Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Developing an effective study pattern is crucial for PGDM course students as it sets the foundation for academic success and personal growth. With the correct approach, you can maximise your learning, enhance your understanding of the subject matter, and excel in your program. Take a look at some vital elements to consider when designing your study pattern:
1. Set Clear Goals: Begin by defining your academic goals. What particular outcomes do you want to achieve? Are there any specific areas of focus or skills you want to develop? Setting clear goals helps you stay motivated and gives direction to your studies. PGDM courses need clear goals.
2. Create a Schedule: Design a well-structured study schedule incorporating all your academic commitments, including classes, assignments, and projects. Allocate dedicated time slots for each subject or topic, ensuring a balanced distribution of study hours. PGDM course students must create a good schedule.
3. Prioritise and Organize: Identify the most important tasks or subjects that require immediate attention. Prioritise your studies accordingly to ensure that you cover critical concepts first. Organise your study materials, notes, and resources systematically to save time and minimise distractions. PGDM courses demand your priority.
4. Break it Down: Large volumes of information can be overwhelming. Break down complex subjects into smaller, manageable sections. It enables you to focus on one topic at a time, aiding better understanding and retention of the material.
5. Active Learning Strategies: More than passive reading and memorisation may be required. Engage in active learning strategies such as note-taking, summarising concepts in your own words, creating mind maps, and participating in group discussions. These techniques enhance comprehension and promote critical thinking. PGDM courses need you to study well.
6. Seek Clarity: If you encounter difficulties or have doubts, don't hesitate to seek clarification from professors, classmates, or online resources. Utilise discussion forums, online tutorials, or study groups to enhance your understanding of challenging concepts. Studying PGDM courses requires your full attention.
7. Embrace Practical Application: Management programs often emphasise the practical application of concepts. Look for opportunities to apply theoretical knowledge in real-world scenarios. Case studies, internships, and projects can offer valuable hands-on experience and enhance problem-solving skills. You need to study well to succeed in PGDM courses.
8. Utilise Resources: Use all available resources, including textbooks, academic journals, online platforms, and library facilities. Leverage technology to access e-books, educational videos, and interactive learning tools that can enhance your understanding of complex topics. PGDM courses encourage you to use your study resources to the fullest.
9. Time Management: Effective time management is crucial. Avoid procrastination and allocate specific time slots for studying, breaks, leisure activities, and personal commitments. Stay disciplined and adhere to the schedule you have created. PGDM courses teach you time management.
10. Take Care of Yourself: Remember to prioritise self-care. Maintain a healthy lifestyle by sleeping properly, eating nutritious meals, and exercising regularly. Physical and mental well-being significantly contribute to academic performance and overall productivity.
11. Review and Revise: Review your notes and revise previously covered topics. This helps reinforce your understanding and aids in long-term retention. Set aside dedicated study sessions for revision purposes.
12. Stay Motivated: Maintain a positive mindset throughout your PGDM journey. Celebrate small victories, set realistic expectations, and surround yourself with a supportive network of peers and mentors. Reward yourself for achieving milestones to stay motivated and engaged.
13. Adapt and Flexibility: Be open to adapting your study pattern based on feedback and experience. Recognise that everyone has unique learning styles and preferences. Experiment with various techniques until you find what suits you best. PGDM courses need your adaptability to studies.
Remember, your study pattern should be personalised to suit your needs and learning style. It's essential to strike a balance between academic rigour and personal well-being. Embrace the journey, stay motivated, and embrace continuous learning. Your PGDM experience will equip you with knowledge and skills and shape you into a well-rounded professional ready to embark on a successful career in management.
Which skills will you incorporate while studying PGDM courses?
Studying PGDM courses requires a combination of both technical and soft skills to excel in the program and prepare for a mind-blowing career in management. Here are some critical skills that you should aim to incorporate and develop during your PGDM studies:
Analytical Skills: As a management professional, you need strong analytical abilities to evaluate data critically, make informed decisions, and solve complex problems. Enhance your analytical skills by practising data analysis, logical reasoning, and quantitative techniques.
Communication Skills: Effective communication is crucial in the business world. Improve your verbal and written communication skills, including presenting ideas, articulating thoughts clearly, and engaging in professional discussions. Practice active listening to understand diverse perspectives and collaborate effectively with others. PGDM courses develop your understanding. PGDM in Marketing is one such program that requires this skill.
Leadership Skills: Management roles often require leadership qualities. Develop leadership skills by taking initiative, participating in team projects, and honing your ability to inspire and motivate others. Learn to delegate tasks, resolve conflicts, and provide constructive feedback.
Time Management: Mastering time management is crucial for the demanding workload of a PGDM course. Practice prioritisation, setting goals, and maintaining a schedule. Develop the ability to meet deadlines, balance multiple tasks, and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Problem-solving Skills: Managers often face complex challenges. Sharpen your problem-solving skills by analysing case studies, engaging in brainstorming sessions, and applying critical thinking to propose innovative solutions. Develop a structured approach to problem-solving and practice evaluating risks and alternatives. Every course needs you to have this skill. Be it PGDM in Marketing or PGDM in Business Analytics, this skill is a must.
Teamwork and Collaboration: Business success relies on effective teamwork. Enhance your collaboration by participating in group projects, understanding team dynamics, and valuing diverse perspectives. Foster a cooperative spirit, actively contribute to group discussions, and leverage team members' strengths.
Strategic Thinking: Managers need a strategic mindset to navigate the business landscape. Develop your ability to think critically, anticipate trends, and align decisions with organisational goals. Seek opportunities to analyse business strategies and gain insights into industry trends.
Networking Skills: Building a professional network is invaluable for your career growth. Develop networking skills by attending industry events, engaging with professionals, and leveraging social media platforms like LinkedIn. Cultivate relationships, seek mentorship, and stay updated with industry trends.
Emotional Intelligence: Emotional intelligence plays a crucial role in effective leadership and teamwork. Develop self-awareness, empathy, and the ability to manage emotions. Understand the impact of emotions on relationships and practice effective communication in diverse and challenging situations.
Remember, these skills take time to develop. Cultivating and refining them takes consistent effort, practice, and a growth mindset. Seek opportunities within your PGDM course to enhance these skills through projects, internships, workshops, and extracurricular activities. Continuously strive to improve and adapt these skills throughout your academic journey and beyond, as they will contribute significantly to your success as a management professional.