Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Ultimate guide for GMAT Preparation from scratch
All you need to know about GMAT preparation
GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test, it is the most common test used by most of the business schools to evaluate the candidates performance. There are some crucial aspects listed below which you need to consider before GMAT Preparation. They are:
- Educational Qualification
- UG Program
- Instruction medium
- Number of attempts
GMAT consists of four sections namely Analytical writing, Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning and Integrated Reasoning
Purpose of Graduate Management Admission Test
It is the only generalized exam which is particularly designed for admission to these programs. The business schools trust these exams and these exams set a standard with which a candidate's academic performances can be anticipated. Students also wonder whether Graduate Management Admission Test or GRE should be taken up for admissions to these business schools. GMAT preparation is done as it is specifically designed to gain access to graduate programs across almost all subjects including MBA.
What can you do with a Graduate Management Admission Test?
The scores after qualifying for Graduate Management Admission Test can get you places like the merit based scholarship and also getting the best job in demand after the business school which can be quite expensive. If the GMAT preparations are done right, the candidates who plan to take admission to these expensive business schools can think of other alternatives to secure a place in these schools. That is either by taking student loans or by using up your saved money for this enriching education you had been dreaming about. GMAT preparation needs to be done only if one exclusively wants to seek admissions to a graduate business program. Over 2100+ institutions across the globe accept Graduate Management Admission Test scores for admission into their top management programs
Graduate Management Admission Test Fees
Graduate Management Admission Test costs around 18,500 INR. If the students appearing for Graduate Management Admission Test wish to reschedule their exam or change the center of their examination then an additional fee will be charged. Also, if the students don't make it to the examination for any reasons the amount will not be refunded.
Syllabus for GMAT preparation
It comprises of four different sections namely:
- Verbal Reasoning- It contains MCQ’s
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Integrated Reasoning
- Analytical Writing
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit for taking the Graduate Management Admission Test. Anyone is eligible to participate in this examination provided the below mentioned details are fulfilled
- Its either undergraduate students in their final year or experienced working professionals who opt for Graduate Management Admission Test
- You need to have a graduation degree from any discipline/ stream (Science, Commerce, Arts) from a recognised university.
Attempts for Graduate Management Admission Test
GMAT preparation should be done in such a way that you clear your exam in one go, though this exam is hard to clear, you still have multiple attempts for the exams. A Graduate Management Admission Test score is valid for up to a period of 5 years
A few conditions relating to the number of attempts are stated below:
- Graduate Management Admission Test can be taken once every 16 calendar days
- Not more than 5 attempts in a 12 month period
- Not more than 8 attempts in a lifetime
- If you score the highest i.e. 800, you must still wait for 5 years for your next attempt
The results can be unofficially seen right after you submit your exam.
You can either accept or reject your scores.
- If you are satisfied with your performance and you accept the marks then the scores will be available officially after three weeks of the exams and will be set to your best 5 chosen business schools that you opted for during filling the form and paying the fees.
- If you are dissatisfied with your marks then you have the option to cancel your score and go for a reattempt
Marking system in Graduate Management Admission Test
The answer is ‘NO’. So the students can relax while GMAT preparations can be taken without stressing. But you need to complete all your answers within the stipulated time allotted for each section or else your scores might be affected.
Graduate Management Admission Test scores of 800 being the highest and 200 the lowest, average scores are between 400 to 600 that a student scores. Graduate Management Admission Test is hard to score and a very small percentage of scores go beyond 700.
After Graduate Management Admission Test scores are out then you can shortlist various programs you want to get into and send in your application to those business schools. Your application will be evaluated on the basis of your application form, your purpose statement, interview and your letter of recommendation. All the best!
GMAT Preparation material
The list is in abundance when GMAT Preparation is concerned
- Video lectures
- Live Webinars
- Practise questions
- One to one doubt solving by experts
You can master your GMAT preparation with a strategic approach to solve your question paper. You can either self-study or take an online course, the choice is yours to take.
Graduate Management Admission Test practice test includes automatic scoring and gives answers to all questions with explanations.
For the GMAT preparation, Along with Graduate Management Admission Test practice tests there are additional free tests from reputable sources. They are:
- Magoosh Graduate Management Admission Test Practice Test
- Kaplan Graduate Management Admission Test Practice Test
- Tutor Me Math’s Graduate Management Admission Test Success exam
- Sample Graduate Management Admission Test questions
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test Starter kit
There are more study guides and resources available apart from the ones mentioned above. They are as follows:
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test Handbook
- Complete guide to the Graduate Management Admission Test
Study Tips for GMAT preparation
- Focus on studying in a smart way rather than the traditional hard way method
- Study one section at a time and put your energy and focus on the section which you are not good at
- Study when you are in an alert mode and keep your schedule of studying flexible
- GMAT preparation should be done in a way as to keep pace with time as this exam is time based
- You need to take as many practice tests as possible for GMAT preparation which will increase your chances of scoring the highest marks
All the best!