Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
The number of students pursuing management courses after completing their essential graduation degree in India has increased dramatically. Taking the MAT exam gives you an edge over others. Dive in for details.
There are numerous benefits to passing the MAT exam. Students who want to pursue an MBA or postgraduate management studies should take the exam. The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is an excellent way to gain admission to the top MBA colleges in India. Every year, approximately 3 lakh candidates take the Management Aptitude Test (MAT), making it one of the most popular management entrance exams for candidates wishing to pursue an MBA in India.
Benefits of the MAT exam
Here are seven benefits of the MAT exam for aspiring students-
Top B-schools accept MAT exams
The almost universal acceptance of MAT scores by top B-Schools in India is the most significant advantage for taking the exam. The MAT is accepted by over 600 MBA colleges in India, making it one of the country's most popular MBA entrance exams. Furthermore, MBA colleges that accept MAT scores for admission offer a variety of popular, emerging, and niched specializations.
Easy than other MBA entrances
The MAT examination is relatively easy compared to major MBA entrance exams such as the CAT, XAT, IIFT, SNAP, CMAT, and NMAT. The MAT question paper has five sections which are as follows-
- Language Comprehension
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Mathematical Skills
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Indian & Global Environment
Most of these subjects are already covered in the syllabus of other MBA entrance exams, so no additional preparation is required for the MAT exam. The simple question paper design and the well-defined MAT syllabus make it easier for aspirants to pass the exam. Because of the exam's simplicity, an MBA aspirant who scored around 70% in CAT can easily expect to do much better in MAT.
Every year, many MBA aspirants score 800/800 on the exam, lending credence to the claim that MAT is easier to pass than the CAT, IIFT, and XAT.
One can use MAT exam 2022 scores for a year
MAT scores can be compared and used to advance in the merit ranking when applying for admissions to various reputed institutes across the country, among other things. As previously stated, MAT outperforms the other exams in terms of scores. A chance to improve your grade point average in the same year with
MAT Examination is held quarterly (four times) in a single year, unlike any other entrance exam held once, implying that students must adhere to a flexible routine and schedule to ace the exam and secure a higher ranking on the merit lists. MAT is affiliated with over 245 colleges and is one of the renowned management exams held each year, with many candidates competing.
Many modes of exams
While one can take most other management entrance exams online, the MAT is offered in three formats- computer-based (CBT), paper-based (PBT), and internet-based (IBT). It is a relief for many candidates who are still apprehensive about taking an online, computer-based test. Candidates can also take the exam in both formats.
Convenient fee payment
Many candidates would prefer to make online payments, even though most entrance exams require them to pay the application fees online via the integrated payment gateway. MAT provides candidates with three payment options: online (debit/credit cards and net banking), offline, and cash payment for physical application forms collected from the MAT office.
The MAT exam pattern is straightforward and well-structured. They have sections for Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Logical Reasoning, Data Analysis, India, and Global Environment, and the pattern is as follows-
|Sr. No||Section||No. of questions||Time for each question (approximate)|
|3||Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|4||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|5||Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
Furthermore, MAT allows you to solve the paper in either online (computer) or offline mode (Pencil and OMR). Students benefit from this because they can use whichever mode they prefer.
Higher acceptance rate
Over 600+ management institutes in India accept MAT scores, with 150+ participating institutes. This provides an excellent opportunity for candidates to gain admission to one of the better institutes based on their performance.
MAT exam syllabus
The MAT syllabus is divided into four sections- Language Comprehension, Data Analysis, Mathematical Skills, Data Sufficiency, and Intelligence and Critical Reasoning. Look at the table below for a section-by-section breakdown of the MAT 2022 exam syllabus. Aspirants preparing for the MAT exam 2022 for the December session should review all the important chapters and topics that need coverage.
|MAT exam section||Important topics|
|Language Comprehension||Reading comprehension, Sentence correction, Idioms and Phrases, Verbal Ability, Para Jumbles, Fill in the blanks, Word Substitution, Antonyms, Synonyms, etc.|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||Caselet-based Data, Tables, Charts, Pie Charts, Venn Diagrams, Graphs, Bar Diagrams, Data Sufficiency, Data Comparison, etc.|
|Mathematical Skills||Number System, Algebra, Mensuration and Geometry, Percentage, Trigonometry, Number System, Set Theory, LCM & HCF, Inequalities, etc.|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||Coding, Blood Relations, Decoding, Numeric Grid, Family Tree, Calendars, Visual Reasoning, Syllogism, Clocks, etc.|
MAT 2022 registration
Candidates should ensure that they meet the MAT eligibility criteria before registering for MAT 2022, as any discrepancy in information will hold candidates accountable. Things to remember about MAT registration 2022-
- The MAT registration process is entirely online, with no application forms available to candidates in any mode.
- For CBT, PBT, and IBT modes, the MAT application process is the same.
- Candidates must go to the AIMA's official website to complete the MAT application form.
Here are the preparation tips for the MAT exam-
- Read the best books for MAT exam preparation, magazines, newspapers, and online blogs daily to improve reading and comprehension skills and stay current on national and international issues.
- Practice MAT question papers, sample papers, and online mock tests to improve speed and accuracy while becoming acquainted with the test format.
- Analyze your preparation level regularly to understand your strengths and weaknesses in each section of the MAT syllabus.
- To do well in the exam, prioritize topics that carry more weight in each MAT section.
- Time management is essential for answering as many questions as possible on the MAT, so don't waste time on tricky or difficult questions.
MAT exam day guidelines
- Candidates for the MAT IBT mode must prepare a laptop or desktop and test their internet connection at least one hour before the exam.
- Candidates should dress formally for the MAT IBT mode and have their admit card and other documents ready for remote verification.
- The MAT PBT and CBT are held from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM. Candidates must arrive at the exam center by 8:30 a.m.
- If candidates take the exam in PBT mode, they should bring a blue or black ballpoint pen.
- Phones, calculators, electronic watches, and other similar items are not permitted at the exam center, so candidates must ensure that they do not bring any such items on exam day.
- A digital or photocopy of your MAT admit card will not be accepted as valid ID proof, so bring the original copy.