Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
₹ 60 Lakhs
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
CAT exam syllabus 2022
Topics from three subjects are included in the CAT Syllabus: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Quantitative Aptitude (QA), and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR).
- Grammar, vocabulary, RC passages, and para jumbles are all covered in the CAT VARC Syllabus.
- DI sets based on tables, graphs & charts, and LR problems based on analytical & non-verbal reasoning make up the CAT DILR Syllabus.
- The CAT Quant Syllabus covers topics in mathematics from grades 10 to 12, including arithmetic, algebra, numbers, geometry, and more.
Preparation Strategy, Study Plan, and Topper Tips for CAT 2022
To begin preparing for the CAT 2022 exam, one should solve and analyze the previous year's question papers, go over the full subject-by-subject exam analysis, and aim to master at least 70% of the syllabus in 2-3 months.
The first question that most aspirants have is How to Prepare for the CAT exam. As a result, applicants should review the section-by-section CAT 2022 preparation tips and methods listed below.
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning CAT Preparation (DILR).
In the DILR portion, questions are asked in sets of 4-5 questions, and correctly answering one set will earn you 12-15 marks.
- Solve at least 5-6 DI tasks every week for CAT DI preparation using a variety of data sets, including bar graphs, line graphs, pie charts, tabular data.
- Begin by answering questions with only 5 variables, then progress to questions with 7-8 variables.
- Be comprehensive with crucial ratio-percentage conversions, profit & loss, averages, and other arithmetic concepts to manage time while solving DI problems.
- Practice is essential for CAT LR preparation. Every day, try to answer as many questions as possible. For one day, choose one LR topic and answer 20-30 questions of varying difficulty.
Quantitative CAT Preparation (QA)
In the CAT Quant part, arithmetic accounts for half of the problems. Numbers and Modern Mathematics receive the least amount of questions (about 2-3). Concentrate your efforts on Arithmetic, Algebra, and Geometry.
- Understand the fundamentals of calculation, including ratio-percentage conversion, squares, and cubes up to 30, square roots and cube roots, averages, exponential theorems, divisibility laws, the idea of numbers, units digit, probability, P&C, and tables up to 25.
- Concentrate your efforts in Arithmetic on concepts such as profit and loss, TSD, time and work, mixtures, averages, and percentages.
- Triangles, Circles, and Parallelograms are the most essential topics in Geometry. Learn all of the important triangle and circle theorems and formulas. Both 2D and 3D - will also ask one question.
- Sectional mock tests must be completed within the time constraint of 40 minutes. After each mock test, evaluate your performance and correct any faults.
CAT Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension Preparation (VARC)
In CAT VARC, RC accounts for more than half of the questions asked. Para jumbles, odd one out, para summary, and error detection are all essential topics in Verbal Ability.
- To increase vocabulary, read newspapers, magazines, or online articles on a daily basis. Even while solving RC passages, note down the new words that you encounter.
- To brush up on your grammar concepts and to practice questions on error detection, para jumbles, para summary, fill in the blanks and refer to the best books for CAT preparation.
- To increase your reading speed for RC passages, start with short passages (250-350 words) and then gradually move to 500+ word passages.
- Solve CAT previous year question papers, sample papers, and various online mock test series to get a hold of a variety of questions.
Mock Tests and Question Papers for the CAT
Previous year's CAT question papers can assist you to comprehend the kind of questions and the paper's difficulty level. Additionally, solving 1-2 question sheets on a regular basis will aid in improving your speed and accuracy when answering questions.
- A few weeks before the CAT exam date, the CAT 2022 Mock Test will be available on the official website.
- The CAT 2022 Mock test will be 120 minutes in total, with a 40-minute sectional time limit. iimcat.ac.in will provide official links to take the practice tests.
- Aspirants will have access to online examinations through the CAT 2022 Mock Test Link to familiarize themselves with computer-based test instructions, procedures, and features.
2022 CAT Coaching Centers
Aspirants for the CAT 2022 exam can also enroll in a coaching center to prepare for the exam. The top teachers with many years of experience are provided by CAT Coaching Institutes.
- CAT coaching institutes also offer carefully curated study materials, practice papers, general and sectional mock examinations, and doubt-clearing sessions, among other services.
- Many CAT hopefuls can engage and discuss techniques and thoughts on a platform provided by CAT Coachings.
Preparing for the CAT 2022 Exam: Online Coachings, Resources, and Study Materials
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a significant movement toward online coaching for MBA examinations such as the CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, NMAT, and others. For CAT preparation, there are several online coaching facilities, study channels, YouTube channels, and online study material. You an also search for CAT exam eligibility to get a better understanding of the course.
The CAT exam pattern is depicted below.
- Total number of questions: 100
- Three portions are included.
- MCQs (multiple choice questions): 75
- Non-MCQs (non-multiple choice questions): 25
- For each right answer, the following score is given: 3 points
- Negative marking (applicable to MCQs with incorrect answers): -1 mark
CAT exam syllabus 2022
It is much easier to understand the material once you have a good understanding of why the CAT exam is for and what purpose does it have. It is broken into three sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension; Quantitative Aptitude; and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning. These three major portions, which include all of the syllabus's themes, are further separated into sub-sections with evenly distributed exam marks.
How Should I Prepare for the CAT 2022 Exam? Subject-Specific Advice
The section on Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension is the most difficult since you will be asked a range of questions. Practice a number of different reasoning questions, paying attention to the current trends in the exam design. Reading the newspaper every day will help you improve your grammar and vocabulary.
Data interpretation and logical reasoning are the most difficult sections since they require an analytical understanding of the subjects. It may be possible to crack it with daily practice and a lot of revision. To save time for other subjects, start solving questions with quick strategies for logical thinking.
In Quantitative Aptitude, you must make an updated plan in order to answer the questions correctly. For a better result, don't become sidetracked when working on this portion; instead, stay concentrated and answer the questions with a cool head.
It's important to remember that if you answer half of your questions correctly, you'll obtain a percentile of 98-99. To achieve a decent mark in the CAT 2022 exam, prepare properly with an intelligent approach and smart work to crack the questions in the shortest time possible.
Form Correction (CAT 2022).
After the registration window closes, the CAT 2022 Form Correction window will be open for a few days. Candidates that pay their application fee within the deadline will be able to amend the following information:
- Test City Preferences
Exam Pattern for CAT 2022.
IIM updated the CAT exam pattern in 2021, and these modifications are expected to persist for the CAT 2022 exam. As a result, according to the CAT Exam Pattern 2022, the CAT exam papers will be divided into three portions, each with 66 questions.
- Exam Mode: The CAT 2022 exam will be held in an online CBT format at 438+ test centers throughout 158+ major cities in India.
- CAT Exam Medium: The CAT Exam is exclusively offered in English.
- Duration of the CAT Exam: 120 minutes for the complete CAT exam paper.
- Sectional Each of the three portions has a time limit of 40 minutes.
- MCQs and TITA-style questions are the most common types of questions.
- There are a total of 66 questions in this quiz. (70-75 percent multiple-choice questions, 25-30 percent TITA-style questions)
- The test is divided into three sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Quantitative Aptitude (QA), and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DIR) (DILR).
- The CAT Marking Scheme is as follows: For each accurate response, 3 points are awarded, while for each incorrect answer, 1 point is subtracted. For TITA-style questions, there is no negative grading.