Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
If you are considering pursuing a professional course in marketing, there may be many options available that can have you wondering which is the best course for you.
The industry of Digital Marketing and Marketing Management is constantly on the rise, with numerous countries all over the world embracing the new-found power of technology. With more than 60% of the world active on the internet, the potential that technology can play in the development of a brand is clear and actionable.
Conventional marketing has now taken on the tools of technology and become a global industry valued at approximately 290-310 billion dollars as per 2019 reports.
Therefore, jumping onto the bandwagon of opportunities that are presented with this industry could require you to make a decision on finding the best marketing management course. However, with a plethora of opportunities available in professional programs in Digital Marketing, making the right choice might pose a problem.
Choosing the course that is most suited to your needs and is offered by an accredited university is essential. The right course can allow you to build a firm foundation for the development of relevant knowledge and skills. Ensuring that your degree is of value in the industry can facilitate career growth and development in the long run.
To help ease your decision making process with regard to postgraduate marketing courses, listed below are 5 pointers that you can keep in mind to find the right option.
1. Understand what your objective is and what is required in the course
- This is one of the first steps towards making a well-informed decision. To be able to recognize which course is beneficial for your needs, it is imperative to answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to learn the course?
- What are the goals that you wish to accomplish with this course?
- What are your expectations after completion of the course?
- What do you wish to do with the knowledge and skills that you have acquired?
- The purpose behind undergoing a course from an institute of marketing and management needs to be understood prior to beginning the application process. You also need to recognize what you wish to accomplish, after the completion of the course.
- You may be looking to either start a venture of your own, or join forces with recognized names within the industry. Understanding what you wish to do with the knowledge and skills you have acquired can help you make a sound decision.
- Answering the above questions can provide insights into a course that can help you achieve your professional goals. For instance, a PGDM in Marketing can be a good course to consider if you are looking to enter the field with a relevant set of skills.
- PGDM courses in marketing are characterized by a syllabus and course structure that is reflective of current industry trends and scenarios. Therefore, after the completion of a PGDM course, many choose to apply for job opportunities at renowned digital marketing agencies across the world.
2. Choose a course that has a syllabus that is continually updated
- Many may face issues related to finding a course with an updated syllabus, when sifting through all the options. It is imperative for aspirants to look at the modules and structure of every course they are considering, in detail.
- Ensuring that your chosen PGDM in Marketing course is contemporary and comprehensive can allow you to keep yourself up-to-date with all the relevant skills of the industry. An example - if you are considering pursuing a course on Content Marketing, is it important to understand whether the course talks of latest methodologies or not. A course syllabus that is centred on traditional methods of marketing can prove to be a deterrent in the development of skills.
- Given that the field of Digital Marketing is constantly growing and evolving, with newer, more novel methods of promoting brands arising almost every week, ensuring that the course syllabus is updated is crucial.
- Another aspect to take into consideration is what the facets of Digital Marketing involved in the course are. A comprehensive PGDM in Marketing course should encompass all the components of Digital Marketing such as content marketing, search engine optimization, social media marketing and email marketing.
3. Take a look at how long it will take you to complete the course and what the expected assignments are
- All courses have one essential component which is regular assessments on how a student is learning and progressing. A good and professional marketing course should have a well-designed schedule of assignments that check a student’s performance on every level.
- It is also important for a PGDM in Marketing course to offer real-life projects and case studies that can provide students with an understanding of how the practical world works. This can give you the much needed exposure to fuel a better perspective of the industry and its functioning.
4. What would you like to do? A more general course, or a specialized course?
- Choosing what kind of course you want to pursue can help you achieve your professional goals. You could be interested in becoming a full-time marketing consultant, start a new venture that would require knowing about Digital Marketing or join an existing agency or department within an organization. to implement new marketing strategies.
- A general Digital Marketing course will provide you with a solid foundation on all aspects of the industry. This is a course that will provide you with an all-rounded set of skills so you are aware of the available opportunities. These courses will provide general ideas on all the components of the industry.
- A specialized PGDM in Marketing course will teach you the skills relevant to a particular niche in the industry. You will be equipped with the knowledge required to execute tasks and deliver results in your chosen specialization.
- If you are looking to pursue a job in this field, undergoing a specialization course can prove to be beneficial. However, if you are looking to gain an overall understanding of how the industry works before specializing in a specific aspect, a general program would be the way to go.
5. The pricing of the modules
- Once you have identified which course you would like to pursue and the university you want to apply to, weigh the course fees with the modules offered. This can give you an understanding of what you will be paying and receiving in exchange for your money, time and efforts.
- Reputed universities should have a breakdown of the course fees into modules and prices per module. Comparing the different prices for each component of the syllabus and the overall cost of the course can help you make the right choice.
- Keeping these above tips in mind can help you choose a course that most serves your needs and can be fruitful in the long run. However, choosing the right course alone is not sufficient.
- It is important to choose the right institute to pursue the selected PGDM in Marketing course from. The institute you choose to enroll yourself in can have a significant impact on the development of your career.
- You can therefore choose a good university by recognizing what the legacy of the school is. From factors like alumni, recognition, references and history, you will be able to understand what the quality of the university, and subsequently your degree, is.
- The faculty of the university is also a significant contributor to the value of your degree. All universities will have pages dedicated to their faculty. Researching who your lecturers will be and what their position is in the industry can help significantly enhance your decision-making process.
- You should also consider what the training approach employed by the university is. The industry of marketing requires highly-practical training with a firm base in theories. Therefore, a good institution will spend a significant portion of the semester on giving students practical exposure. This will facilitate learning to a greater extent.
- The placement opportunities provided by the university should also be considered. Take a look at what at the companies who come for placements to the university and whether the alumni secure good jobs in the industry. The university should be able to assist you with finding a job, even if you do not secure one immediately. An institute that is able to provide the latter service will be an ideal choice for you.
- Finally, it is important to look at how the industry recognizes your certification. What is the recognition of your certification in the market? Try to discern what the competitiveness of alumni are as well. You can reach out to the alumni via social media platforms. Also ensure that you have recognized what the certification authority or body is. A well-reputed certification can go a long way in promoting career growth and development.
- Making sure that you target all these above aspects can help you make the right choice with regard to your PGDM in Marketing course and university. Keep in mind what you wish to seek from the course and university and where you aim to be professionally in the long run, and you will be able to make a sound and rational decision. Reach out for support from resources on the internet and you should be good to go!