an individual basis. The biggest change will be the removal of the essay writing portion from Xavier's Aptitude Test in 2022.
Preparation for general knowledge and decision-making.
The Decision Making and General Knowledge sections will only be available on the XAT 2022. For important preparation tips on decision-making and general knowledge, continue reading:
- Keep up with current affairs to brush up on general knowledge. Every day, read the news to learn about current events in politics, the economy, sports, trade, and other areas. If you did not adequately prepare for this section, it is preferable to catch up on significant events and accomplishments in the final month before exams. Give preference to business journals published annually or biannually or GK yearbooks. The GK portion of this test is the easiest and fastest to complete. You should give yourself no more than 15 minutes to answer its 25 questions. Try to respond to three or more questions in one minute to save as much time as possible.
- Making Decisions: The reasoning in this section is based on numerous scenarios. To get the best grade on this part without wasting much time, it is advised to provide all information in the most logical and moral manner possible, including CSR, transparency, legal, and other corporate principles-related topics. If you want to do well in this subject, it is advised that you study business case studies and previous test questions. 22 questions with multiple choice answers based on sections and paragraphs make up the decision-making section of the exam.
Exam preparation and practice
The last month of XAT 2022 preparation should be utilized to the fullest by focusing on revisions, mock exams, and strengthening weak areas. The more practice questions and mock exams you take, the more likely it is that your speed and accuracy will increase. Try to achieve the highest possible score in each of the four portions of the exam to achieve a good exam percentile overall.
Regularly taking practice exams can help you understand and interpret challenging Decision Making, Data Interpretation, and Logical Ability exam questions with ease. By taking practice exams, candidates can learn how to respond to questions and determine how much time they spent on each subject. They will feel more assured as their mock test scores rise. It enables you to practice for a real exam.
Check out the XAT 2022 Exam Pattern.
The XAT exam should be studied before the scheduled date. Decision-making, calculation, cognition, language comprehension, and general knowledge are the main areas tested on this exam. This exam has a unique Decision-Making section. There isn't much study material available for this section, so the only way to get ready for it is to use the question papers from prior exams.
The exam has a sectional time limit. Part 1 of the exam, which covers decision-making, verbal and logical ability, quantitative ability, and data interpretation, is due in 165 minutes; Part 2, which covers general knowledge, is due in 15 minutes. In the XAT of 2022, essay writing was reinstated, and part 2's time limit was increased by ten minutes. Due to its unusual marking system, the exam is difficult to score. The XAT 2022 exam schedule can be seen below.
The XAT 2022 test is harder than in previous years. Each of the verbal and logical ability sections has 26 questions. The decision-making and quantitative ability & data interpretation sections have 21 and 27 questions, respectively.
Exam Format for XAT 2022
The difficulty of each question type is described in each section below, along with a breakdown and analysis of the XAT 2022 question paper. Below is a list of exam paper evaluations from the previous six years.
Logic and Verbal Ability:
- There were 15 questions and 6 passages in the Verbal and Logical Ability test's Reading Comprehension section.
- Three of the passages had three questions each, while the other three each had two questions. There were also two questions and some classic poems.
- Grammar issues were straightforward, but issues with poetry and paraphrasing were more difficult.
Making decisions and using logic:
- The Decision-Making section of the XAT 2022 was a little difficult.
- Singlets were not permitted in this section of the exam.
- Each of the seven scenarios had three questions. Three of the sections dealt with moral conundrums, while four dealt with corporate decisions.
Quantitative ability and data interpretation:
- There were 12 DI items and 16 QA questions on the exam for quantitative ability and data interpretation.
- In the QA exercises, geometry, algebra, and arithmetic dominated.
- There were four DI sets in this area of the XAT 2022.
- In general, the segment was of medium difficulty.
- The general level of difficulty for the General Knowledge section was moderate.
- There were 25 questions from current and historical GK (business, people, and honors) in this section (Economy, Geography, Science, and Technology)