Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
What are post graduation courses?
- Post graduation courses are the advanced courses that students can choose after finishing their undergraduate degree.
- These courses are more specialised and research-oriented and aim to prepare students for higher-level careers or research.
- Under the Post graduation courses, students acquire knowledge as well as training in a particular field.
- Post graduation courses are offered by various universities and institutes across the world, and they can be pursued in various fields such as business, science, engineering, humanities, and social sciences.
- Post graduation courses are usually of two years duration, but some courses may have a longer or shorter duration depending on the subject and university.
Why go for post graduation courses?
Here are the reasons why students would take up post graduation courses after their graduation:
- Post graduation courses allow students to acquire knowledge in a specific field of study. This helps in gaining expertise in the selected subject.
- A post graduation degree or diploma offers better job opportunities, high-paying packages, promotions, and more senior positions.
- It helps in developing new skills.
- Post graduation gives opportunities for research and thesis writing, thereby allowing students to develop new ideas and knowledge in their field.
- Post graduation courses can also provide students with opportunities to network with industry experts, researchers, and professionals in their respective fields.
- Nowadays, the demand for post graduation diplomas and degrees is high, making them important for getting jobs.
Types of postgraduate courses
- Post graduation degree programs - These academic programs aim to give students in-depth and detailed knowledge in a particular field. To pursue this, a student needs to have a bachelor's degree in the selected field. There are different types of postgraduate degree programs that include Master's degrees, Doctoral degrees, and professional degrees.
- Post graduation diploma programs- These programs are given by universities to students who have completed their graduation. Postgraduate diploma programs are available in a wide range of fields, including business, the humanities, engineering, the social sciences, etc. However, these programs don't require any thesis, like the full master’s degree, and have a relatively short period.
- Certificate programs- These are short-term academic programs for providing specialised skills to students to enhance their career prospects. It can continue for a few months to a year. Some postgraduate certificate programmes include data analytics, human resources, business management, digital marketing, project management, finance, etc.
List of popular post graduation courses
Here are some popular and demanded courses after graduation that students can choose from-
- MBA (Masters in Business Administration)- It is one of the most demanded courses after an undergraduate degree. It covers topics like accounting, finance, marketing, etc. and aims to give them an understanding of business principles to succeed in the field of business.
- The PG Diploma in Management (PGDM)- It is an alternative for those students who don't want to go for an MBA. Under this course, students acquire the required knowledge about business and management concepts.
- PGDM in Hotel Management- This course gives students specialized training in the field of hospitality and hotel management. The course covers topics such as food and beverage management, tourism management, housekeeping management, and event management.
- Certification in Finance and Accounting (CFA)- The CFA program is one of the most highly regarded in the finance industry. It is open to job opportunities like investment banking, private equity, asset management, and hedge funds.
- Project Management- Project Management postgraduate courses are designed to provide specialized training in managing projects effectively and efficiently. The course typically covers topics such as risk management, project planning, quality management, leadership, project scheduling, and project budgeting.
- PG Diploma in Digital Marketing or Business Analytics- Digital marketing has been ruling the job market and is exposed to great opportunities in the future. In this course, students learn about topics like search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, social media marketing, web analytics, advertising, email marketing, and pay-per-click (PPC).
- Masters in Data Science or Machine Learning- This course has been in great demand in the market. In this course, students learn to develop user-based technologies by understanding human needs and behaviour.
Admission requirements for postgraduate courses
Here are the admission requirements for post graduation courses:
- Students must have passed graduation with an average of 50% from a recognized board.
- Candidates need to give entrance exams like MAT, CMAT, CAT, XAT, etc. and secure 50% in the exams as there is no cut-off criteria.
- Students who have not attempted both of the above tests are required to sit for aptitude tests at different universities.
- Students who have completed the graduation, students appearing in their final year of the degree exam, or those studying in the final year are also eligible for the course.
- Students must graduate within the appropriate academic year and within the time frame set by SCDL.
How to Prepare for Post graduation Course Entrance Exams?
Here are some points that candidates can follow during their PG course entrance preparation:
- Students must start by understanding the syllabus and exam pattern and preparing all the topics and sub-topics.
- Identify the strong and weak areas and manage your time accordingly to finish the syllabus.
- Solve the previous year's question papers and attempt mock tests to get an idea of the types of questions.
- Grab good-quality study materials that are precise and reliable.
- Practice as many questions as possible, as this will boost your confidence. You can solve sample papers on a daily basis.
- Do revision every weekend to retain the information you have learned.
Career opportunities after post graduation courses
Here are slime's top career opportunities after post-graduation courses:
- Chief Financial Officer- The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for keeping a check on and managing the finances of a company. Students with a Master of Business Administration degree can choose this lucrative career option. The average salary can go up to 15 lakhs per annum.
- Investment Banker- The job of an Investment Banker is also a great career option. It includes providing financial advisory services to clients, typically corporations and governments, to help them raise capital through the issuance of securities or other financial instruments. The average salary can go up to 9 lakhs per annum.
- Data Analyst- Data analyst is a great choice for a high-paying job option. The job of a data analyst involves collecting, analyzing, and interpreting large sets of data to help organizations make data-driven decisions. The average salary can go up to 6 lakhs per annum.
- AI scientist- The opportunity in the field is endless. So, students can make a career in this field. The job of an Artificial Intelligence scientist involves using machine learning, deep learning, and other AI techniques to create intelligent systems that can learn reason, and make decisions. The average salary can go up to 6 lakhs per annum.
- Software Developer- The job of a software developer requires a strong understanding of programming languages, software design principles, and development methodologies. Students with a Master’s degree in Computer Science & IT can choose this career option. The average salary can go up to 6 lakhs per annum.