Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
PGDM in Finance?
A Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) with a focus on finance is a professional degree program that aims to prepare students for careers in finance and related fields. It typically covers a wide range of topics including financial management, investment analysis, corporate finance, and financial modeling. Many programs also include coursework in leadership, communication, and business ethics to help students develop the professional skills needed to succeed in their careers. Some schools offer PGDM in finance as a stand-alone degree, while others offer it as a specialization within a broader MBA program.
Why pursue a career in Finance?
There are several reasons why someone might pursue a Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) with a focus on finance in order to advance their career:
- Specialized knowledge: A PGDM in finance provides students with a deep understanding of financial concepts, theories, and practices that can be applied in a variety of business and financial settings.
- Industry connections: Many PGDM programs offer opportunities to network with industry professionals, which can be valuable in building a career in finance.
- Professional development: PGDM programs often include coursework in leadership, communication, and other professional skills that can help students develop the expertise and confidence needed to advance their careers.
- Career opportunities: Graduates of a PGDM in finance may be well-prepared for a wide range of careers in finance, including positions in investment banking, corporate finance, financial planning, and more.
- Higher earning potential: Many finance professionals with advanced degrees, such as a PGDM, earn higher salaries than those without.
- Flexibility: Many PGDM programs offer flexible scheduling options, such as evening or weekend classes, to accommodate the busy schedules of working professionals.
- Reputation: A PGDM from a reputable institution can be an important asset when seeking employment or advancement in the finance industry.
What is finance technology?
The use of technology to enhance and automate financial services is known as fintech or financial technology. A course in finance technology often includes lessons in blockchain technology, mobile banking, online payment systems, and financial software. Fintech courses may be offered at the undergraduate or graduate level and may be available as standalone courses or as part of a degree program in finance, business, or a related field. Finance technology courses can be of interest to those who are considering a career in finance or who are already in the profession and want to learn more about how technology is used. Some fintech courses may have a practical focus, with a focus on developing technical skills, while others may have a more theoretical focus, with a focus on understanding the broader context and implications of fintech.
Skills you require to enter in the finance industry
Before pursuing your PGDM in finance there are a number of skills that can be helpful to build a successful career in finance, including:
- Analytical skills: The ability to analyze and interpret financial data is essential for success in finance.
- Problem-solving skills: Financial professionals often encounter complex problems and must be able to find creative solutions.
- Attention to detail: The finance industry requires attention to detail, as even small mistakes can have significant consequences.
- Communication skills: Finance professionals must be able to effectively communicate financial information to both colleagues and clients.
- Time management skills: Finance professionals often work on tight deadlines and must be able to manage their time effectively.
- Interpersonal skills: The ability to work well with others is important in finance, as professionals often need to collaborate with colleagues and interact with clients.
- Ethics: A strong ethical foundation is essential for finance professionals, as they often handle sensitive financial information and make decisions that can have significant consequences.
- Technical skills: Proficiency with financial software and other technical tools are often required in the finance industry.
Career opportunities after doing PGDM in Finance
Graduates of a Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in finance in India have access to a wide range of careers in finance and related fields. Some potential career possibilities include:
- Investment banking: Investment bankers help companies raise capital by underwriting and selling securities to investors.
- Corporate finance: Corporate finance professionals help companies make financial decisions, such as how to raise capital or manage risk.
- Financial planning: Financial planners help individuals and families create long-term financial plans to achieve their financial goals.
- Risk management: Risk management professionals help organizations identify and mitigate potential financial risks.
- Wealth management: Wealth management professionals help high-net-worth individuals and families manage and grow their wealth.
- Financial analysis: Financial analysts provide research and analysis to help businesses and investors make informed financial decisions.
- Financial consulting: Financial consultants offer advice and assistance to organisations on financial matters such as budgeting, financial planning, and risk management.
- Financial journalism: Financial journalists report on financial news and trends for print, online, and broadcast media outlets.
- Teaching: Graduates of a PGDM in finance may also pursue careers in academia, teaching finance and related subjects at the college or university level.
Recruitment companies for PGDM finance students
There are numerous recruitment companies that specialise in placing finance professionals, including those with a PGD with a focus on finance. Some examples of recruitment companies that may be of interest to PGDM finance students in India include:
- Michael Page: Michael Page is a global recruitment firm with a strong focus on finance and financial services.
- EY-Parthenon: EY-Parthenon is a strategic consulting firm that works with clients in the financial services industry.
- KPMG: KPMG is a global professional services firm with a strong presence in the financial services industry.
- Deloitte: Deloitte is a global professional services firm with a strong presence in the financial services industry.
- Accenture: Accenture is a global professional services firm that works with clients in the financial services industry.
- PwC: PwC is a global professional services firm with a strong presence in the financial services industry.
- McKinsey & Company: McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm that works with clients in the financial services industry.
It is important to keep in mind that these are just a few examples and that there are many other recruitment companies that may be of interest to PGDM finance students.
The finance sector is a dynamic and fast-growing industry, with many career opportunities available for those with the right skills and qualifications. The use of technology in finance, also known as fintech, is increasing rapidly and is expected to continue to drive growth in the industry. As a result, professionals with expertise in fintech may be particularly well-positioned for career growth in finance. PGDM in finance can be a solid base to start your career in the industry.