Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
This exam, which is held every year at Xavier School of Management (XLRI Jamshedpur), provides a doorway to MBA programs at some of the country's leading B-Schools. Due to the addition of a Basic General Knowledge portion, the XAT is considered the most difficult of the MBA tests. XAT is one of the most transparent MBA entrance exams, as it publishes question papers and answer keys, as well as allows students to request a score recount. In the last two years, there have been no significant changes to the XAT marking scheme. It is recommended that you take notice of the most crucial aspects of XAT 2022. To learn what happens after XAT 2022, read the article.
What is the XAT Exam?
The Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is an aptitude test developed by Xavier University. XAT is a national-level management entrance exam held by XLRI, Jamshedpur to admit students to MBA/PGDM programs. . The XAT exam is one of the most popular among MBA candidates because its results are accepted by over 700 colleges across the country, including XLRI, 95 XAT Associates, and the 12 XAMI member institutes. Registration for the XAT exam will begin when the official announcement is released on the official website.
Exam Pattern for XAT 2023
The question paper will be divided into two sections, each with 101 questions, according to the XAT Exam Pattern 2022. To establish a strong preparation approach, it is critical to look over the detailed XAT exam pattern.
- Exam Mode: The XAT is administered in an online CBT format at test centers located in more than 70 Indian cities.
- XAT Exam Medium: The XAT exam is solely given in English.
- Exam XAT Part 1 is 165 minutes long, and Part 2 is 25 minutes long. The total time is 190 minutes (3 hours 10 minutes).
- One essay question is included among the 100 multiple-choice questions.
- Sections: There are five sections in all, divided into two parts. Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation are the three components of Part 1. The second part is divided into two sections: general knowledge and essay writing.
- XAT Marking Scheme: Each correct answer is worth one point, whereas each incorrect response is worth 0.25 points.
Steps To Join Any of XAT Associate Colleges
Candidates who wish to enroll in one of the XAT Associate Institutes must follow the steps outlined below:
- Make a XAT payment and register for XAT 2022 at http://www.xatonline.in.
- Those interested in applying to XLRI and other XAT colleges should visit the appropriate institute's website for further information.
- Examine their application/registration process. Candidates should be aware that XLRI does not certify the quality of XAT Associate Institutes' degrees or programs.
- On the basis of its own demands, each institute determines the weighting to be assigned to each of the test components. XLRI has no involvement in the selection of candidates for these institutes.
XAT 2023 Exam Analysis
Exam analysis for the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is the most crucial thing students should think about as they prepare for this computer-based exam. The exam analysis will include critical information such as the weighting of the sections and the most relevant topics to cover first. This year's XAT organisers decided to remove the essay-writing part. In comparison to past years, the XAT 2022 exam is difficult. There are 26 questions in the verbal and logical abilities areas. There are 21 and 27 questions in the decision-making and quantitative ability & data interpretation portions, respectively. XAT exam date registration will begin when the official announcement is released on the official website.
What after XAT 2023?
Every year, immediately after the results are announced, the selection process begins. The GDPI round, which runs from mid-February to the end of March, is the following round. As previously said, the selection process is the next stage following the XAT exam, and if you've just completed the exam, this is what you should expect as your 'what after XAT' solution.
GDPI preparation is a great way to get the season started.
Even if you have an overall raw score of 35 (95 percentile) or above, if you don't perform well in the soft skill round, your chances of being selected are slim. The GDPI round is a significant venue to filter out the qualified students, with XLRI, its 11 partner institutes, and over 150 other business schools recognizing XAT scores.
The second part of the XAT consists of a group discussion, a personal interview, and an essay writing exercise. With over 1 lakh candidates attempting the exam each year, go ahead and brush up on all the soft skills you'll need to pass the interview round.
Round of Group Discussion
Following the announcement of the XAT results, a candidate must participate in the Group Discussion round, which is the first step in the shortlisting process. It is entirely based on the concept of "Debate," with a small amount of "Extempore" thrown in for good measure. During the GD round, candidates who scored in the required XAT Percentile were divided into groups and given a specific topic/case study to work on. The candidate must go to the heart of the topic or case study, make decisions, and present reasonable viewpoints/arguments on the potential outcomes/repercussions.
The main goal of a group discussion round is to evaluate all of a candidate's significant talents in one sitting, such as decision-making, verbal communication, analytical reasoning, and leadership abilities. You must first assess the probable outcomes before presenting your case to the panel. A moderator who has been specifically appointed for this reason oversees and regulates the group discussion round. He remains silent throughout the round, only raising his voice when the contestants' arguments become heated. The only way to truly prepare for a group debate is to improve your communication and grammar abilities, as well as study current events from across the world. The admissions committee would assign an essay topic to the candidates and give them a set amount of time to complete and submit the essay.
WAT (Written Ability Test):
Written Test Skill, often known as essay writing, is a unique mental ability that can be extremely beneficial during the XLRI shortlisting rounds. Here are a few strategies that could come in handy throughout this round.
1. Maintain a neutral and unbiased tone throughout the essay. Do not place your text in a setting that favours a single entity. Discuss the topic's advantages and disadvantages, and tailor your essay to the topic's importance.
2. When assessing the essay's topic, do not jump to any conclusions. The topic's material may be persuasive, but that does not indicate you will steer it in a specific path. The more you read, the more you remember, and the more at ease you will be throughout the talk.
3. Include supporting facts and numbers in your essay. The more evidence you present for the essay's topic, the more weight it will carry in terms of suitability. It's pointless to keep pounding a dead horse.
4. Make sure the essay outline is appropriately structured. The proper format includes an introductory paragraph that introduces your topic, two-paragraph bodies that state the essay's major objective, and a conclusion that ties everything together.
5. Pay attention to the essay's word count and time constraints. The word restriction ensures that each candidate participating in the essay writing process understands the jury's expectations and is evaluated fairly. It also encourages a student to make his or her essay concise, ensuring that the correct information is conveyed.
Interview with an individual
Seek professional help if you believe you require it.. Don't be hesitant; conduct your research and enrol at a reputable institution. Walking with the help of a good mentor makes a great difference and has a significant impact on any form of preparation. The same may be said for XAT candidates. If you're confident, but there's even a speck of uncertainty that you won't be able to do better on your own, seek professional assistance. Taking risks with your job on the line is a dangerous thing to do. Seek complete professional assistance to maximise call conversion.
Studies in general
Begin with a firm foundation in General Studies. This area is at the heart of the second round's three sections (GD, PI, and essay writing). Candidates for the XAT are expected to have basic general knowledge and awakened general awareness. Lacking in this field is just too dangerous a risk for anyone to take.
What's going on in the national and international arenas right now
The economy and business
Social issues, for example.
If you believe you require professional assistance, seek it. Don't be hesitant; conduct your research and enroll at a reputable institution. Walking with the help of a good mentor makes a great difference and has a significant impact on any form of preparation. The same may be said for XAT candidates. If you're confident, that's great, but if you have any doubts that you won't be able to perform better on your own, seek professional assistance. Taking risks with your job on the line is a dangerous thing to do. Seek complete professional assistance to maximise call conversion.
There is no limit to how many times you can take the XAT exam. The XAT is only held once a year. As a result, candidates are eligible to take the XAT every year if they meet the other minimum eligibility conditions.