Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
What is Retail Management?
Retail management is the job of checking and managing the day-to-day operations of a retail business with the intent to maximize sales, profits, and customer satisfaction. It involves managing staff and inventory, coordinating various functions and sales strategies, and ensuring an efficient and effective customer experience.
What is Retail Management course?
- Retail management course is an academic program designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage retail businesses.
- These courses cover topics such as marketing, merchandising, inventory management, customer service, and financial management, among others.
- Retail management course is available at the diploma, undergraduate, and postgraduate levels and can be taken both online and offline at universities and colleges.
- Students get to develop skills like leadership, communication, analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, etc.
Types of Retail Management course
Here are some common Retail management courses:
- Diploma in Retail Management - This is a short-term course of about 6 months to 1 year. It aims to equip students with knowledge of the latest retail trends, technologies, and best practices. The course includes fundamental principles of retail management, including merchandising, retail industry, retail formats, retail branding, retail marketing, and retail operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Retail Management - This is a 3-4 year that can be taken after 12th grade. It covers a wide range of topics related to retail management, including marketing, finance, accounting, and human resource management.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Retail Management - This is one to a two-year course that is designed to provide advanced training in retail management. It covers topics such as retail analytics, e-commerce, and supply chain management.
- Master's Degree in Retail Management - This is a two-year postgraduate program that provides in-depth knowledge in a specific subfield of retail management. It focuses on leadership and strategic decision-making.
- Certificate Courses - These are short-term courses that typically last for a few weeks to a few months. They cover specific areas of retail management, such as visual merchandising, retail analytics, and customer service.
How to choose the Right Retail Management Courses
Here is the comparison between Diploma in Retail Management, Bachelors in Retail Management and PGDM in Retail Management.
|Criteria||Diploma in Retail Management||Bachelors in Retail Management||PGDM in Retail Management|
|Duration||6 months - 1 year||4 years||1-2 years|
|Level||Certificate or Diploma||Undergraduate||Postgraduate|
|Course||Fundamentals of Retail Management||Wide Range of Retail Management topics||Advanced Retail Management topics|
|Skills||Fundamental Retail Management skills such as merchandising, inventory management, customer service, and sales management||Wide range of skills such as accounting, marketing, finance, and human resource management||Advanced skills such as retail analytics, e-commerce, and supply chain management|
|Career opportunities||Entry-level jobs in retail management course||Mid-level jobs in retail management course||Senior-level jobs in retail management course|
Benefits of Obtaining a Diploma in Retail Management course
Here are some reasons why you may choose Diploma in Retail Management course:
- A student with a diploma in Retail Management course opens up various job opportunities, including store manager, merchandise planner, and retail buyer, among others.
- The diploma program provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the retail industry, including current trends and best practices.
- Individuals with a diploma in Retail Management course may have higher earning potential compared to those without formal training.
- Students learn about the latest techniques and tools used in retail management, which can help them to become more efficient and effective in their roles.
- The knowledge and skills gained through a diploma in Retail Management course can help individuals to move up the career ladder and take on higher-level roles within the retail industry.
- The program helps individuals to develop skills such as leadership, communication, problem-solving, and strategic thinking, which can be applied to other industries as well.
Skills gained through Diploma in Retail management course
- Students learn how to interact with customers and provide excellent service. They also learn sales techniques and how to close deals.
- They learn to promote their products through marketing campaigns and advertising strategies.
- Students also learn financial management like how to manage budgets, calculate profits and losses, and make financial decisions that benefit the company.
- Students learn about analytical and problem-solving Skills, like analyzing data, identifying problems, and developing solutions that benefit the business.
Roles and Responsibilities in Retail management
- Retail managers are responsible for managing a team of employees, including hiring, training, and scheduling. They must ensure that staff are meeting performance expectations and providing excellent customer service.
- Retail managers are responsible for driving sales and promoting the business through advertising, promotions, and other marketing initiatives.
- Retail managers are responsible for managing the overall operations of the store, including maintaining a clean and organized environment, ensuring compliance with regulations, and managing vendor relationships.
- Retail managers develop long-term plans for the store, including setting goals and objectives, forecasting sales, and developing strategies to achieve those goals.
- They keep track of inventory levels, order new products as needed, and manage inventory control systems to prevent stockouts or overstocks.
- They prepare and present reports to senior management, providing insights into the store's performance and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Retail managers must manage the store's budget and ensure that it is operating within financial guidelines. This includes monitoring sales, expenses, and profit margins.
- They must ensure that customers are satisfied with their shopping experience by providing excellent customer service and addressing any issues that may arise.
The Future of students with a Diploma in Retail Management course
- Store Manager - A Store Manager oversees daily operations, manages staff, and ensures customer satisfaction in a retail store.
- Sales Manager - They are responsible for leading a sales team, developing sales strategies, and achieving revenue goals for a company.
- Visual Merchandiser - Visual Merchandisers are responsible for creating eye-catching displays and arranging products in an aesthetically pleasing manner to attract customers and increase sales in a retail setting.
- Retail Banking Officer- A Retail Banking Officer manages customer accounts, handles financial transactions, and provides guidance on financial products and services to clients.