Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
₹ 60 Lakhs
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
A lot of effort and attention are needed to prepare for the XAT exam. Candidates must first pick when they want to begin their exam preparation. The recommended amount of sleep per day is between six and eight hours. Aspirants who begin their XAT exam preparation in May or earlier are more likely to be well-prepared since they have gone over the full curriculum and have committed the concepts and formulas to memory. However, students who begin their XAT exam preparation in October or November must go quickly. Candidates who plan to take the forthcoming exam should familiarize themselves with all aspects of the XAT Exam. This site provides all applicants with XAT exam preparation advice.
To enrol in XAT colleges, candidates must make sure they satisfy all of the entry requirements before registering for the exam. The following prerequisites must be met to takeover's Aptitude Test:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university is required of applicants, and the program must run at least three years.
- Also eligible to take the exam are students in their senior year.
- If they have a genuine GMAT score, students from foreign countries or NRIs are also permitted to take the XAT exam.
- The test has no upper age limit for participants.
- Xavier's Aptitude Test Exam Registration
- You can register for the exam online at the official XLRI website. You must complete and apply after seeing the website. You must correctly complete the form because the website does not permit any changes once the application has been submitted.
Structure of the Exam
To ace a competitive exam, it is advised that you carefully analyze its structure and layout. If you have a solid grasp of the exam structure, you will be able to predict the look of the questions paper and the types of questions that will be asked in the exam. All of the exam's questions will be multiple-choice and computer-based. One mark will be given for each accurate response, and 0.25 will be deducted for each incorrect one. Questions that are not attempted more than 12 times will receive a negative marking of 0.05. There will be 180 minutes allotted for the test. The exam consists of two parts:
Part 1: Verbal and logical ability; decision-making ability; quantitative ability and data interpretation
Part 2: General Information
The Xavier's Aptitude Test's syllabus
Once you have a solid grasp of the subject, creating a study plan and passing Xavier's Aptitude Test exam will be simple. Let's look at the main subjects that will be covered on the exam syllabus:
- General Knowledge: Some examples of general knowledge include history, literature, politics, nations and states, business economics, honours and recognition, society, international relations, and so forth.
- Logic and Verbal Ability: Reading comprehension, sentence completion, vocabulary, fill in the blanks, jumbled paragraphs, critical reasoning, and other verbal and logical skills
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation: Quantitative skills and data interpretation include speed and distance measurements, height and distance measurements, direction sense and time measurements, data interpretation, arithmetic, clocks, geometry, probability, 2D and 3D measurements, and more.
- Decision Making: Decision-making exercises include data arrangement tests, case studies, decision-making in a situation, condition and grouping tests, and more.
- Essay: You will be required to submit an essay for the exam that discusses a social or economic situation or occurrence.
How to Prepare for the XAT exam?
Candidates must develop a strong plan, concentrate on the crucial elements, and play to their strengths. Your XAT exam preparation should begin with your strong points before moving on to your weaknesses. Here are some suggestions for creating a preparation plan.
- Establish a schedule and spend six to eight hours each day studying. Grab a copy of the XAT exam syllabus pdf and describe your strengths and weaknesses on each topic.
- Make a time-bound exam preparation approach by understanding the XAT exam pattern and test structure. You must concentrate more on the subjects from which the majority of exam questions are drawn, depending on how much time you have to study for the test.
- Join online discussion forums and look for a mentor to help you with your preparation. You can also enrol in an MBA coaching program to prepare for the exam.
- To study while you're on the road, download mobile apps for the MBA test and sectional preparation videos.
- Give each part a time restriction and time yourself. Keep the time constraint in mind.
- Spend the previous month honing your exam-taking skills and evaluating your development. Practice is the key to passing any competitive exam, therefore take as many practice exams as you can.
Pattern and Analysis of the XAT exam Question Paper
The question paper is broken down and analyzed by part, along with the difficulty of each question type, in the sections that follow. Evaluations of XAT exam papers from the preceding six years are provided here.
- Verbal and Logical Ability:
There were 15 questions and 6 readings in the Verbal and Logical Ability test's Reading Comprehension part.
Three of the paragraphs contained three questions apiece, while the other three each had two questions. There were also two questions and several classic poems.
Grammar difficulties were simple, but problems with poetry and paraphrasing were more challenging.
- Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning:
The exam's Decision-Making component was a little challenging.
The XAT exam's singlet-free component did not exist.
Each of the seven scenarios had three questions. Three of the sections dealt with moral conundrums, while four dealt with corporate decisions.
- Quantitative ability and data interpretation:
The Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation exam contained 12 DI items and 16 QA questions.
Geometry, algebra, and arithmetic predominated in the QA exercises.
The XAT exam's section on DI sets had four of them.
The segment was generally of moderate difficulty.
- General Knowledge:
The General Knowledge part was generally of moderate difficulty.
There were 25 questions in this area from current and static GK (business, people, and honours) (Economy, Geography, Science, and Technology)
For one academic year only, the XAT exam results are valid for MBA admission. For instance, the score from the XAT 2022 is good for the academic year 2022, whereas the score from the XAT 2023 is good for the academic year 2023.