Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
₹ 60 Lakhs
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
The CAT syllabus's wide and extensive character adds another dimension to one of India's most prestigious and rigorous MBA competitive tests. It demands applicants to have not only technically clear concepts but also the ability to think and read between the lines, understand the underlying purpose of questions, find possible easy solutions to difficult ones, as well as exceptional general intelligence and reasoning abilities. The questions, which are divided into three sections: quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, data interpretation, verbal ability, and reading comprehension, can range from refreshing to haunting. Examine the CAT Syllabus and the precise topics on which you should concentrate, as well as the cat exam pattern.
CAT Syllabus 2022 Overview
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation, and Quantitative Aptitude are the three core courses of the CAT Syllabus 2022.
Vocabulary, grammar, para jumbles, RC passages, para summary, and other topics are covered in the CAT Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension Syllabus. Last year, four RC readings were given, each with four questions.
The CAT Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning Syllabus covers topics such as word puzzles, seating arrangements, blood relations, and DI sets with graphical and tabular representation.
Arithmetic, algebra, current mathematics, geometry and measurement, and numbers are the five areas of the CAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus.
The revised CAT Exam Pattern calls for 66 questions to be answered in two hours.
Before commencing their preparation for CAT 2022, candidates can download CAT Question Papers to get a better understanding of the new pattern and syllabus.
CAT Syllabus 2022: Quantitative Aptitude
- The vast majority of QA questions are based on topics from the mathematics syllabus for class 10.
- Out of 22 questions, the QA section of the CAT exam will have 14 MCQs and 8 non-MCQs.
- The CAT Quality Assurance Syllabus concentrates on numerical problems and evaluates a candidate's mathematical abilities.
- It's a test of speed, precision, and accuracy.
- Quants play an important role, accounting for more than 40% of the questions posed.
Important CAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus Topics
There are 22 questions in the quantitative aptitude section.
Arithmetic holds the biggest weight in the CAT Syllabus for QA of all the topics. In actuality, maths comes in second behind reading comprehension in terms of weightage in the CAT 2022 exam.
The majority of the quant questions are about broad topics like profit and loss, number systems, geometry, and so on.
Logarithms, progressions, set theory, permutation and combination, functions, and other topics are covered in modern maths.
TITA (Type in the Answer) questions were included in all CAT slots in 2021.
Concentrate on geometry, algebra, contemporary mathematics, and, most importantly, arithmetic, according to our suggestions.
CAT Syllabus 2022: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Two areas of the DILR CAT Syllabus are highlighted: data interpretation and logical reasoning.
- DI questions are both multiple-choice and non-multiple-choice.
- Data interpretation questions assess a candidate's ability to draw conclusions from a set of numbers.
- The CAT Logical Thinking Syllabus evaluates a candidate's logical reasoning abilities and how well they apply to real-world circumstances.
- Individually or in groups of four or more, LR questions can be asked.
- In the CAT 2022 DILR section, just 15 MCQs and 5 non-MCQs are expected.
Important CAT DILR Syllabus Topics
The majority of the DILR component is made up of data sets for logical reasoning and data interpretation.
You can utilise DI, LR, or a combination of DI and LR setups. For the past three years, this section has been the decisive factor, and the complexity is growing.
The DI section is divided into two sections: reasoning-based questions and calculation-based questions.
Arrangement set questions have become more relevant in recent years, despite the lack of dedicated weighting or topic preferences. As a result, you should practice as much as possible, especially with CAT test papers from prior years.
CAT Syllabus 2022: Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability
- The VARC CAT Syllabus evaluates a candidate's ability to communicate and comprehend information.
- The candidate's ability to comprehend a passage will be tested through comprehension questions.
- True/false assertions based on the reading, the Author's point of view on the themes discussed in the text, inference from the passage, the passage's main theme, and its goal are all questions from the Reading Comprehension passage.
- Multiple choice questions (MCQs) are used in the RC section.
- The Verbal Ability segment will be dominated by non-MCQ questions.
- There were 19 MCQs and 5 non-MCQs in the previous year's paper.
- VARC questions on reading comprehension account for roughly 70% of the total.
CAT VARC Important Topics
In the three years leading up to the CAT 2022, no questions from sentence correction, grammar, vocabulary, or fill in the gaps featured in the verbal ability CAT curriculum.
As a result, dedicating a significant amount of time to these issues is futile. Para jumble questions, on the other hand, have become a staple of the verbal ability portion.
Para jumbles have also become more complex in recent years.
CAT Exam Pattern 2022
The CAT exam pattern 2022 and test format were established by the conducting IIM. Candidates planning to take the CAT exam this year should familiarise themselves with the most recent CAT exam pattern. It will help pupils better understand the CAT question paper's structure as well as the grading scheme.
CAT Exam Pattern 2022 Overview
The number of questions in the CAT Exam Pattern 2022 has been reduced overall and by section.The overall number of questions has been reduced from 76 to 66 by IIM, with the following adjustments in total number of questions in each section:
- 24 out of 26 for reading comprehension and linguistic ability
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (20 of 24)
- 22 out of 26 for Quantitative Aptitude
- The CAT Question Paper for the 2021 session was created using the most recent exam pattern. The number of sections remains the same, namely three: CAT VARC, CAT DILR, and CAT Quant.
- The time limit for finishing the paper is 120 minutes or 2 hours. Candidates will receive +3 marks for each correct answer, while incorrect responses will result in a -1 point deduction. For incorrect TITA-type question responses, there will be no penalty.
What's New about the CAT Exam Format?
The only change in the CAT 2021 exam pattern was an increase in the overall number of questions. IIM Ahmedabad hosted the exam last year, keeping the CAT exam design from 2020 but reducing the number of questions from 76 to 66.
Until 2020, when the CAT format was modified after five years, CAT tests were 180 minutes or three hours long (with a 60-minute sectional time limit) and featured 100 questions. With a 40-minute segment time limit, the CAT exam now lasts 120 minutes or two hours. PwD candidates used to get 20 minutes extra in each segment, but starting in 2020, they would only get 13.20 minutes.
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern - Overall and Sectional Time Limit
The CAT exam is timed in sections. Applicants must finish the paper in a certain order. They will not be able to choose which segment to begin with or switch between sections. They must complete the CAT question paper in order, starting with section one and ending with section three. The following is how the sections will be organised:
Section 1: Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability
Section 2: Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation
Section 3: Quantitative Aptitude
Aspirants must keep in mind that they must complete each component within the time allotted, and the screen will automatically advance to the next area once the time is up. Later adjustments or corrections will not be permitted.
Marking Scheme for the CAT Exam in 2022
You should familiarise yourself with the CAT marking scheme before taking the exam so that you may choose which questions to answer and which to skip.
- The CAT 2022 paper will have a total of 198 marks.
- Each question will be worth three points.
- For each incorrect response, there will be a minus one mark.
- No marks will be deducted if a candidate does not attempt the question.
- Because some questions in each section may not be multiple-choice, you'll have to type your answers into the computer.
Important Points About the Test Process in the CAT Exam Pattern 2022
- Using an on-screen calculator during the exam allowed for calculations.
- During the exam, applicants might use an onscreen clock to keep track of time.
- Rough worksheets were provided, which had to be submitted at the exam centre as soon as the exam was completed.
- Candidates were not permitted to begin the test before the scheduled time. The computer screen will not open until the invigilator makes an announcement.
- Candidates were required to sit in their assigned seats; if they were spotted sitting elsewhere, they would be disqualified from the exam.
Consistent effort and motivation are required to complete the CAT course. It's also critical to follow a well-thought-out approach that highlights your strengths while improving your weaknesses.