Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
What is PGDM Marketing
- PGDM in Marketing refers to a postgraduate diploma in management with a specialization in marketing.
- The program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the principles and practices of marketing and prepare them for a career in various marketing-related roles.
- The PGDM in Marketing program covers topics such as consumer behaviour, market research, product management, advertising, sales management, digital marketing, and branding.
- The program is usually two years in duration and is offered by various management institutes and business schools in India.
- PGDM in Marketing equips students with the skills required to succeed in a competitive marketing environment, such as strategic thinking, communication, analytical abilities, and problem-solving.
Importance of PGDM in marketing for career advancement
PGDM in Marketing is a highly specialized course after graduation that provides students with a deep understanding of marketing concepts, tools, and techniques.
- PGDM in Marketing provides students with a comprehensive understanding of marketing concepts and techniques. This knowledge is essential for professionals who wish to pursue a career in marketing, as it equips them with the skills to make informed decisions and execute effective marketing strategies.
- Many PGDM in Marketing programs offer students hands-on experience through projects, case studies, and internships. This exposure to real-world marketing scenarios helps students develop practical skills and gain insights into the marketing industry.
Eligibility Criteria for PGDM in Marketing
Here are the eligibility criteria for pursuing a PGDM course in marketing:
- A student should have completed his bachelor's degree from a recognised University.
- Students from any stream are eligible for the course.
- Students should have 50% marks in their 12th grade.
Benefits of pursuing PGDM in Marketing
Here are some of the benefits of pursuing a PGDM in Marketing:
- It provides students with ample opportunities to network with industry experts, marketing professionals, and alumni. This networking can be helpful for career advancement, as it can lead to vast job opportunities and other professional connections.
- PGDM in Marketing is a highly respected and sought-after degree, which can enhance the career prospects of graduates. This program equips students with the skills and knowledge required to succeed in a variety of marketing-related roles and can open up doors to new and exciting career opportunities.
- Graduates of these programs can expect to earn higher salaries even without a specialized degree. The deep knowledge and expertise gained through the program can lead to higher-paying roles.
- PGDM in Marketing equips students with the skills and knowledge required to start and run their own businesses. The program provides students with a strong foundation in marketing concepts and strategies, which can be applied to various entrepreneurial ventures.
PGDM in Marketing vs. MBA in Marketing
- The PGDM in Marketing program focuses more on practical skills, case studies, and industry-specific knowledge. On the other hand, an MBA in Marketing program is more comprehensive in nature and covers a broad range of business topics.
- The duration of a PGDM in Marketing program is typically 1-2 years, while an MBA in Marketing program usually takes 2-3 years to complete.
- PGDM in Marketing programs often have close ties with industry partners and provide ample opportunities for internships, live projects, and industry visits. MBA in Marketing programs, on the other hand, often have a more academic focus and less industry exposure.
Admission Process for PGDM in Marketing
The admission process varies from college to college. Here are some general steps for admission.
- Admission is done through a qualifying entrance exam, that is merit based. Some of the exams include MAT, XAT, and CAT.
- Candidates should crack the entrance exam to get into the institute to pursue the course.
- Students are called for a group discussion or a personal interview round only when they clear the entrance exam.
- The selection is based on the overall performance which includes the exam as well as the interview round.
- While some colleges require graduation scores, some private colleges give direct admission based on management quota, without an entrance exam.
Skills gained through PGDM in Marketing
- Students will learn how to think strategically and develop marketing plans that align with the overall business objectives.
- You will learn how to conduct market research to identify customer needs and preferences and use the insights to create effective marketing strategies.
- Students will learn brand management and how to manage and promote brands, create brand awareness, and develop brand loyalty.
- One of the most important skills students will learn is digital marketing. You will learn to handle social media, email marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and pay-per-click advertising.
- You will learn sales management including lead generation, qualification, and closing.
- Students will develop strong communication skills, including the ability to create compelling marketing messages and deliver persuasive presentations.
- You will learn how to analyse marketing data and use the insights to optimize marketing campaigns.
- Lastly, you will develop leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire a team, delegate tasks effectively, and manage conflicts.
Career Advancement and Job Opportunities
Here are some job opportunities for a student pursuing a PGDM in marketing:
- Market Research Analyst- They conduct research and analyze data to help companies understand market trends, consumer preferences, and competitors. They use various methods like surveys, interviews, and focus groups to gather information and provide insights that help companies make informed decisions.
- Marketing Communications Manager- They develop and execute strategies for communicating with customers and stakeholders across various channels, such as social media, email, and events.
- Marketing Executive- A Marketing Executive develops and executes marketing campaigns to promote products or services and increase brand awareness. This may involve conducting market research, identifying target audiences, and developing messaging and creative materials to promote products or services.
- New Product Manager- A New Product Manager is responsible for the development and successful launch of new products or services. They conduct market research to identify customer needs, collaborate with cross-functional teams and create a roadmap for bringing the product to market.
- Advertising Manager- They develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote products or services and increase brand awareness. They also collaborate with creative teams to create compelling ads and manage budgets.