Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
The Detailed Guide to PGDM Courses after Graduation
What is PGDM?
- PGDM or Post Graduate Diploma in Management is a two-year full-time postgraduate program in management that is conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- PGDM programs are offered by autonomous institutions and B-schools, which are not associated with any university. So, their curriculum and course structure is more flexible.
- The course teaches student management and leadership skills in various areas like finance, human resources, marketing, and operations.
- Students receive a diploma in management, which has great importance to employers in the corporate sector.
Importance of PGDM courses after graduation
The PGDM is a very demanding course, especially for students who want to take their career in the direction of management. Here’s why a student should opt for PGDM after completing their undergraduate degree:
- The courses are flexible, and students from any stream can join this course. The course structure is very general and suitable for students from any field. So, it doesn't matter which bachelor’s degree you have; you just need to have the required percentage.
- PGDM courses are highly valued by employers in the corporate sector. They have more exposure than students with just a regular undergraduate degree. They are eligible for a wide range of job roles in various industries, including banking, finance, marketing, IT, and consulting.
- PG courses will help students acquire vast knowledge on different subjects instead of one specific subject, as this is the combination of streams like Economics, Finance, Management etc.
- PG courses emphasize practical learning through case studies, group discussions, and projects. This enables students to develop problem-solving and decision-making skills, which are highly valued in the corporate sector.
- The demand for managers is increasing each day, and thus there's so much scope in the career.
Types of PGDM course
There are three types of courses under PGDM, i.e. full-time, online, and distance. Here are the details:
Full Time PGDM
- Under this 2-year diploma course, students get to know about industrial standards.
- The course is offered by some of the top colleges in India, however, apart from them, IIMs also provide students with PGDM courses.
- The admissions for the courses are done through entrances like CAT, MAT, SNAP etc.
- Unlike full-time, these online courses are short termed and are offered by various online platforms.
- It helps the student know and understand topics that are not included in their syllabus.
- As it is offered online, students need not hurry and can learn things at their own pace. It also reduces travel costs.
- These online courses are more affordable as compared to offline classes.
- Distance education is a method of education that allows students to learn remotely without traditional classroom-based lectures and is also affordable.
- It is great for students who are simultaneously working and studying.
- The program is delivered through various digital platforms, such as online learning portals, video conferencing, webinars, and other forms of digital communication.
Eligibility criteria for PGDM
The eligibility criteria for PGDM courses vary from college to college. But here are some general criteria that a student should meet to pursue a PGDM.
- Even though a Bachelor of Business Administration has more benefits due to its clearer basics, a student with any bachelor's degree is eligible for the PGDM.
- A student must pass his Bachelors from a recognized university with at least 45 per cent in his bachelor’s. This percentage may vary from college to college.
- The entrance exam is very important for admission. A candidate must pass the entrance exam, personal interview, and other college requirements.
PGDM Admission process
- The PGDM admission process also varies from college to college. Some colleges consider the academic performance in the Bachelor's Degree, and some others consider the performance in the entrance exam conducted by the university.
- Usually, admission is through merit-based entrance exams for PGDM, that is conducted by the university
- Direct admissions are also possible in some universities. Students apply for admission, fill out the admission form, and submit the required documents.
Common Entrance Tests for PGDM
Curriculum and course fee structure
- PGDM is a 1-2 year course for students to pursue a career in management.
- The cost of a PGDM course varies according to the institution. Where private colleges charge high course fees, government colleges charge a minimal amount.
- The course fee of PGDM can range between 1- 20 lakhs.
Here are the subjects in the PGDM course details
|Organizational Behavior||Basics of Marketing||Statistics and Quantitative Techniques|
|Economics & Social Sciences||Production & Operations Management||Strategic Management|
|Theory of Management||IT Skills Lab||Management Information Systems|
|Business Law & Corporate Governance||Research Methodology||International Business|
|Finance & Accounting||Managerial Economics||Business Ethics And Communication|
Career options after PGDM
PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) is a highly valued degree that opens up a wide range of career opportunities in various industries. Here are some of the popular career options after PGDM:
- Business Development Manager- A Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities for the company.
- Financial Analyst- A Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing financial data, preparing financial reports, and providing recommendations to senior management.
- Marketing Manager- A Marketing Manager is responsible for creating and implementing marketing strategies to promote the company's products or services.
- Supply Chain Manager- A Supply Chain Manager is a professional who is responsible for managing the entire supply chain process of a company. The supply chain process involves the flow of goods and services from the raw material stage to the final delivery to the end customers.
- Entrepreneur- PGDM graduates have a broad knowledge of various topics. So, students with an entrepreneurial mindset can start their own businesses and become successful entrepreneurs.
Top recruiters for PGDM courses
- JP Morgan
Preparation for PGDM courses
- Having a good academic career is a benefit during the PGDM coach admission process, especially good marks in your bachelor's degree.
- For the entrance exam, start by understanding the syllabus and going through the exam pattern to learn about the types of questions and marking schemes.
- Practice a lot of previous year's papers and sample papers, and attempt the mock test.
- Learn to manage your time, as it is very important during the exam.
- Make a study plan and stick to it, as it will make your preparation more disciplined.
- Never skip revisions, as they help in the retention of information.
- Don't waste your time on tough questions; skip them and attempt them later in the exam.