Students Trained & Placed
Sq.Ft.of training area
Worldwide Alumni Network
Kitchen Training Facility
UP to Scholarships
International & National Internships only at 5-star Properties
One to One Corporate Mentorship
An Entrepreneurial Culture at the Campus
Dignified with Rankings
Amongst India's most promising Hotel Management Institute by Higher Education Review 2022
Ranked Top Hotel Management Institute awarded by Times Education Icon 2022
Quality Education, Outstanding Administration & Leading Infrastructure by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
Outstanding Performance in Virtual Knowledge Delivery During Pandemic by Educational Excellence Awards & Conference 2021
What are PGDM courses?
- PGDM is a postgraduate level management course or pg course that is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of management concepts and practices.
- The course is typically offered by autonomous institutions and private B-schools in India and is recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education.
- PGDM courses are highly industry-oriented and are designed to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel in the corporate world.
- PGDM courses also offer students the opportunity to specialize in a particular area of management.
- The admission process for PGDM courses varies from institute to institute, but it typically involves an entrance exam, followed by group discussion and personal interview rounds.
Who should go for PGDM?
- Students who want to enhance their knowledge and skills in management can take up a PGDM course.
- It is ideal for working professionals who want to upgrade their skills and qualifications to progress in their careers.
- Aspiring entrepreneurs who want to develop the necessary skills to start and manage their own businesses can also go for a PGDM course.
- Students who wish to gain specialized knowledge and skills in a particular area of management such as marketing, finance, human resources, operations, or information technology.
- It is a great course for those who want to gain international exposure and pursue a career abroad.
Why should you opt for a PGDM course?
- The PGDM programme was created with the needs and requirements of the industry in mind. This helps students to stay ahead of the curve and be better prepared for the challenges of the corporate world.
- PGDM programs place a strong emphasis on practical learning. This provides them with hands-on experience and helps them to develop practical skills that are essential in the workplace.
- A PGDM course from a reputed institute can significantly enhance a student's job prospects. The course provides students with a strong foundation in management principles, which exposes them to a wide range of job roles in various sectors.
- PGDM courses not only prepare students for a successful corporate career but also equip them with the skills and knowledge required to start their own businesses.
Specialization courses offered in PGDM
Here are some of the demanded PGDM courses
- PGDM in Finance
- PGDM in Business Analytics
- PGDM in International Business
- PGDM in Operations Management
- PGDM in Marketing
- PGDM in HR
- PGDM in Supply Chain Management
- PGDM in Information Technology
- PGDM in Sales and Marketing
- PGDM in Digital Marketing
- PGDM in Banking and Finance
Eligibility Criteria for PGDM Admission
Here are the eligibility criteria for PGDM admission:
- Since it is a postgraduate program, to enrol on this a student must have a Bachelor's Degree from a recognised University.
- a student must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in his bachelor's degree to take up these courses after graduation.
- Some popular and reputed institutes also demand a minimum of 60% for BJT admission.
- Students have to sit for entrance exams like MAT and CAT and qualify for them.
Admission process for the PGDM course
The admission process is different for different colleges. But, here is the general process for PGDM admission:
- The first step in PGDM admission is the entrance exam, like MAT, XAT, CAT, and ATMA.
- The students who clear the entrance exam are called for a group discussion or a personal interview round.
- The overall result is declared after reviewing a student's performance in both the exam as well as interview.
- As a next step, students have to apply for the application form. It can be done both online and offline.
- As a last step, the students have to submit their required documents and pay their fees.
- The average PGDM course fee is about 8.65 lakhs.
Popular Entrance Exams for PGDM Course
Here are some entrance exams that students should give to enrol in a PGDM course:
- MAT- The MAT exam is a popular entrance exam for admission into various management programs in India. Both offline and online techniques of conducting it are applicable.
- CAT- CAT is one of the most popular entrance exams for management courses in India that evaluates a candidate's aptitude for management education.
- XAT- XAT exam is one of the most popular management entrance exams in India. It offers an opportunity for students to pursue management courses from top B-schools in India.
- ATMA- ATMA is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) for admission to MBA, PGDM, and other management courses in various colleges and institutes across India.
- GMAT- The Graduate Management Admission Test, or GMAT, is a standardized test that is designed to measure a candidate's aptitude for business studies at the graduate level.
- NMAT- NMAT is an entrance examination conducted by GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) for admission to MBA and other graduate management programs offered by NMIMS and other business schools in India.
Preparation for the PGDM entrance exams
Here are some preparation tips to clear the PGDM entrance exams:
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern. They reveal a lot about the question types, marking schemes etc.
- Make a study plan and follow it strictly. It will make your preparation disciplined and teach you time management, which is very important during exams.
- Don’t forget to practice the previous year's papers, mock tests and sample papers. Practising them boosts your confidence and your score in exams.
- Read Newspapers and Magazines as it can to develop their analytical and comprehension skills. It will help them to perform better in the entrance exams.
- Use high-quality study materials. Various types of materials are available online as well as offline. You should choose them to increase your knowledge.
- Put your attention on comprehending the core ideas and principles of each subject.
- Develop problem-solving skills by solving questions from a variety of sources and difficulty levels.
- Revise your lessons on weekends. It will help you to memorise your lessons for a long time.