Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Candidates must pass the Common Admission Examination, or CAT exam, a management aptitude test, in order to be considered for MBA programs at institutions across the country and abroad. Approximately two lakh people apply for the test each year. The CAT exam pattern content is made up of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and non-MCQs from the Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR), and Quantitative Ability sections. Aside from the MBA courses, the CAT score is acceptable for admission to Executive MBA, Ph.D., and FPM programs.
Exam preparation tips
A unique set of strategies is needed to pass the CAT exam pattern. They are listed below:
- Observe the guidelines
After you enter the test room, the invigilator will help you find your desk and answer any other small questions you may have. Before the designated reporting time, candidates must arrive at the CAT testing facility. Candidates must immediately comply with the invigilator's instructions. It is best to carefully listen to the invigilator's instructions rather than disobeying them.
- Time management
One of the most crucial CAT exam pattern tips is to move on to the next question if you believe a question is challenging and will take a lot of time to answer. Time will be of the essence during the CAT exams, and every mistake will take you further from your objective.
Candidates will only have 40 minutes in each section of the CAT exam to finish both MCQs and TITA questions before the next section appears on the screen, in accordance with the test design. One of the CAT 2022 tests' ten essential things to understand before taking an exam is that candidates must keep this in mind as they answer the questions. If a question seems like it will take you longer than usual to answer, move on to the next one without pausing and try the questions that are straightforward and quick to finish.
Any field of study that leads to a bachelor's degree is required for the CAT exam. The specific requirements for CAT eligibility are as follows:
- Candidates must have earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 50% (45 percent aggregate for SC, ST, and PWD/DA categories) in order to be eligible to take the CAT in 2022.
- Candidates for the CAT exam must also have the required percentage in a professional degree (CA, CS, or ICWA).
- The CAT 2022 exam is also open to applicants who are in their final year of study for a bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification or who are awaiting results.
CAT recruitment procedure
The following steps make up the CAT selection process:
1. Based on their CAT exam results, prior academic results, and work experience, candidates are narrowed down.
2. Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview are the next steps (PI)
3. The student's performance in Stage 1 and Stage 2 performance will determine the final shortlist or calls.
Registration for CAT
The following is the CAT registration process:
1. Create an online form at the CAT website.
2. Select Register, and enter your name, email address, nationality, birthday, and cell phone number to generate an OTP. An OTP will be sent to your email. Add the OTP to your account to verify it. Your CAT ID and password will be sent to you via email.
3. Complete the information - Log in with your previous ID and password. If necessary, fill out the sections for your personal information, academic background, work history, and other specifics. Ensure that the required images are in jpg/jpeg format and have a minimum file size of 80 KB.
4. Complete your application - Look over it and submit your payment.
5. Get the credential through SMS: Your ID, Password, and other CAT-related alerts will always be sent to your registered cellphone number via SMS. If you forget your username or password, you can check your messenger for the same.
CAT Exam charges
- For applicants from the General/OBC category, the application fee is INR 2200.
- The application fee for SC/ST/PWDs is INR 1100.
- The entire application fee must be paid online using a credit/debit card or net banking.
- For CAT exams, a dynamic marking system is utilized. Numerous other variables affect your overall percentile. Every question is given a grade based on how challenging it is and how many people attempt it and get the answer right. Each incorrect response will result in a minus grade. Non-MCQ questions, however, are not covered by this.
CAT exam pattern
Three sections make up the CAT question paper: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, and Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC) (DILR). Both multiple-choice and non-multiple-choice questions must be answered by candidates.
The ongoing COVID-19 epidemic may alter the CAT's design and curriculum. The CAT exam format might change in the wake of the pandemic.
- In the year 2021, there were a total of 66 questions, with +3 marks awarded for accurate responses and a mark deducted for incorrect ones.
- There is no deductible scoring for the non-MCQ questions.
- Both MCQ and non-MCQ questions are included in the CAT exam format.
- English is the language of the test.
- There is a 120-minute time limit for this exam (2 hours).
- Each section has a time limit of 40 minutes (Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation, and Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension)
- A candidate cannot change sections before the allotted time has passed. Once they have moved on to the next section, the students cannot attempt the questions from the prior section.
- This test was created using a computer.
- A calculator will be provided to the candidates for the exam.
Documents needed for the CAT Exam, listed
- The candidate's phone number and email
- 10th and 12th grade transcripts, as well as graduation diplomas (if cleared)
- A valid ID proof is required, such as an Aadhaar card, PAN card, voter card, passport, etc.
- Candidates will be required to submit specific CAT question paper with their CAT 2022 application, including a passport-size photo, their signature, and other items.
- It is crucial to check that the resolution is at least 150 pixels per inch when scanning documents.
- On the empty page, the signature should be written in black ink.
- A file size of no more than 80kb is required for the signature and photo, both of which must be in jpeg/jpg format.
- Except for applicants under the General Category, all other students must present their SC/ST/NC-OBC/EWS and PWD certificates.
- Credit cards, debit cards, and online banking can all be used for payment.